The Student Room Group

Mum of Eight Facing Eviction

Single mum-of-eight Marie Buchan is facing eviction from her new home after being taken to court over £4,000 in unpaid rentBut the 33-year-old has blamed the government’s benefits cap for her situation, saying she cannot cope on the maximum annual £20,000 hand-outs.

Thoughts?

Personally i dont understand why she is complaining about benefit cuts, she has 8 children and has basically ruined the lives of 8 kids. In addition i hate people who think they have a ENTITLEMENT to tax payers money. The tax payer did not ask you too have 8 kids and why exactly do you have 8 kids when you cant even get a job.Also she claims she works 21 hour days looking after the kids, so cant work. Another excuse to add to her pathetic trail.

I feel no sympathy for her, it was her choice to have kids, 1 is understandable as circumstances change 2 is also fine. But having EIGHT when you never had a job is the kind of scum which needs to be punished. Her eviction should teach her a lesson, otherwise number 9 will also be on the tax payer.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I agree, but what happens to the children then? The actions of their mother shouldn't be the kids' cross to bear.
She popped the little ****ers out
Original post by spv
I agree, but what happens to the children then? The actions of their mother shouldn't be the kids' cross to bear.

Sell them for medical experiments.
Original post by spv

Well like i said, the mother has ruined the lives of 8 kids. However i could see them being taken into state custody (social services) and being separated. Very unfortunate and selfish to bring kids into the world when you cannot financially support them. Personally i think she has had them just to get the benefits i see no other logical explanation as why you would have 8 kids when you have no financial stability.
But what does this have to do with Islam?
No sympathy.

What does she think kids are - pokemon? is she trying to collect all 150 of them?
Reply 7
Original post by TSRFT8
Well like i said, the mother has ruined the lives of 8 kids. However i could see them being taken into state custody (social services) and being separated. Very unfortunate and selfish to bring kids into the world when you cannot financially support them. Personally i think she has had them just to get the benefits i see no other logical explanation as why you would have 8 kids when you have no financial stability.

The sins of the father should not be visited unto the son.

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father.

To punish the child for the actions of the parent is disgusting. The children have done nothing wrong. They should remain together and live with their mother. The children should be cared for.

Your solution is to allow children to be neglected because you won't allow their parents enough money to properly take care of them.

The reason their mother had those children is utterly irrelevant. They have been born and therefore they need properly caring for. That means that their mother needs enough money to do so.

In London, £20,000 would scarcely cover the rent on a two bedroom house.

There is a massive shortage of foster carers in the UK. Forcing large, poor families to put their children into care is utterly unrealistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
To punish the child for the actions of the parent is disgusting. The children have done nothing wrong. They should remain together and live with their mother. The children should be cared for.

Your solution is to allow children to be neglected because you won't allow their parents enough money to properly take care of them.

The reason their mother had those children is utterly irrelevant. They have been born and therefore they need properly caring for. That means that their mother needs enough money to do so.

There is a massive shortage of foster carers in the UK. Forcing large, poor families to put their children into care is utterly unrealistic.

The people with your views are the ones who are paying little to no tax and therefore just dont care. Your point is actually comical that we should let others like her open her legs and breed like their is no tomorrow and expect tax payers to pay with their earnt money. In addition this isnt in London it is in Birmingham, so that sob story isnt going to wash. Furthermore no one is forcing "poor" families, this lady is just scrounging on benefits and has done several interviews saying she doesnt need to work and she gets enough from the welfare state.

To say that the tax payers should keep funding this parasite is quite comical as the kids would receive much better care and quality of life if their useless mother was taken out of the equation. And no the reason why their mother has so many kids is NOT irrelevant as otherwise whats stopping every woman on the planet having 10 kids and putting their hands out to the government to give them some more money.
Poor people are just easy targets. Media (and you) mistakenly think that benefits are freely given out to workshy dishonest buzzards who just spend it on drink, drugs and partying. Far from the truth. Yes, I acknowledge there will be some who will milk the system but such people are really quantitatively irrelevant.

If benefits enables the poor and the stupids to live in a lesser subpar setting I'm happily supporting it.
Original post by TaintedLight
Poor people are just easy targets. Media (and you) mistakenly think that benefits are freely given out to workshy dishonest buzzards who just spend it on drink, drugs and partying. Far from the truth. Yes, I acknowledge there will be some who will milk the system but such people are really quantitatively irrelevant.

If benefits enables the poor and the stupids to live in a lesser subpar setting I'm happily supporting it.

Again, no one is attacking the poor. I dont understand your argument it has nothing to do with this lady CHOOSING to have 8 children when she cant afford them. Im not mistaken, i know she is is a "workshy dishonest buzzard" who chose the life she is living. I find it repulsive how she is making her kids suffer for her stupidity. I think before you jump to conclusion you should probably read what the thread is about.
Original post by TSRFT8
Again, no one is attacking the poor. I dont understand your argument it has nothing to do with this lady CHOOSING to have 8 children when she cant afford them. Im not mistaken, i know she is is a "workshy dishonest buzzard" who chose the life she is living. I find it repulsive how she is making her kids suffer for her stupidity. I think before you jump to conclusion you should probably read what the thread is about.

Calm down. She is not in any means well off either. I'm gonna continue to assume she is poor and lack the required literacy levels to look after herself.

For all I care, she could have been raped or is raising a disabled child or had a failed relationship built on some melodrama. It doesn't make a difference.

rather people be just stupid than stupid and poor.
Original post by TaintedLight
Calm down. She is not in any means well off either. I'm gonna continue to assume she is poor and lack the required literacy levels to look after herself.

For all I care, she could have been raped or is raising a disabled child or had a failed relationship built on some melodrama. It doesn't make a difference.

rather people be just stupid than stupid and poor.

No she isnt but she is destroying kids lives for the sake of the free money. You are probably again one of those people who pay no tax or on the lower tax bands and therefore it makes no difference to you. Dont be so stupid i dont think she was raped 8 different times, neither is she raising 8 disabled kids and if she was its all the more the reason to NOT have anymore than you can afford, and it says in the article they have different fathers. It does make a difference as you are implying people should be allowed to scrounge benefits whilst others work for them. Communism <
Original post by TSRFT8
Single mum-of-eight Marie Buchan is facing eviction from her new home after being taken to court over £4,000 in unpaid rentBut the 33-year-old has blamed the government’s benefits cap for her situation, saying she cannot cope on the maximum annual £20,000 hand-outs.

Thoughts?

Personally i dont understand why she is complaining about benefit cuts, she has 8 children and has basically ruined the lives of 8 kids. In addition i hate people who think they have a ENTITLEMENT to tax payers money. The tax payer did not ask you too have 8 kids and why exactly do you have 8 kids when you cant even get a job.Also she claims she works 21 hour days looking after the kids, so cant work. Another excuse to add to her pathetic trail.

I feel no sympathy for her, it was her choice to have kids, 1 is understandable as circumstances change 2 is also fine. But having EIGHT when you never had a job is the kind of scum which needs to be punished. Her eviction should teach her a lesson, otherwise number 9 will also be on the tax payer.

If its the Lady with the mixed race kids- I have an idea of what has happened, she had 8 Kids and the Dad to the children ran away and has not provided any financial support. I personally would have put the children into adoption, this way the children would have been brought up with families with better fiscal health then a single mom. She should be forced to do some temping if she has no experience. I also think the Father of the children should be held to account and foot atleast half of that £20,000 bill. You don't have kids with someone, then run off and offer no financial support. But i think adoption will be the best case for the children as they will go to families who can actually afford them and it cuts the welfare bill, all be it very slightly
Original post by Katty3
The sins of the father should not be visited unto the son.

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what do you propose?
I don't feel sympathy for HER but her kids don't deserve eviction or being put into care :s-smilie:
Original post by Blondie987
I don't feel sympathy for HER but her kids don't deserve eviction or being put into care :s-smilie:

No 100% but in all honesty i think her kids would be miles better off in care atleast they will be away from the parasite. Its absolutely disgusting how she has had kid after kid KNOWING she cant afford to look after them. Who knows how many more scum are like are breeding and rinsing the welfare state.
Original post by TSRFT8

I couldn't agree with you more.

Childbirth is a privilege, not a right. Why would she have so many children that she can't afford to look after without resorting to state hand-outs? Disgusting.
Original post by Christ Redeems
I couldn't agree with you more.

Childbirth is a privilege, not a right. Why would she have so many children that she can't afford to look after without resorting to state hand-outs? Disgusting.

I think if the families financial circumstances changed then yes they should get help, but if you are popping out kids KNOWING you cant afford them is ridiculous. I think it is horrendous how many people know they cant afford to have a kid yet have one and just expect the tax payer to look after them.
Original post by TSRFT8
I think if the families financial circumstances changed then yes they should get help, but if you are popping out kids KNOWING you cant afford them is ridiculous. I think it is horrendous how many people know they cant afford to have a kid yet have one and just expect the tax payer to look after them.

Agreed, again. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest