The Student Room Group

Why do people think Muslim's don't do enough against ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by shawtyb
@mkap think this thread was calling for arguments lol

tell me about it :lol:
Original post by mkap
tell me about it :lol:

Seeing as you're back, are you actually going to bother to respond to any of the points made? If you're not interested in people's opinions and ideas, why start the thread?
Original post by OneTwoRangi
Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.”

Only muslims would be sacrosanct, and the "right kind" of muslims at that.

Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . .

So someone said something to one of their armies, great. So does that mean EVERYTHING said to ANY armies also counts, because you don't wanna start pulling at that thread!
Original post by Achaea
Seeing as you're back, are you actually going to bother to respond to any of the points made? If you're not interested in people's opinions and ideas, why start the thread?

to read the comments to gain a greater understanding of peoples thoughts and views on said topic.
Original post by shawtyb
to read the comments to gain a greater understanding of peoples thoughts and views on said topic.

Thanks for responding on mkap's behalf. Funnily enough, I assumed she could speak for herself.
Original post by Achaea
Thanks for responding on mkap's behalf. Funnily enough, I assumed she could speak for herself.

i saved her a job she probably didnt want to do
Original post by shawtyb
i saved her a job she probably didnt want to do

How remarkably kind and thoughtful you must be.
Original post by mil88
Ha! That's interesting, why are you raising the issue of its morality? Correct me if I am wrong, but morality is subjective isn't? For atheists (if you aren't then inform me), you cannot criticize someone else's morality as you believe it's subjective.

Also, I would like evidence for your claims made, if that's not too much to ask.

Can you explain where you got this bizarre idea that 'atheists cannot criticise someone else's morality'?
Reply 108
Original post by The Genghis Khan
how did absdelaam hide for 3 monts and still went to the mosque, he was being sheltered ny normal Islamists

Four months.

Original post by OneTwoRangi
The Muslim people/citizens aren't at fault, these governments are. I don't understand why everyone seems to think these Muslims are Martin Luther King characters just sitting around doing nothing. Have any of these US leaders or Christians done anything to stop the KKK? Would it be correct to assume that the KKK represents the Christian belief? So why on earth is ISIS the responsibility of regular Muslim people?

The KKK has been stopped. Precisely.
Wasn't it on the news that they're still thriving and hiring blacks?
I agree with you OP except I would have to say that the number of Muslims that hold favourable opinions of ISIS is quite alarming. For example a poll carried out by Pew Research:

Admittedly, it is a small percentage of people that hold favourable views towards ISIS, but when you break down the numbers:

(6.5 million * 0.03) = 19500 (Jordan)
(~1.7 million * 0.06) = 102,000 (Palestine)
(250 million * 0.04) = 10,000,000 (Indonesia)
(75 million * 0.08) = 6,000,000 (Turkey)
(173 million * 0.14) = 24,220,000 (Nigeria)
(17 million * 0.08) = 1,360,000 (Burkina Faso)
(30 million * 0.11) = 3,300,000 (Malaysia)
(14 million * 0.11) = 1,540,000 (Senegal)
(182 million * 0.09) = 16,380,000 (Pakistan)

It comes out at 62,921,500 ISIS 'supporters' from this selection of 12 countries as well as a huge amount of people that 'don't know'. Bare in mind this is just a poll from 12 countries and I would say there is worrying number of Muslims that have a favourable views towards ISIS.
Before you question this poll, read this:

Spoiler

Original post by Josb
The KKK has almost disappeared. Stupid comparison.

Yet black lives matter became a thing? I wonder how.....
Original post by luminarychild

Are you suggesting that the black lives matter movement was created because of the KKK?
Original post by NickLCFC
Are you suggesting that the black lives matter movement was created because of the KKK?

No but people who share the same racist views, and these views were heavily influenced onto american society by the KKK
Original post by luminarychild

The Black Lives Matter is a fraudulent and racist movement created by a cop-killer who is on the FBI's most wanted list.

Mike Brown was a wannabe gangster and the cop was acting in self defence.

Sure racial profiling and prejudice exists within the US police force, but not to the the extent the BLM group are projecting.
Original post by Dodgypirate
The Black Lives Matter is a fraudulent and racist movement created by a cop-killer who is on the FBI's most wanted list.

Mike Brown was a wannabe gangster and the cop was acting in self defence.

Sure racial profiling and prejudice exists within the US police force, but not to the the extent the BLM group are projecting.

hmmm

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/video-cops-tasering-handcuffed-man-20-times/
Original post by brijmohan3
So many extreme beliefs here...

Honestly, I'm not into this stuff as much as most people... so what I'm about to say may already happen (I'll give accounts of where I have heard/seen this happen if at all) or is completely ridicule... Needless to say... many of these points are NOT ONLY responsibilities of Muslims... but anyone and everyone who comes into contact with the Islam faith at any point of contact.

1) Start off by making sure the teachers of Islam... be it parents, Immans or whoever is preaching... actually states the facts of Islam and not opinions... from my studies of the Qu'ran... facts need to be put into place BEFORE opinions are expressed... For people new to the Qu'ran or new readers in general... pick up the Qu'ran (as did I) and start reading it (a translated version of course)... the first few sections just made me think how god darn racist Islam really is... speaking to a Muslim friend of mine I found out what those sections were MEANT to be... stories since before Muhammad... the problem is that it is not explicit to those who have not been taught the facts correctly... what these sections are meant to be.

2) Ensure that those who are learning about Islam... are taught PROPERLY... that does NOT mean that you have to teach them all of Islam... but explain to them the entire concept they are learning about in as much or as little detail as is needed to understand exactly why Islam does/says/is the way it is for that particular concept... an example... guys getting a greater share of their parent's wealth than women... the modern world can disagree with it all they want... with how sexist it is blah blah... but there is a very good reason behind it... and I'll leave it for supposed Muslims to explain if anybody asks...

3) People need to understand that whilst ISIS does stem from Islam... it is by no means promoted by Islam in any which way... rather, ISIS is created by the incompetence of the people who join ISIS to understand Islam properly... and, if I dare say... the teachers of Islam to teach properly... A lot of words and phrases are twisted around to make it seem like Allah wants Muslims to kill other people... it is not the religion's fault for being misinterpreted... but rather the people reading it...

4) To further add to 3)... the fact that the world hates on Islam and Muslims... makes the haters an equal if not a greater culprit for ISIS' existence... the cycle... Muslim kid gets harassed and bullied for being Muslim, Muslim kid does not fully understand his religion and doesn't really have a place to go to understand it... Muslim kid gets harassed even more... Muslim kid grows up and sees the world hating on Muslims... Muslim adult gets approached by ISIS and is promised a better life with payback on all those haters... Muslim adult gets wooed (kind of lol) by ISIS because they have seen nothing but hatred from all other people... and are incapable of understanding what is right/wrong... Muslim adult commits a terrorist's act and feels like they've achieved their life's goal... world hates on Muslims even more... new Muslim kid is born and is harassed and bullied for being Muslim

You're just great !! Thank you for that....:jumphug:
Original post by elforjg02
You're just great !! Thank you for that....:jumphug:

Arigato... although I'm not really sure why you're saying thanks >.<

Forgive me for my ignorance! I'll take the hug though 8-)
Reply 118
Original post by NickLCFC

(75 million * 0.08) = 6,000,000 (Turkey)

They're going to have free visas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending