The Student Room Group

50 people dead in Pakistan after ISLAMIC terror attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrokenLife
For me the world remained silent. Its of no importance to me that the Peshawar or Turkey attacks were given some coverage as oppose to the Paris or 9/11 which were given such a big exposure. That just shows that human worth is based on geographical backgrounds. That is extremely sad that humanity is now restricted. If you really care for human life, you give equal coverage regardless of where the attack took place.

I see where you're coming from, however, in the 21st century, terrorism is not just a national rather an international issue. And the ones that you're comparing it with are pure national issues.

That makes no sense. The world didn't remain silent :s I remember the day of the attack so well. I saw it all over the news and it was trending on Twitter for hours upon hours. I remember seeing the pictures shared and crying on the bus home from school. Peshawar was not ignored, it received quite a lot of coverage
Original post by BrokenLife
The Peshawar attacks was one the deadliest and barbaric attacks yet the world remained quiet. Oh yeah, cos the victims were of Pakistan. Its rather ridiculous how so many people fail to understand that Pakistan has itself been one of the biggest victim of terrorism, yet Pakistan gets hated on. This world, man!

i think all our hearts go out to these victims and their families - as they do for all victims of islamic terrorism. paksitan i suppose is thought of ( rightly or wrongly) in a differnt way by some, becuase firstly it became ultra - islamic in its poiltics first by general zia and then musharraff - under the coercing of the sunni powerhouse that rules it saudi arabia.. then it consistently courted islamic groups and encouraged them to setup there like tax havens to big corporates and became a world leader in jihadi training and exporting islamic terrorists asuing problems for lots of other countires. so for that reason many feel pakistan is no on receiving end of what it created for many decades.

I would add the uk and usa made the wrong call in ignoring /humouring paksitan in their islamic endevours in the region many decaeds ago too during the cold war. i suppose knowing that doesnt make you feel any better, but i think paksitanis in general have a respoonsibilty to the world to eradicate what they started and turn back the influence of islamist groups in their scoety - vioently and by force if need be
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Christ Redeems

I am in agreement with you that large parts of the ME are indeed terribly backwards places, but large parts are not.

Most places in the Middle east are hotbeds of terrorism.

I'll leave out Israel because they don't follow a backward religion, the rest in the region do. Which is why they couldn't win one war against the country even when they all packed themselves together to fight.
ISIS bomb mosques so how does it make them Muslims
Original post by Z-Zinan

Progress.

I'll leave out Israel because they don't follow a backward religion, the rest in the region do.

One must be careful not to conflate Sunnis/Shias.

And if you regard all followers of a religion as backwards, then obviously you will inevitably come to the conclusion that most countries in the region are terrible places. I do not think this is a healthy view, for example Iran has a very young and pretty progressive population, despite most identifying as Muslim.

Which is why they couldn't win one war against the country even when they all packed themselves together to fight.

Not all the countries in the region fought against Israel in the Six-Day War. And that wasn't won because of religious differences, but purely by superior military equipment and strategies by Israel.
Reply 85
Original post by PrincessZara

Because they are following direct commands from their false prophet.

They bomb mostly Shia mosques and consider Shias to be heretics/apostates.

It's also worth noting the following because there seems to be a silly assumption that it's not true: there are circumstances in Islam where it's permissible for a Muslim to be put to death. Who woulda thunk it. :eek:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Z-Zinan

I'll leave out Israel because they don't follow a backward religion, the rest in the region do. Which is why they couldn't win one war against the country even when they all packed themselves together to fight.

"Backward" religion. You most be joking :biggrin:. Have you seen what they say about "non jews" in their torahs, and their religious indifferences has led to the current war in Palestine, not because of nationalism.
Reply 88
Original post by Christ Redeems
Progress.

One must be careful not to conflate Sunnis/Shias.

And if you regard all followers of a religion as backwards, then obviously you will inevitably come to the conclusion that most countries in the region are terrible places. I do not think this is a healthy view, for example Iran has a very young and pretty progressive population, despite most identifying as Muslim.

Not all the countries in the region fought against Israel in the Six-Day War. And that wasn't won because of religious differences, but purely by superior military equipment and strategies by Israel.

Everyone knows the difference between Sunni's and Shias

You are trying to defend the claim that the ME isn't for the most part a hotbed of terrorism by just using the example on one country Iran? Which was actually extremely violent up until 2005?

Well the battle just shows Israels superiority to neighbouring muslim countries. The amount of Jewish noblest per capita in comparison to the amount of muslim scholars per capita is another example.

You're correct. They bombed a predominant Muslim country today, and have bombed an school full of Muslim kids last year in 2014.
Reply 90
Original post by Oblivion99
"Backward" religion. You most be joking :biggrin:. Have you seen what they say about "non jews" in their torahs, and their religious indifferences has led to the current war in Palestine, not because of nationalism.

Retard, that's in their Talmud, not the Torah. The talmud was written by humans.

The torah is just the first 5 books of the Bible that christians like myself still read.

This is why i hate arguing with ignorant muslims following a backward cult/religion
Reply 91

[video="youtube;W8W0KsUkag4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8W0KsUkag4[/video]

i dont follow
*see's news about terrorists killing people in the name of a religion*
wow what a bad religion!

by this logic you could say that the kkk or some other terrorist group represent their religions....

so smart and aware XD
Original post by Z-Zinan

Iran? Which was actually extremely violent up until 2005?

This makes no sense and shows you know nothing about Iran, and undermines the pretence that you know much about the region in general.

Well the battle just shows Israels superiority to neighbouring muslim countries.

Military and organisational superiority, yes, I already stated that.

The amount of Jewish noblest per capita in comparison to the amount of muslim scholars per capita is another example.

Now you are turning this into a Jews vs Muslims thing, which I don't really have any real interest in. But, yes, many Jews are extremely hard-working and intelligent.
Original post by NickLCFC
By the way the BBC are reporting that there's now at least 60 people dead.

"There is speculation that Christian families out for the Easter weekend may have been the target, says the BBC's Shaimaa Khalil, in Lahore."

That's probably true.

It's just sickening and at times like this you start to wonder what this world is coming to :cry2:
Original post by Oblivion99
You're correct. They bombed a predominant Muslim country today, and have bombed an school full of Muslim kids last year in 2014.

Qu'ran 9:73 "O prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination"

I am feel extremely distraught at this.

However, by saying that this is an 'Islamic' attack, are you saying that the terrorists are following the religion 'correctly' and the victim muslims aren't? Are you aware that the Quran states that the believers are like brothers and in light of this, do you really think that the terrorists are following Islam?
Original post by haj101
I'm getting sick and tired of people connecting these horrible acts with Islam. They are TERRORISTS, they have ignorantly used religion as an excuse to gain political power.

They are ISLAMIC Terrorists... wrap your head around that one.
Reply 99

In exactly the same way that Thomas Cromwell ransacked churches, smashed up all the icons, and beheaded anybody that wasn't enthusiastic enough about England's new found protestant church.

He was still a Christian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending