The Student Room Group

Fascists March in Brussels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
If I had the answer to that I'd probably be given a knighthood and a position in the Cabinet :tongue: It'd be pretty lengthy, to give my entire views on the issues surrounding the middle east, but in brief I think we've got to prioritise. The first priority should be weeding out those who are economic migrants rather than refugees. So I think we should issue papers (naturally forge-proof like our banknotes are) to those who appear on europe's borders as legitimate refugees giving them the right to stay as asylum seekers. Anyone who is found in europe without these papers would be deported, in a bid to deter people from being smuggled into the EU. Similarly, anyone already in Europe who couldn't prove there legitimacy as an asylum seeker would be deported. I'd also give the secret services - on a temporary basis - much broader powers to undergo surveillance operations without warrants. Further, I'd temporarily bring back border controls on every European country to give further knowledge of who is where in Europe.

Then the next step would be to commit serious resources to building proper refugee shelters in countries like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jordan, Lebanon and the like. And given the privileges these countries enjoy from the West, I'd make our aid conditional on their accepting refugees. I'd also commit boots on the ground to deal with IS. As much as there is little appetite for another ground offensive in the middle east, the fact is leaving IS functioning seems to me to be an ever greater threat. I think that sooner or later, NATO forces will be required on the ground.

There are huge difficulties facing all of this, but that's just my two cents on what I think the optimal way of dealing with this situation is. Of course, people far more qualified than myself are sweating over these issues, so the above should be taken with plenty of salt.

I think I agree with what you're saying and I see what you mean about the fallacy I committed but hey ho the thread is now dead everyone must have found somewhere else to call the left loonies and the right racists. No loss there I suppose? Now I really should get on with that essay...
Reply 141
Original post by Thomb
This thread has died.

It's been murdered more like. Drowned like an infant in a bathtub.

That's what happens when you steer a discussion to the point where you ultimately declare that you believe in the abolishment of the law or politics and where you start drawing WWII defeated Nazi analogies with a few protestors in Belgium.

Together with your hysterical accusations that everybody who doesn't see eye to eye with you is a Nazi sympathizer you took the discussion from the sublime to the ridiculous in no time at all.

Congratulations, thread murderer!
Reply 142
Original post by Howard
It's been murdered more like. Drowned like an infant in a bathtub.

That's what happens when you steer a discussion to the point where you ultimately declare that you believe in the abolishment of the law or politics and where you start drawing WWII defeated Nazi analogies with a few protestors in Belgium.

Together with your hysterical accusations that everybody who doesn't see eye to eye with you is a Nazi sympathizer you took the discussion from the sublime to the ridiculous in no time at all.

Congratulations, thread murderer!

You seemed quite happy at the time and stood by while the thread died.
Original post by Thomb
Its a fact they're nazis. Oops I mean so you think their views on immigration are petty? Tell me what you think is petty about immigration? Do you think the far rights views on immigration should be endorsed?

Maybe you should R.E.A.D the post I originally responded to for C.O.N.T.E.X.T or do you make it a business of lambasting people who agree with you over misunderstandings? **** off.
Anti-fa = Anti-White, cultural Marxists and sometimes even Zionists because you know how they love diversity, just not in Israel...
Reply 145
Original post by 27032016
Anti-fa = Anti-White, cultural Marxists and sometimes even Zionists because you know how they love diversity, just not in Israel...

what do you mean multiculturalism = genocide? You choose not to marry a non white person, you marry a white person,n you have white children, the white race continues, where in that equation is the genocide?
come on guys, its easter, and everyones fighting on here :frown:
Reply 147
Original post by Frank Underwood
come on guys, its easter, and everyones fighting on here :frown:

Sorry but the people fighting on here are atheist. Let us kill each other in peace.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Yep. Ironic that these fascists are doing just what Daesh want them to do! They want a divided Europe.

Yes racist whites are ignorant bigots, people need to stand up against them.
Reply 149
Original post by Mathemagicien
"Most of the protests were peaceful but white-helmeted riot police used the water cannon against a group of protesters, many of whom local media described as right-wing nationalists, who burst onto the square chanting and carrying banners denouncing Islamic State."

http://in.reuters.com/article/belgium-blast-idINKCN0WT0G1

Doesn't sound as scary as OP tries to make it out to be...

What were they expected to do? Burst into the square chanting and applauding Islamic State?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending