The Student Room Group

what does islam say about breakups or heartbreak?

any advice or just general info????

Scroll to see replies

that everything is 'written' and god has a plan for you so better things are coming and it was just not meant to be:smile:
Read the quran or look on the muslim blogs about it.
Well if you're heartbroke you've sinned seeing you shouldn't be in that situation to begin with.
Original post by DanB1991
Well if you're heartbroke you've sinned seeing you shouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

Not really. Its not haram to like someone, its what you do with it which can be haram. If you like someone, its expected you do it the proper way and get a nikkah etc.
Relationships don't exist in Islam.
Reply 6
Thanks this was very helpful :smile:
Reply 7
What do you mean
Reply 8
Relationships are ok in islam its what you do that makes it wrong.... heartbreak is the cause of loosing someone nothing to do with the actions involving the relationship
Reply 9
Original post by gemstone100
Relationships are ok in islam its what you do that makes it wrong.... heartbreak is the cause of loosing someone nothing to do with the actions involving the relationship

Do you mean marriage or relationships before marriage?
Relationship before marriage
Reply 11
Original post by gemstone100
Relationship before marriage

They're not permissible.
Reply 12
Original post by HAnwar
They're not permissible.

Then how do you get married if you're not already in a relationship? Arranged marriage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Then how do you get married if you're not already in a relationship? Arranged marriage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You go on a date, go out eating, get to know eachother... favourite things, likes, dislikes etc. If you're compatible then it works and you get married, if not then you part ways.
Reply 14
Original post by UWS

Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely don't do what the user above me said ^

Either arranged marriage or you tell your parents or next of kin who you like so they can take it from there.
Original post by HAnwar
You definitely don't do what the user above me said ^

Either arranged marriage or you tell your parents or next of kin who you like so they can take it from there.

So you're telling me you don't even see the person before you marry them, that's rediculous, and yes, I was brought up in a strict Islamic home. When I say date, your parent's know about the two of you going out, they give you the permission, then you come home and confirm your decision on whether to marry them or not/ whether they are suitable. To have someone else like your make that decision for you is beyond rediculous.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Habibananna
So you're telling me you don't even see the person before you marry them, that's rediculous, and yes, I was brought up in a strict Islamic home. When I say date, your parent's know about the two of you going out, they give you the permission, then you come home and confirm your decision on whetehr to marry them or not/ whetehr they are suitable. To have someone else like your make that decision for you is beyond rediculous.

Lol where did I say you don't see the person beforehand?

Yeah your parents might give you permission but Allah doesn't. A non mahram man and woman can't be alone together, shaytaan will be the third person present, and that's coming from a hadith.
You can go out with the guy with a mahram present.
Original post by HAnwar
Lol where did I say you don't see the person beforehand?

Yeah your parents might give you permission but Allah doesn't. A non mahram man and woman can't be alone together, shaytaan will be the third person present, and that's coming from a hadith.
You can go out with the guy with a mahram present.

Yes, I understand the hadiith that no two people are ever alone, it just seems sad that you have to go with a mahram, there are certain questions that only potential future spouses should hear and particularly not in the presence of the girls family member(s).
I don't know I'm only 17..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Habibananna
Yes, I understand the hadiith that no two people are ever alone, it just seems sad that you have to go with a mahrem, there are certain questions that only potential future spouses should hear and particularly not in the presence of the girls family member(s).

It's not sad, it's a reminder that you're not married yet and so you're still non mahram for each other.
Original post by HAnwar
It's not sad, it's a reminder that you're not married yet and so you're still non mahram for each other.

Why?

Why not make your own choices?

Arranged marriage of this kind belongs in the dark ages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending