The Student Room Group

Are Americans justified for hating Emily Blunt?

Actress draws conservative ire for saying taking American citizenship may have been a 'terrible mistake'

Emily Blunt has said she regretted becoming an American citizen after watching last month's*Republican presidential debate.

Some Americans have already expressed outrage over Blunt's comments, with Republicans being particularly offended.

Conservative radio host Tammy Bruce said that Blunt should renounce her newly-gained US citizenship.

Anna Kooiman, a host on the conservative Fox News network, suggested that Blunt leave the country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11867442/Emily-Blunt-regretted-becoming-US-citizen-after-Republican-presidential-debate.html

Scroll to see replies

Who is emily blunt and why should I care what she thinks?
(edited 8 years ago)
"I had to renounce my Queen"

That's the problem with "freedom of speech", it's all cool until someone else voices an different opinion to yours. I think she has the right to say that her American citizenship may have been a "terrible" mistake, it's not them (Fox and Friends) who had to go through the right channels to get it.

As long as she can explain why she thinks her American citizenship maybe a "terrible" mistake and the reason has any logic to it, I don't think anyone has the to right hate on her for no reason.
Reply 4
Trump supporters by any chance? :tongue:

So bigoted people are 'outraged' by a harmless joke.

Not really surprising. :wink:
is she like important ?? :dontknow:
Original post by stefano865
Trump supporters by any chance? :tongue:

So bigoted people are 'outraged' by a harmless joke.

Not really surprising. :wink:

Lol its true. But they couldn't be sure that she was joking though and if she wasn't it'll definitely come across as ungrateful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Venetian Snares
Who is emily blunt and why should I care what she thinks?

She's a British actress and on comments of upcoming movies shes going to be in there's comments like "go back to backwater Britian"
Original post by the bear
is she like important ?? :dontknow:

Her boobs are.
Reply 9
Mrs Blunt uses her freedom of speech to say she regrets becoming an American citizen.

Someone else uses their freedom of speech to say they're offended.

Someone else uses their freedom of speech to say she should leave the country.

Well that was an interesting story.
Reply 10
She is partly responsible for Lip Sync Battle.
Original post by pjm600
Mrs Blunt uses her freedom of speech to say she regrets becoming an American citizen.

Someone else uses their freedom of speech to say they're offended.

Someone else uses their freedom of speech to say she should leave the country.

Well that was an interesting story.

Americans are planning to boycott her movies.
Reply 12
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Americans are planning to boycott her movies.

What My Little Pony? I'm not sure they're be watching Fox news.
Yes and she isn't welcome back after renouncing the queen :gasp:
Never even heard of her lol
Original post by pjm600
What My Little Pony? I'm not sure they're be watching Fox news.

Shes in the new snow white movie as the ice Queen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickLCFC
Yes and she isn't welcome back after renouncing the queen :gasp:

Ikr she shouldn't have done that. She should go to Canada and be a refugee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cosmicstarbeast
That's the problem with "freedom of speech", it's all cool until someone else voices an different opinion to yours. I think she has the right to say that her American citizenship may have been a "terrible" mistake, it's not them (Fox and Friends) who had to go through the right channels to get it.

As long as she can explain why she thinks her American citizenship maybe a "terrible" mistake and the reason has any logic to it, I don't think anyone has the to right hate on her for no reason.

I agree with you up to the part about "has the right". I really don't understand what people mean when they say that. The point is that everyone can and should be able to say what they like.
Original post by KingBradly
I agree with you up to the part about "has the right". I really don't understand what people mean when they say that. The point is that everyone can and should be able to say what they like.

I agree that everyone has the right criticize what they want, but they need logical reasoning to do so. I read into some of the articles about this situation and it seems that groups like F and F are just huffing and puffing for no go reason.

If you can find me an article with good reasoning from their side, I'll admit I made a mistake.
Reply 19
Why would anyone bother? Ridiculous immigration laws for such a crap country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending