The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Adult/Mental Health.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mssmuppet
We'll done 😄 Queens ur first choice then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but If I am not offered a place I will be quite happy to take Ulster too. It is just amazing knowing you already have one secure place and just waiting to see for the other one.
I am mature student too, how old are you?
I had my interview at Queens on 8th just when they started haha it is a long wait till May :biggrin:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 21
[QUOTE="mssmuppet;63661709"]I would have thought ud have a good chance if on the waiting list. Some people are bound to choose different uni's or not get the grades.
All the best for queens. Hope it goes well for u.
Is this ur second time applying? At my queens interview there was a lot of people who were there for the 3rd yr. It really scared me especially cuz I'm a mature student. Don't have time to waste lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
Second time for Queens and first time for Ulster. I said I would only apply once for each. So I might not go to Queens interview and just cancel! I already have over twelve years experience working throughout Belfast Trust, but I'm terrible in interviews and forget my life!lol. So I said I would do it once only and if I don't get in ill do something else and take a whole career change! Repeating it every year wont change how I am in interviews and I am a mature student as well so I am eager to learn new skills before the wrinkles set in!lol.
I'll be 28 when we start. Crazy i'll be in 30's before I even graduate. But hey ho I'm just happy to be given a chance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely go to your queens interview. It's a totally different process and u might be better with the scenarios. U obv have all the qualities if uv been working for thr trust that long. Totally worth the chance. And u still have a chance with ulster too so don't give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I'm 31 in April lol. I got offers for biomedical science and biology so if I don't get into nursing I am deciding it is not the correct path for me and start at the bottom again! I love my job though but have reached the peak of it and can do no more! I am not sure I could stay and work in care with no prospect of progressing as I have reached that time in my life where I want to learn and do more as I am more than ready and capable! But sure ill take it on the chin whatever happens!lol
Original post by dervv85
I'm 31 in April lol. I got offers for biomedical science and biology so if I don't get into nursing I am deciding it is not the correct path for me and start at the bottom again! I love my job though but have reached the peak of it and can do no more! I am not sure I could stay and work in care with no prospect of progressing as I have reached that time in my life where I want to learn and do more as I am more than ready and capable! But sure ill take it on the chin whatever happens!lol

Aw I really hope u get in if it's what u want. Totally deserved. I think if ur as old as we are u should automatically get a place 😂 Haha if only.

But that's fab that u have those offers. Biomedical science sounds pretty amazing too. What dates ur queens interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Aw I really hope u get in if it's what u want. Totally deserved. I think if ur as old as we are u should automatically get a place 😂 Haha if only.

But that's fab that u have those offers. Biomedical science sounds pretty amazing too. What dates ur queens interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4th April.
Reply 27
Could you guys confirm that we are gettignt he tuition fees paid and a bursary? I am an EU sudent and I don't quite get it how it works.
Yes nhs is still providing fees and bursary. Although I don't know how it works for anyone outside the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dervv85
4th April.

Goodluck. Hope it all goes well and sure let us know what u thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I think the last day of interviews was the 11th so they've definitely finished. We will hear back next week. so nervous

i cant seem to send you any more private messages if youd like to chat find me on facebook.
Original post by l.mc.g
i cant seem to send you any more private messages if youd like to chat find me on facebook.

Oh that's weird. I'm not using Facebook at the moment (in a bet with friends - long story lol). Did u find any more info on the stuff u were looking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eek received an offer for Magee adult nursing still waiting on hearing from queens also. Over the moon 😊 I'm also mature student. Hate that term. Feel so old 😂
Original post by Rockgirl2016
Eek received an offer for Magee adult nursing still waiting on hearing from queens also. Over the moon 😊 I'm also mature student. Hate that term. Feel so old 😂

Congrats 😊 Feels like such a long wait for queens, hate that its so long lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=mssmuppet;64058189]Congrats 😊 Feels like such a long wait for queens, hate that its so long lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt queens went better but over the moon to hear that I got into Magee. So many interviewed for queens tho.. Congrats 😊
Reply 35
did anyone get into queens yesterday?
Original post by dervv85
did anyone get into queens yesterday?

Yes I got offered adult February intake. how about u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Aw congrats! I withdrew my application so I did and didn't go! What uni r u goin to pick?
Original post by dervv85
Aw congrats! I withdrew my application so I did and didn't go! What uni r u goin to pick?

No way, can't believe u didn't go. What course have u decided to choose then? Iv picked queens, just down to location. That way I can still live at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Knew I wouldn't get in!lol. I picked biomedical but if I get offered ulster in Aug ill not hesitate in taking it! Don't want to really do biomed but taking it as a hint if I don't get into ulster!lol.

Quick Reply

Latest