The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Im a christian and I would feel really angry if people mock me for what KKK did.
Reply 41
Original post by TSRFT8
OP; @mkap

When someone says that Muslims do nothing, just remember that the Soldiers who took over Palmyra from ISIS in Syria were all Muslim. Muslims are fighting ISIS on the front line not through a computer screen like a lot of these racist morons.

Also too the people saying Muslims need to make posters and stand on the street to prove they are not ISIS is ****ing ridiculous how is that going to help. What exactly does a poster achieve apart from wasting your time. The majority of people who have time to attend such ridiculous events which btw just publicise the organisation even more (what they want) happen to be unemployed with too much time on their hands.

Do nothing and Muslims will be put in detention camps like the Japanese in America during WWII.
Original post by Good bloke
The most important thing is that you can stop importing preachers who follow the Deobandi and Wahhabi (or related) schools of thought, and kick out the ones that are already here from your mosques. It isn't just about educating people: you must educate them in the right way.

You should also stop indoctrinating children as Moslems before they are 16 years old.

We dont indoctrinate young children, give me an example... We teach our children Islam. Like a parent would teach Christian beliefs or any other religion
Original post by Thomb
Why don't white christians do enough to put a stop to the KKK!

what a stupid comparison
We all have freedom of choice. It is not compulsory for all muslims to protest and stand up for ourselves. Some people don't want to do that. We need to respect one another. Some muslims want to stand up for themselves and do. They voice their opinions or run marches and stuff. One cannot say that a certain group of people aren't doing enough to stand up. It is their choice.
Reply 45
Original post by Daniel9998
what a stupid comparison

Why they are both fundamentalist? i.e. Prejudiced against anyone who doesn't think the same as they do.

I wonder if the news providers honestly just want to see the world burn.
The more negative stuff that happens, the more news they get.
They never post anything positive.
Original post by Thomb
WoW a two bit protest with some not all white faces I am so impressed - Not!

Why should white people care about what the KKK did?
Reply 48
Original post by Duke Glacia
Im a christian and I would feel really angry if people mock me for what KKK did.

:angry:
Original post by admonit
Start with admitting that ISIS is a product of Islam.

If you mean certain sects, then yes. However, the entire religion.... no.
Original post by mil88
If you mean certain sects, then yes. However, the entire religion.... no.

A minority (0.03% of the religion) of Islam are engaged in what you see on the news. That does not mean one can say evry muslim is like that as @mil88 has correctly pointed out :wink:
There's been a fair bit of a action from some of the world's leading traditional scholars (not from Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi/Salafi regime... coincidence? I think not). The scholars have condemned ISIS and there has been several books written in refutation of their actions. Research Sayyidi Shaykh Muhammad Al Yaqoubi who recently released his second refutation of ISIS and its ideology.
they help plenty and the way they do this is by not joining!!
Original post by AyeshaKhan
We dont indoctrinate young children, give me an example... We teach our children Islam. Like a parent would teach Christian beliefs or any other religion

Indoctrination is making sure the child grows up as a Moslem. Teaching is allowing the child to learn about all the possibilities (Christianity, atheism, Buddhism etc too), without any pressure, and to make their own mind up when they are old enough. I think we know which course most religious people take.
If the parent is muslim then they want there child to be muslim however when the child grows up to an age where he is capable to think for himself he can choose
Original post by AyeshaKhan
when the child grows up to an age where he is capable to think for himself he can choose

I don't think mnay Moslems take that attitude, and many disown children who are apostates. In any event, the "education" in religion should not start until the child is sixteen; it usually starts with toddlers,
I don't think mnay Moslems take that attitude, and many disown children who are apostates. In any event, the "education" in religion should not start until the child is sixteen; it usually starts with toddlers,

How can you say that with no proof or evidence. Please look in the hadith
Original post by shawtyb
they help plenty and the way they do this is by not joining!!

Most dumb comment i've ever seen on this site lol
Indoctrination is making sure the child grows up as a Moslem. Teaching is allowing the child to learn about all the possibilities (Christianity, atheism, Buddhism etc too), without any pressure, and to make their own mind up when they are old enough. I think we know which course most religious people take.

If they force them to become Muslim then that's incorrect ('There is no compulsion in religion'). I personally would teach them Islam and encourage them to explore other relgions and would discuss this with them and let the arrive at their own judgement. I'm not sure you can accuse the religion for this behaviour when it clearly says there's no compulsion in religion.
Original post by mil88
it clearly says there's no compulsion in religion.

It also clearly says a lot of things that contradict that. And it is not a matter of what Moslems are commanded to do, but what they actually do. Few give their children any choice in such matters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending