The Student Room Group

Why is an easter egg haram?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tootles
Rebirth.

Not REbirth but Resurrection
Original post by gagafacea1
Why is celebrating easter Haram? Where does it say that in the Quran? Provide evidence please.

Well first of all, Why do Christians celebrate Easter?
Many Christians celebrate Easter on Sunday as the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection, which is written in the New Testament of the Christian bible.

So do we as Muslims believe that Prophet Jesus (A.S) died? Nope!
We believe that he was raised to Heaven without being put on the cross and that God transformed another person to appear exactly like Jesus (A.S) who was crucified instead of Jesus (A.S).

So it's obviously haram to celebrate Easter because we don't even believe that Jesus (A.S) died in the first place.
Original post by Howard
He can't have been born on December 25th. That's just ridiculously coincidental. I think the early Christian fathers just decided to say that Jesus was born on December 25th because it would be easy to remember as it's the same day as Christmas.

Original post by alkaline.
I thought Christmas WAS Jesus' birth so are you saying christmas was around before Christianity? What event was Christmas before it was labelled his birth (that it would be easy to remember) ?

I'm confused.

We celebrate CHRISTMAS because it's about Jesus birth -.-
Original post by Foo.mp3
You posted/said the thing you were quoting, aye. This does not mean you necessarily hold those views yourself but the way you presented it made it sound like a fairly firm proclamation either way. Are you now saying you reject these views?

Sure, sure..

Feel free to provide examples

Way to close down criticism of Islam, by threatening people. We will not be cowed by threats amigo, we will never submit to retrograde ideologies and bully boys who hide behind keyboards :yy:

Heh, dunno what kinda Easter Eggs you've been eating fam:mute:

Lol stop trying to impose view by your stupid use of language. Where did I mention my views on it? I pointed out how u tried to manipulate comments which we made by taking them out of context and implying we specifically said them things. No I quoted, I didn't say that I never structured them words and put forward them statements I just quoted them for perspective for the people I was having a discussion with. And so what if I do believe in it, what is that to you? You are trying to ridicule people for not believing that they should take part in buying Easter eggs? Why do you seem to have a problem with people not buying chocolate shaped eggs?
If I don't feel that it is okay for me to take part in a Christian festival by buying symbolic items then so what? It's reasonable and has logic so I don't get your problem.
Original post by PlayerBB
Not REbirth but Resurrection
I know. I was just emphasizing what had been misquoted.
Reply 85
Original post by FluffyCherry

God transformed another person to appear exactly like Jesus (A.S) who was crucified instead of Jesus (A.S).

This is simply vomit worthy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tootles
I know. I was just emphasizing what had been misquoted.

Oh sorry :colondollar:
Reply 87
Original post by PlayerBB
We celebrate CHRISTMAS because it's about Jesus birth -.-

I know. I was just out for a Sunday morning troll!
Original post by Howard
We don't give a toss what you believe.

It's Easter Sunday - the holiest day in the Christian calendar. Can we Christians not have just ONE day without a Muslim like you butting in and telling us what your religion teaches?

Was I even talking to you?
Someone just asked me why is it haram to celebrate Easter so I answered her back? What the hell is your problem?
Original post by Howard
I know. I was just out for a Sunday morning troll!

Oh! :smile:
Original post by Nettled
A quick google search shows that Tootles is in fact in Peter Pan :awesome:

So why did he refer to Avatar then?
Original post by Foo.mp3
No idea which post you're referring to, sorry (you wouldn't be the first/won't be the last person to try to troll me)

What has my age got to do with anything?

As above champ_mc99 :yy:

For the second time: Are you now saying you reject these views?

Depends where you're based and the extent to which that sort of divisive attitude pervades other areas of your psyche/life

Yeah, divisive... Of course. By not buying a chocolate shaped egg because of this symbolic relevance. How about you gently take your pretty head out of your delicate bottom and stop being a silly boy, okay?? Thanks
Original post by Anonymoùs
So why did he refer to Avatar then?

He was referring to that square picture to your right. You might refer to it as diplay picture (dp)? Idk it has quite a few different names.
Original post by Nettled
He was referring to that square picture to your right. You might refer to it as diplay picture (dp)? Idk it has quite a few different names.

Well Im posting as a guest so I cannot actually have one. Cant be arsed to sign up just for that.
Well Im posting as a guest so I cannot actually have one. Cant be arsed to sign up just for that.

Ooh I never knew you could be a guest on here. Can you still send PM's? Signing up doesn't take too long although the TSR emails are quite annoying. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere but I'm too lazy to change it.
Original post by Nettled
Ooh I never knew you could be a guest on here. Can you still send PM's? Signing up doesn't take too long although the TSR emails are quite annoying. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere but I'm too lazy to change it.

Not sure I never tried.

There should be a universal account which you could use on all forums. Would be handy.
Not sure I never tried.

There should be a universal account which you could use on all forums. Would be handy.

I only use this forum. Which other ones do you use?
Original post by Foo.mp3
For the third time: Are you now saying you reject these views?

for the 500th time: Where have i mentioned my views? i literally said in the other comment about how i pointed out your stupid use of language to suggest we are implying something which we aren't.
I never said i accepted those views in the first place so why say "now" implying that i mentioned something previously. I'm purposefully not answering you because of your manipulative language.
Your friend is funny :biggrin:
Original post by Nettled
I only use this forum. Which other ones do you use?

My most frequented forums would be:

stargazers lounge
cat sanctuary club
student room (obv)
reddit
plenty of fishing
lots of joke

plus a few foren language ones too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending