The Student Room Group

A customer 'threatened' me today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gucci Mane.
Call the police over a grand total of £2?......:lol:

it wasn't even two pounds, it was showed zero pounds on his receipt because they didn't scan properly. he just didn't like the fact that it was on his receipt.
:ditto: Most of my rude customers are middle aged too. It's rarely the youngest or the eldest who cause trouble in my shop.:dontknow:
Original post by Impressive
Customer is always right. That's what I have been told.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you having a laugh?
Original post by Emma:-)
Are you having a laugh?

no
Original post by sabrina2929
It's so annoying when people walk into shops, restaurants or other public places acting like an entitled brat and treating staff like they have no feelings. I think it was good that you remained calm and called your colleague for help becuase then that means you would have had a witness. I think the best advice is to just ignore idiotic behavior, it says a lot about them if they act up in public

in the restaurant i used to work in one night a guy (in a white suit) was at the bar and got quite drunk and started getting trying to get handsy with one of the waitresses serving him so he walkout back, quite upset and told the boss what happens and he took her tray and told her to watch from the bar
he loaded the tray with about a bottle-worth of red cooking wine in glasses and walk pasted the bar before dropping the lot 'accidently' over his suit and well the suited guy got angry and turn he was about 6' 8'' and our boss was about 5' 10'' and the boss literally picked him over his shoulder and threw him out of the restaurant he never came back in the six months i was still working there
I work as a volunteer in a charity shop. 95% of the customers I serve and pleasant but a very small minority can be abusive, especially when I refuse to haggle with them (I am not allowed to do this).
Original post by Quamquam123
I work as a volunteer in a charity shop. 95% of the customers I serve and pleasant but a very small minority can be abusive, especially when I refuse to haggle with them (I am not allowed to do this).

I used to work in a charity shop. I hated it.
no

Put it this way. The customer is NOT always right, whatever people say.
Some customers in fact are completely wrong.
Original post by sherlockfan
It's a complicated story. He bought several of these cards which I think are for phone top ups, I'm not entirely sure how they work. On a couple of them there was an error, when I scanned them on the till they were marked 0 pounds even though they were labelled 99p. I told him this before he paid. He bought the others, but when the receipt printed the two cards that didn't work were marked on the receipt as 0 pounds.

Well, he flipped. At first he said he wanted the other two cards anyway, since they were on the receipt. I told him I couldn't do that because the cards were marked as 99p, and he hadn't paid for them. Then he said he was going to call the police and that he wanted them to arrest me. I rang for my colleague to come out. The customer them demanded a refund. Then he complained that I hadn't put the money in his hand. Threatened to call the police again. I said if he didn't leave the store I'd call the police myself. He said good, I should be arrested. Then he wanted to rebuy the cards. I let my colleague serve him and he eventually left.
Has anyone ever dealt with something like this before and what happened? My manager wasnt there.

Its a difficult one because 99p is zero pounds did it show as £0.00 or £0.99? if it did not scan you should of manually added £0.99 if you work in a small retail store. But if you asked him to leave and he refused to go that is tresspassing, and if he was shouting- that is threatening behavior towards you. I think aslong as you have the price clearly labelled on the product- so their is not a misleading description on the product you are abiding by the trade descriptions act. out of curiosity where do you work?
Put it this way. The customer is NOT always right, whatever people say.
Some customers in fact are completely wrong.

Okay emma.
Okay emma.

Its true.
If you have ever worked in retail you will understand.
Original post by sherlockfan
I used to work in a charity shop. I hated it.

Most charities lose 70% of donations in Admin fees
Its true.
If you have ever worked in retail you will understand.

Okay emma.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup, customers can go **** themselves in many situations as far as I'm concerned.

They often don't know what they're talking about and you have every right to refuse them service.
Original post by Donald J Trump
Its a difficult one because 99p is zero pounds did it show as £0.00 or £0.99? if it did not scan you should of manually added £0.99 if you work in a small retail store. But if you asked him to leave and he refused to go that is tresspassing, and if he was shouting- that is threatening behavior towards you. I think aslong as you have the price clearly labelled on the product- so their is not a misleading description on the product you are abiding by the trade descriptions act. out of curiosity where do you work?

No it showed as £0.00. He had not been charged for them. And they were clearly marked at 99p.
I'd rather not say for anonymity purposes.
Though come to think of it you could probably guess anyway by looking at another thread I posted lol.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest