The Student Room Group

Is this healthy?

I'm 25, and there is a guy who I've had feelings for about 2.5 months. To cut a long story short, he told me he liked me too, we slept together and he said he didn't want a relationship for various reasons, and was leaving the country in a couple of months.

I tried to get over him but found myself talking to him loads online etc. whereas he began being more and more distant. He said he was being distant but due to other stuff, nothing to do with me.

Anyway we finally saw each other again on a night out and he was very tactile and teasing me and stuff but didn't try anything. I admit I was quite nervous and may have come across a bit awkwardly.

Then he told my friend he only liked me as a friend but that I had loads of great qualities and he liked talking to me but there wasn't a spark. Itold him that this was cool and that I was glad it was all in the open.
Anyway I saw him on another night out and he was a bit flirty, and said we should see each other soon. Then he started talking to me lots online and started saying I had an amazing body and he'd really enjoyed having sex with me and stuff. He's made other flirty comments too towards me.

We spent days talking abut all kinds of stuff, music, films etc. and now he's gone a bit quieter again. my friends say I'm out of his league and can do better anyway, and I thought I was getting over him but I haven't at all :frown:

I am talking to him less online and trying to meet other people, but I can't forget him.
because we've got mutual friends, we're going to see each other from time to time anyway. I just can't get over him, I know he's been a bit dodgy with me but I think I am in love.. I just cannot work him out..
Reply 1
He's leaving the country for good in 3 months, anyway...
From reading your post I feel like you're getting attached to him. He's attractive to you and would happily sleep with you again. He just doesn't see it going anywhere though. If you're happy with this then continue with it. If not the distance will probably be worthwhile.
Reply 3
Original post by phunky_fresh
From reading your post I feel like you're getting attached to him. He's attractive to you and would happily sleep with you again. He just doesn't see it going anywhere though. If you're happy with this then continue with it. If not the distance will probably be worthwhile.

Thanks for your reply :smile: What is it that makes you think he doesn't see it going anywhere? Just so I know :smile: So you reckon he definiytely would sleep with me again? The thing is I probably would with him too! he's made very clear he finds me physically attracive... it's tough because we do have interesting conversations, we talk about all manner of things and we make a lot of jokes, and there is physical attraction, but obviously something is missing for him :frown:
Reply 4
bump
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply :smile: What is it that makes you think he doesn't see it going anywhere? Just so I know :smile: So you reckon he definiytely would sleep with me again? The thing is I probably would with him too! he's made very clear he finds me physically attracive... it's tough because we do have interesting conversations, we talk about all manner of things and we make a lot of jokes, and there is physical attraction, but obviously something is missing for him :frown:

Because he said so. I don't see why he would paint another picture unless there is a good reason behind it. I feel like I can't relate to your post based on something similar I experienced. Maybe you should talk it out with him.
Reply 6
Because he said so. I don't see why he would paint another picture unless there is a good reason behind it. I feel like I can't relate to your post based on something similar I experienced. Maybe you should talk it out with him.

Yeah I think I need to confront him... it's very confusing that he tells my friend that he only sees me as a friend, then flirts with me like that the other night... would you really say to a friend how nice their body was and that you liked sleeping with them?It's confusing really..
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I think I need to confront him... it's very confusing that he tells my friend that he only sees me as a friend, then flirts with me like that the other night... would you really say to a friend how nice their body was and that you liked sleeping with them?It's confusing really..

Well from what I've learned there really isn't any other way to class someone you are attracted to, but don't necessarily want a relationship with them. So for a lack of a better word, I've found people use the word ' friend'. So I've had a guy say we are friends, he complimented me and flirts alot. He's also implied he would happily sleep with me if the opportunity arises, however we are friends (in his eyes).

Good luck though! I hope it works out for you.
Reply 8
Well from what I've learned there really isn't any other way to class someone you are attracted to, but don't necessarily want a relationship with them. So for a lack of a better word, I've found people use the word ' friend'. So I've had a guy say we are friends, he complimented me and flirts alot. He's also implied he would happily sleep with me if the opportunity arises, however we are friends (in his eyes).

Good luck though! I hope it works out for you.

Thank you! :smile: Yeah, maybe he wants us to be friends with benefits? No idea, anyway, I will see how it goes! thaks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending