The Student Room Group

Why is an easter egg haram?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
For the third time: Are you now saying you reject these views?

The irony in him attacking you for misrepresenting his views then refusing to distance himself from those views.

Original post by Nettled
Ooh I never knew you could be a guest on here.

You can't (post as a guest). Why are you so gullible?
(edited 8 years ago)
[scrollr]NOT EVERYTHING is HARAM[/scrollr]
GOSH:colonhash:
Never had an Easter egg I feel fat just looking at one
Original post by FluffyCherry
Well first of all, Why do Christians celebrate Easter?
Many Christians celebrate Easter on Sunday as the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection, which is written in the New Testament of the Christian bible.

So do we as Muslims believe that Prophet Jesus (A.S) died? Nope!
We believe that he was raised to Heaven without being put on the cross and that God transformed another person to appear exactly like Jesus (A.S) who was crucified instead of Jesus (A.S).

So it's obviously haram to celebrate Easter because we don't even believe that Jesus (A.S) died in the first place.

That's nice and all, but you still haven't supplied me with something tangible. God is real, and his words are what's important, not yours! Therefore, until you give me his words, i.e. a verse from the Quran, that forbids muslims from celebrating other people's holidays; I cannot agree with or condone your fatwas. :smile:
Original post by PlayerBB
No Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and Easter is about the death of Jesus on the cross and his arisen 3 days later

Original post by Foo.mp3
As above champ_mc99 :yy:

Ahh right cool. But the thing about Jesus being born in Spring was a decent explanation.
Where do the eggs and bunnies come in or are they some random man-made characters to make the festival more lively like Santa?
Original post by gagafacea1
That's nice and all, but you still haven't supplied me with something tangible. God is real, and his words are what's important, not yours! Therefore, until you give me his words, i.e. a verse from the Quran, that forbids muslims from celebrating other people's holidays; I cannot agree with or condone your fatwas. :smile:

Wow, are you for real though?
Like I just made it SO CLEAR to why we don't celebrate Easter and now you're like show me a verse?
You're definitely a troll!! :colonhash:
Original post by gagafacea1

Are you looking for an exact verse in the quran that says 'don't celebrate easter it's haram?' Celebrating the resurrection of a man who is also believed to be God himself is a major shirk. A 3 years old can put that together.
LOOOOL PLEASE.

I'm Muslim, easter eggs are just chocolates, unless you gave it to your mate by saying "Happy Easter" then okay its understandable.
Or maybe because the easter egg you gave had gelatine in it?

Overall, easter eggs are not haraam, and can be eaten LOL.
Original post by Mentally
Are you looking for an exact verse in the quran that says 'don't celebrate easter it's haram?' Celebrating the resurrection of a man who is also believed to be God himself is a major shirk. A 3 years old can put that together.

Exactly..

I just don't know why he's struggling to comprehend what I just said ..
Original post by GreenNinjaa
LOOOOL PLEASE.

I'm Muslim, easter eggs are just chocolates, unless you gave it to your mate by saying "Happy Easter" then okay its understandable.
Or maybe because the easter egg you gave had gelatine in it?

Overall, easter eggs are not haraam, and can be eaten LOL.

Just because someone wishes you a good Easter, doesn't mean you are being Haram.

If during Ramadan someone encouraged you during your fast, even though they're not Muslim it wouldn't make them any less genuine.
Well Easter is a christian holiday and the eggs are a pagan tradition (norse I believe). That might be why, I don't know of anyone that is that strict about it.
Do non-Muslims really spend their time hanging out in the Islam society waiting to find something that offends them?? lmfao
your friend was probably playing you lmao
Is sex before marriage haram because I know loads of Musllim girls who are sexually active.
Original post by champ_mc99
Ahh right cool. But the thing about Jesus being born in Spring was a decent explanation.
Where do the eggs and bunnies come in or are they some random man-made characters to make the festival more lively like Santa?

as @Foo.mp3 said, the easter eggs represent the tomb from where our Lord Jesus has arisen from. Some people use color eggs, others use chocolate eggs, and there is bunny decorations, this is all about tradition and decorations. In Christmas, Santa decorations are used, because the saint Santa used to distribute gifts for children in every Christmas in the past so they made some decorations about him
Original post by karl pilkington
Is sex before marriage haram because I know loads of Musllim girls who are sexually active.

Yeah, It's even haram in Christianity but you'll find many Christians who have sex before marriage
Original post by FluffyCherry
Wow, are you for real though?
Like I just made it SO CLEAR to why we don't celebrate Easter and now you're like show me a verse?
You're definitely a troll!! :colonhash:

Original post by Mentally

Okay but you don't have to believe in all of that to celebrate easter, christmas, or any other holiday. Putting up a tree on Christmas or hiding eggs on easter doesn't mean you believe that Jesus was crucified, there is no correlation.
Original post by PlayerBB
as @Foo.mp3 said, the easter eggs represent the tomb from where our Lord Jesus has arisen from. Some people use color eggs, others use chocolate eggs, and there is bunny decorations, this is all about tradition and decorations. In Christmas, Santa decorations are used, because the saint Santa used to distribute gifts for children in every Christmas in the past so they made some decorations about him

Oooh I didn't know you were christian - that's pretty cool :h:
Original post by Student403
Oooh I didn't know you were christian - that's pretty cool :h:

A lot of people don't haha :tongue: - And thank you :h::h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending