The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AyeshaKhan
How can you say that with no proof or evidence. Please look in the hadith

Why? Do the hadith describe what UK-based Moslems do?
Original post by shawtyb
they help plenty and the way they do this is by not joining!!

Are you completely stupid, I seen Donald Trump talk on Good Morning Britain and he said Belgium Muslims knew the was a terror threat and was wanted by the authorities they did not turn him in, it went unreported. Abit like the Pakistani's with Bin Laden, they did not tell the american spies about the . The rise of ISIS is down to two things

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has spent a lot of money promoting radical versions of Islam, this is where Osama Bin Laden came from and the 7/7 terrorists had links to Saudi Arabia. How do Saudi Arabia promote radical islam, well they spend a lot of money promoting it in there mosques and schools, I wouldn't doubt they would do it in other public buildings, they also spent a lot of money on getting training seminars in the mosques of radical Islam. The impact this has is that a lot of people born in Saudi Arabia will have learned a posioned version of the Qu'ran and this may lead to them becoming terrorists as they will believe they are superior (Bin Laden). This has been on the up since 1979 so this may help ISIS expand in the future, more corrupt tapped muslims to join them, this is really bad, I can now see ISIS going quite for a while, but still be an active group and then reengage in activities when the west least expect it. They have had recruitment drives the English who have returned from Syria (I think it was around Christmas time) went to ISIS, they was recruited and trained for many weeks before coming back. You may ask why they came back? well the answer is to expand if they preach radical islam enough they can go into their local mosques and then radicalise and recruit, they will be expanding and the threat will get much larger

http://theweek.com/articles/570297/how-saudi-arabia-exports-radical-islam

The americans are also partly to blame, remember when Obama armed the Syrian rebels fighting Assad, they were ISIS and then ISIS had some good quality weapons to kill with and this also strenghtend there position to fight the free syrian army and gain ground, I think ISIS are quite large in membership - the syrians did not help by running away and making life easy for them

I saw on the news since Russia and the West started bombing Syria ISIS have lost 22% of territory- this tells me that they have done an okay job they just need to bomb harder and faster to wipe out more territory
http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/03/17/isis-lost-22-of-territory-since-start-of-2015/

For those who thought airstrikes achieved nothing - are you happy to admit you was wrong- if you bring civilian deaths in i don't care i think the risk is too big not to bomb them
Original post by Good bloke
Why? Do the hadith describe what UK-based Moslems do?

does the qur'an describe what Uk based Muslims do?
Original post by mkap

So i ask you what can Muslims do:

You have not replied to any of the excellent suggestions you have received. Another one is to stop people like AyeshaKhan an Mil88 from trying to make Islam look out of touch and unrealistic, and to stop them reinforcing the view we receive of Islam.
does the qur'an describe what Uk based Muslims do?

You seem to be in the wrong thread.
Original post by mkap
Seriously why do people don't think Muslims don't do enough about ISIS? you just think that we sit back and watch the news and agree with ISIS 100%. well guess what we don't.

Majority of Muslims don't agree with ISIS and their dumb extreme actions does affect us Muslims. We cant even get on buses or public transport without people looking at us in disgust or verbally abuse us and act like we are the ones who go blowing up people.

Even an American school nearby in Jeddah has got an ISIS threat just because its American and the population of the school is majority Muslim. Literally everyone hates our religion now and attacks it constantly.

So i ask you what can Muslims do apart from educate our Muslim community. its not like we can all hold hands and go to Syria and knock em all out.

Do you really think that if we knew someone who had terrorist ideologies we would just let them walk free, no because Muslims get killed too and at the end of the day its innocent human life that is killed whether a person is Muslim or not.

/rant over :getmecoat:

still too many
You could start by disassociating yourselves from the evils in your holy book in which these more radical Muslims act upon and condemn them at a fundamental level instead of just ignoring them by saying "Islam is the Religion of Peace", "They don't follow the Quran" and acting like they don't exist. The problem is that non of you are willing to accept that the Quran is filled with violence and evil, you aren't willing accept those things are there and make a conscious effort to get rid of them and adapt to Western Culture, merely being oblivious to them is not enough.
Original post by al_94
They are hoaxes anyway lol

OP you want an example of everything that's wrong with the Muslim community in this country (and Europe for that matter)?

Here you go.....

You want this expanded on? This guy's post history will do the trick.
(edited 8 years ago)
how did absdelaam hide for 3 monts and still went to the mosque, he was being sheltered ny normal Islamists
You seem to be in the wrong thread.

Sorry idk what happened
Original post by shawtyb
they help plenty and the way they do this is by not joining!!

Pathetic
You have not replied to any of the excellent suggestions you have received. Another one is to stop people like AyeshaKhan an Mil88 from trying to make Islam look out of touch and unrealistic, and to stop them reinforcing the view we receive of Islam.

Excuse me? It is not out of touch and unrealistic it is what is true but the media is only showing you terorism and thats what you perceive
Excuse me? It is not out of touch and unrealistic it is what is true but the media is only showing you terorism and thats what you perceive

None of my posts refer to terrorism; they all refer to Islam itself, the Koran, the hadith, and what Moslems can do.
None of my posts refer to terrorism; they all refer to Islam itself, the Koran, the hadith, and what Moslems can do.

please take a look at this http://alasan96.tumblr.com/post/58356692219/quran-vs-bible

that should explain it
Reply 74
How can you say that with no proof or evidence. Please look in the hadith

Original post by mil88
If they force them to become Muslim then that's incorrect ('There is no compulsion in religion').

This hadith was shared on TSR not long ago:

"The Prophet said: Command a boy to pray when he reaches the age of seven years. When he becomes ten years old, then beat him for prayer."

http://sunnah.com/abudawud/2/104
It also clearly says a lot of things that contradict that. And it is not a matter of what Moslems are commanded to do, but what they actually do. Few give their children any choice in such matters.

I would like evidence for the first statement.

Exactly, so how is the religion at fault!
Original post by Thomb
Why don't white christians do enough to put a stop to the KKK!

As a society we have completely ostracised groups like this and Combat 18 etc. We treat them with the total contempt they deserve. We recognised that their poison was something in our midst we had to work to banish. None of this "not me, boss. They're not white people" BS we hear all too often from Muslims.

As a society we have done a million times more to try to extinguish groups like KKK, Neo Nazis etc than the Muslim communities in Europe has done to flush out ISIS and other harmful extremists.....which is basically nothing but shifting blame, pretending it's got nothing to do with them and then calling everyone a bigot who questions this.

Edit: your post is actually a good example of the problem. Instead of thinking about what can be done to help our society deal with this issue, your instinct is whataboutery and deflection. Thanks for your contribution to our cause, friend.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Achaea
Stop pretending that Islamic State 'has nothing to do with Islam'

Stop pretending that any Muslims who commit acts of violence or terrorism are 'not real Muslims'

Stop pretending that Islam is only a religion of peace and love and tolerance and that people who kill in its name are not getting their justifications from Islamic scripture

Stop misquoting the quran and pretending that it says 'killing one person is like killing all of humanity'

Stop acting as though their main priority after every single act of terror or violence committed by Muslims is to shield Islam from any and all criticism

Stop worrying that the murder of human beings is going to 'make Islam look bad'

Stop pretending that acts of violence and terror committed by Muslims are 'false flag' operations and a Zionist/CIA/whatever conspiracy to 'make Islam look bad'

Stop wallowing in self-pity, victimhood and grievance and admit that there are problems within Islam and how some Muslims interpret it.

Excellent post
please take a look at this http://alasan96.tumblr.com/post/58356692219/quran-vs-bible

that should explain it

Again, it doesn't. Think before you post. If the Bible contains even more hatred than the Koran, why do you never see a Christian killing someone for burning a Bible, but you see lots of Moslems attacking supposed Koran damagers, apostates and blasphemers?
Are you personally doing anything to stop ISIS? If not, can you really judge other Muslims/people who aren't running up to them and telling them to stop?

Just yesterday I was in an assembly and there was a Muslim girl speaking about ISIS and Syria, so I don't know where people are hearing that 1.2 billion Muslims are sitting and doing nothing about it. No one is running into Syria and stopping it all like the Terminator because it's too dangerous. A lot of people from the age of 16 have gone over the years believing they'll help the fight, and we've lost record of all of them.

Quick Reply