The Student Room Group

Fascists March in Brussels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vennec
Who are you referring to?

You. And everybody else who doesn't agree with them. I believe that's how it works.
Reply 61
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
No joke the people on this thread are the sort of people who would describe themselves as 'progressive liberals' and would attempt to shut down any opinion which doesn't exactly align with their own. This thread has been a waste.

I'm do not describe myself as a progressive liberal at all my heart goes out to all people who are brainwashed fundamentalists like you.
Original post by Thomb
You and everyone else knows that ISIS is a fundamentalist group and as prejudiced as you are one and the same thing.

How do you know these things? What prejudice have I shown?
Original post by Thomb
I'm do not describe myself as a progressive liberal at all my heart goes out to all people who are brainwashed fundamentalists like you.

Why do you keep describing me as a fundamentalist? Do you know what it means?

Out of interest, how would you describe yourself?
Reply 64
Original post by Vennec
Who are you referring to?

People who sympathise with nazis and won't give up defending their right to protest.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Quick to monopolise on the tragedy, neo-Nazis stage an "anti-ISIL march", but were thankfully pushed out by police with water cannons

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/12205225/Brussels-terror-attacks-nuclear-arrests-suspects-isil-latest.html

Any comment fascists??

It's entirely possible that a lot of these people are neo-nazis. I've no idea, I honestly don't care enough to research the matter. And I don't care enough cause it's utterly moot. This seems to be basis for an argument along the lines of 'Neo-nazis oppose open-door immigration, therefore anyone who opposes open-door immigration is a nazi'. I'd like to think I don't have to explain the inherent lunacy of such an argument.I'd also say that even if they are neo-nazis, that doesn't serve as a rebuttal to their views on immigration. 'Neo-nazis think immigration is bad, therefore it must be good' is a similarly fallacious argument. So I'd be interested to know what the actual purpose of the thread is tbh.

Also, as a note to the op, I think i've come across you a couple times earlier today. And you seem to have rather suddenly left a couple of conversations upon being presented with some facts. Feel free to respond to any of my prior points also :smile:
Reply 66
Why do you keep describing me as a fundamentalist? Do you know what it means?

Out of interest, how would you describe yourself?

Well what are your political and religious beliefs?
Reply 67
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
It's entirely possible that a lot of these people are neo-nazis. I've no idea, I honestly don't care enough to research the matter. And I don't care enough cause it's utterly moot. This seems to be basis for an argument along the lines of 'Neo-nazis oppose open-door immigration, therefore anyone who opposes open-door immigration is a nazi'. I'd like to think I don't have to explain the inherent lunacy of such an argument.I'd also say that even if they are neo-nazis, that doesn't serve as a rebuttal to their views on immigration. 'Neo-nazis think immigration is bad, therefore it must be good' is a similarly fallacious argument. So I'd be interested to know what the actual purpose of the thread is tbh.

Also, as a note to the op, I think i've come across you a couple times earlier today. And you seem to have rather suddenly left a couple of conversations upon being presented with some facts. Feel free to respond to any of my prior points also :smile:

Look their is a growing rise in right wing extremism against muslims on TSR/
It has always baffled me, this weird alliance between some on the left and Islam. Some of them would happily trample all over womens' rights, for example, just to defend it. It's very strange.

Many leftists have an underlying puritanical streak, so they harbour sympathies for Islam.
Original post by Thomb
Well what are your political and religious beliefs?

Well for religious beliefs, I have none. I have no idea if God exists. As for political views, I would say conservative. Now you?
Reply 70
No joke the people on this thread are the sort of people who would describe themselves as 'progressive liberals' and would attempt to shut down any opinion which doesn't exactly align with their own. This thread has been a waste.

They do this routinely. These are the types of people that run the pathetic NUS and shut down any debate with their no-platform strategies.

If you don't see eye to eye with these people they will try and shut you down with shouts of "Neo Nazi" and "Fascist". They may think of themselves as liberal progressives but they are actually a far bigger threat to civil liberty than any of these so-called "Neo Nazis" in Belgium.
Original post by Thomb

"Extremists", the left-wing word for "most ordinary people."
Reply 72
Well for religious beliefs, I have none. I have no idea if God exists. As for political views, I would say conservative. Now you?

I'm an atheist and apolitical. I am however against nazis.
Reply 73
Original post by Thomb

You're the brainwashed one here my friend. You're a fanatic.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek

I don't "suddenly leave when presented with facts" - I ignore people who there is no point arguing with. I won't waste my time debating racists etc.
Reply 75
Original post by Howard
You're the brainwashed one here my friend. You're a fanatic.

ok fair enough I'm the brainwashed fanatic but at least I don't sympathise with nazis.
Original post by Thomb

Is this a suggestion that I'm a right wing extremist and islamophobic? Well for starters, my political allegiance is pretty moderate right I'd say, I think the most right wing views I have are economic rather than social or international. I'm certainly no nationalist, and I'm certainly not islamophobic. I have issues with Islam, yes, just as much as I have with any other religions. I think all religions fundamentally cause suffering, it just happens that at this present time Islam is the biggest threat.

I'd be interested to know how you made the assumptions I'm either far right, or islamophobic?
Could you please explain, with evidence, why you are describing these people as 'neo-nazis' and 'fascists'. Because I looked at the article you gave, and see nothing of the sort.

Half my rep is for your comment. Half is for the picture in your signature....
Original post by Multiculturalism
I don't "suddenly leave when presented with facts" - I ignore people who there is no point arguing with. I won't waste my time debating racists etc.

If you could quote one racist comment that I've made, I'd be grateful. Anything at all that I've said, which suggests that I think less of people who aren't white european?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Half my rep is for your comment. Half is for the picture in your signature....

The change we need :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending