The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zKlown
Baboon ya know!

Man like Sentry bursting several blood vessels in anger.

People always read way too much into stuff, I just enjoy swearing
Original post by Lúcio
Is it really fair to compare a striker to a midfielder by only using goalscoring stats?

Regardless, I just showed Coutinho STILL beats the great Martial in goalscoring so you have literally no leg to stand on mate.

I know it's painful to lose to Lúcio but just accept it and move on :smile:

you're not following
the numbers aren't the point
only goals were being talked about (in a totally non-serious discussion btw)
you thought Coutinho would have a worse record in that regard
so you sneakily added in assists to make his record better than Martial's
but no one was talking about assists
that was my point
"strong adding in of assists"
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Considering Coutinho takes about 1000000 shots per game, he's bound to score a few.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He still has to get in the position, find the space and score the goal. Don't be bitter.

Martial will explode in the next few years. For now just accept he isn't as good as you make out.
Original post by difeo
you're not following
the numbers aren't the point
only goals were being talked about (in a totally non-serious discussion btw)
you thought Coutinho would have a worse record in that regard
so you sneakily added in assists to make his record better than Martial's
but no one was talking about assists
that was my point
"strong adding in of assists"

True, I assumed the midfielder would have a worse goalscoring record than the "amazing" striker. Big surprise.

Upon inspection, I was delighted to find Coutinho was superior. You have no argument so you're trying to get out of it with an invalid technicality. What a woman.
Original post by Lúcio
He still has to get in the position, find the space and score the goal. Don't be bitter.

Martial will explode in the next few years. For now just accept he isn't as good as you make out.

Its not being bitter. If anything its probably you getting so riled up.

I just pointed out the fact that he continually takes about a billion shots per game which leads to a greater chance of scoring a goal, which is more than a reasonable conclusion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
True, I assumed the midfielder would have a worse goalscoring record than the "amazing" striker. Big surprise.

Upon inspection, I was delighted to find Coutinho was superior. You have no argument so you're trying to get out of it with an invalid technicality. What a woman.

Clearly you don't understand so we'll leave it
reported for blatant sexism

Considering Coutinho takes about 1000000 shots per game, he's bound to score a few.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/anthony_martial/165/165/3926/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/philippe_coutinho/165/165/2673/0/p#total_shots#90

lmao
Original post by difeo
Clearly you don't understand so we'll leave it
reported for blatant sexism

LOOOOOOOOL

Typical Difeo. Nice to see you can still take a loss like a man :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
LOOOOOOOOL

Typical Difeo. Nice to see you can still take a loss like a man :smile:

It's not a loss when I've explained what I was saying and you're creating a separate debate that wasn't ever happening

I just pointed out the fact that he continually takes about a billion shots per game which leads to a greater chance of scoring a goal, which is more than a reasonable conclusion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In fairness, he takes a lot of shots because he has the ability to work himself in to space at his optimal shooting range.
Granted it can be frustrating at time but equally he can score world class goals and win matches. He's easily the best player we have so maybe he feels the extra pressure to take the shot and get the goal.

I don't think it matters to be honest. He scores the goals and also provides plenty of assists. If he was at United, we both know you'd be raving like me and I'd be desperately trying to look for a hole in his playing style.
Original post by difeo
It's not a loss when I've explained what I was saying and you're creating a separate debate that wasn't ever happening

I mentioned assists yes.

I then went back to goals only and showed Coutinho is better. So yes, it is a loss :smile:
Original post by difeo
did he ever leave

2-1 hehe

Imagine thinking a soon to be 28 year old injury plagued Agüero is worth a full £20m+ more than a 22 year old Kane who's scored goals at a similar goal:game ratio and stayed injury free despite playing nearly every game in a notoriously difficult high press philosophy under Pochettino for two seasons straight, whilst chucking in a poverty u21 tournament in the summer.
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was so simple scoring from taking a million shots than everyone would be doing it.
Original post by Lúcio
Considering Coutinho's primary focus is to create and Martial's primary focus is to score, how is that an invalid assessment?

Although if we're talking just goals, Coutinho has a better record anyway.
He has 6 from 20 and Martial has 7 from 24 (0.3 vs 0.29 goals per game).

Nice try :smile:

Let's talk about net goals mate, think about the net goals!
Original post by Lúcio
I mentioned assists yes.

I then went back to goals only and showed Coutinho is better. So yes, it is a loss :smile:

At no point was anyone having a genuine debate about who has scored more. There was my first comment in this chat, which was just taking the piss out of you for always bringing up Coutinho
You then (assuming that Martial would've scored more) tried to turn it into a proper debate and added in assists so Coutinho would win. But at no point was anyone a) seriously discussing their goal records b) even talking about assists

do u follow
Original post by samir12
If it was so simple scoring from taking a million shots than everyone would be doing it.

It's not simple, Coutinho has a pitiful goals per shot record
Original post by Dirtybit
Let's talk about net goals mate, think about the net goals!

Come on mate, none of us here are as desperate as Arsenal fans :tongue:

Original post by difeo
At no point was anyone having a genuine debate about who has scored more. There was my first comment in this chat, which was just taking the piss out of you for always bringing up Coutinho
You then (assuming that Martial would've scored more) tried to turn it into a proper debate and added in assists so Coutinho would win. But at no point was anyone a) seriously discussing their goal records b) even talking about assists

do u follow

That's funny because if Martial had a better record, I'm sure this "non-debate" would've taken a very different route :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
martial will hit 15 goals this season,heard it here first
Top ITK Scrawlx
Original post by difeo
It's not simple, Coutinho has a pitiful goals per shot record

Yeah don't worry, as long as your striker scores from every shot, you're satisfied with 5 goals a season :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
In fairness, he takes a lot of shots because he has the ability to work himself in to space at his optimal shooting range.
Granted it can be frustrating at time but equally he can score world class goals and win matches. He's easily the best player we have so maybe he feels the extra pressure to take the shot and get the goal.

I don't think it matters to be honest. He scores the goals and also provides plenty of assists. If he was at United, we both know you'd be raving like me and I'd be desperately trying to look for a hole in his playing style.

Look for a hole in his playing style? Wasn't even looking for one, just pointed out the fact that if a player takes a lot of shots per game, he would eventually end up scoring a few. Similar to Ronaldo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest