The Student Room Group

Letter of reconsideration to a university??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
You can carry them over, so work out if youd satnd more chance with just doing 2. this is where communucation and clarification with them if you are going to reapply would make sense. If you build up some ongoing relation with them, then it is helpful. Is a remark possible or is that how you know you scored 1 below an A because you tried it?

Remarks have to be completed before the end of September, so it's out of the question to do anything about it now. The marks are given on the results sheet, so it is clear how far off the next boundary you are before putting in for a remark.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Remarks have to be completed before the end of September, so it's out of the question to do anything about it now. The marks are given on the results sheet, so it is clear how far off the next boundary you are before putting in for a remark.

Fine, thanks. Just running through the options in my head.
Fine, thanks. Just running through the options in my head.

No problem. There aren't that many, tbh.
Original post by Wheredidshego
I recently received a rejection for the University that I really want to go to. I really had my heart set on it and I really don't know what to do.
The course was International Business with Spanish and the grade requirements are ABB.
I recieved BBB at AS level but I was only 1 mark off an A in Spanish ...
I think I may have recieved a rejection as my subjects aren't business based :
Spanish
English Language
Health and Social Care

The universities have until the end of March to make decisions about applicants on UCAS (this is what my teacher said) and offers therefore I am debating whether I should write a reconsideration letter myself or if I should get my teacher to help me. Although the I am scared that I might be too late as I will only be able to get her help on the 4th of April....
Do any of you know how to word a letter of reconsideration for the offer ? I am greatful for any help ! Thankyou!

What uni is the course at?

If it's a course which is usually in clearing/adjustment you could get in through that way?
Original post by jamestg
What uni is the course at?

If it's a course which is usually in clearing/adjustment you could get in through that way?

Not if she has been rejected from the outset, no.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Not if she has been rejected from the outset, no.

Wait so you can't reapply for a course after results day for one you've been rejected from?
Original post by jamestg
Wait so you can't reapply for a course after results day for one you've been rejected from?

You can try, but they won't take you if they have already rejected you beforehand. They decided in advance that you didn't have what they were looking for and that isn't going to change on results day. If they had been prepared to overlook whatever they were in doubt about in your application and give you an offer, they could have given a high offer just to see, but they didn't. The same is true of adjustment - they could have asked for higher than usual grades in the first place if they had been interested, but they weren't.

There's nothing to stop you applying the following year but if the flaw in the application hasn't been put right, the result will be the same.
You can carry them over, so work out if youd satnd more chance with just doing 2. this is where communucation and clarification with them if you are going to reapply would make sense. If you build up some ongoing relation with them, then it is helpful. Is a remark possible or is that how you know you scored 1 below an A because you tried it?

As Spanish is a language and I learn more each year it only makes sense that I would repeat it again and gain more marks as I know more Spanish . Every pupil that my teacher has had goes up after repeating the exam the next year. So there's no point in asking for a re-mark... It's too late now anyways .. On results day you can access your results online (which I did) and it tells you the grade and how far off the next grade you are
As Spanish is a language and I learn more each year it only makes sense that I would repeat it again and gain more marks as I know more Spanish . Every pupil that my teacher has had goes up after repeating the exam the next year. So there's no point in asking for a re-mark... It's too late now anyways .. On results day you can access your results online (which I did) and it tells you the grade and how far off the next grade you are

Yes thats what carnation said in the post above. I was just addressing the logical possibilites as they arose. Not the end of the world going a year later. try to get a job to save some money.
Reply 29

I have recieved my offers from the other 4 universities but I live in N.I and the uni I want to go to is here .. I can't afford to go to England as my maintenance fee doesn't even cover the cost of accommodation to live over there.

Have you considered applying to any universities in Ireland? Fees are much lower than NI or GB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Have you considered applying to any universities in Ireland? Fees are much lower than NI or GB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Health and Social Care isn't seen as an A level down there.. Which really is unfortunate because I would like to go there ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending