The Student Room Group

Meeting a guy after messaging for a month. Going too fast?

I've been talking to a guy that I met on a dating app for a month now. He wants to meet up with me. I like him and I think he likes me back. We message on a daily basis and flirt quite a bit. He seems like a genuine person but I'm not sure if I trust him enough for him to visit, however stupid that sounds. I've had bad experiences in the past which has made me wary of trusting guys too quickly. I've never done anything with a guy before or anything with anyone for that matter, I've never even been kissed:frown:.

Is this going too fast or am I just being weird?

Bi Guy btw

Help needed:smile:
@Unistudent77

What do you reckon? :P
[QUOTE=MountKimbie;63571067]@Unistudent77

What do you reckon? :P

Haha, very good. Very good.

OP - just go for it. What will you lose if you do?
I mean what can we really say to you tbh...
Reply 3
Slow, it does not matter if you wait 5 minutes or a year, a prick is a prick
Reply 4
Go for it or you may forever wonder, what if?
Reply 5
A month is not a long time to get to know someone, I think. Am I just being too reserved?
Original post by Anonymous
A month is not a long time to get to know someone, I think. Am I just being too reserved?

A month isn't a long time to get to know someone, it takes years to truly know someone. However it is a long time to be talking to someone without meeting them for the first time. You build up all kinds of expectations in your head which can lead to disappointment. So the earlier the better imo.
Reply 7
It is? I've never been in a relationship so I don't really know what I'm doing to be honest.
Too soon? I would say too slow!
If you live far away from each then fair enough you dont wana waste money when you're not sure, but if you live close i dont see how you havent met up already?
It's so easy to hide your real self online, whatever people say online you still have a persona, whereas this isnt impossible in person. Someone might be completely different in person to how they are online (espeically in terms of confidence).
If you are worried about the safety aspect, just meet up in a public place then no issue!
Reply 9
Yeah we live quite near to each other, about half a hour away. I personally thought it was quite fast, but everyone is saying otherwise. I guess we should meet up soon then :smile:
UPDATE

We finally met up last week and we had a brilliant time. We met up and went back to mine. We got into my bed to watch a film and he just looked at me and kissed me. It was awesome, I was worried for no reason at all. We made out for a bit and cuddled watching a film until he had to go back home. I walked him to the train station and he kissed me before he left for his train. It was so romantic. :biggrin:
UPDATE

We finally met up last week and we had a brilliant time. We met up and went back to mine. We got into my bed to watch a film and he just looked at me and kissed me. It was awesome, I was worried for no reason at all. We made out for a bit and cuddled watching a film until he had to go back home. I walked him to the train station and he kissed me before he left for his train. It was so romantic. :biggrin:

This is honestly SO cute, I'm happy your date went well. :h:

Stay cute, and don't wear your heart on your sleeve. :kiss:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
This is honestly SO cute, I'm happy your date went well. :h:

Stay cute, and don't wear your heart on your sleeve. :kiss:

I can honestly say it was the best day of my life so far. He was so adorable and took everything slowly cos he knew I had never dated before. I just hope he wants to meet up again cos I really like him:smile:

BTW kissing is awesome:tongue:
Can anyone suggest anything to do for a second date? Cos I cant think of anything interesting myself:tongue:
Can anyone suggest anything to do for a second date? Cos I cant think of anything interesting myself:tongue:

Bowling, Ice skating, going out to eat, visiting a museum.
UPDATE

I'm intrigued to know if your seeing him again? Glad it went well mate.

Back to yours on a first date... I would never do that
Original post by Lambert87
I'm intrigued to know if your seeing him again? Glad it went well mate.

Back to yours on a first date... I would never do that

Awh thanks. Yeah were going to see each other again when we both have the time, which hopefully will be soon.

I took him back to mine cos watching a film was the only thing I could think of doing. I felt comfortable at mine and my flatmates were there just in case anything did happen.
Well he's coming down again, we're gonna spend the day watching a film and maybe going out for a walk. I let him choose as I wasn't that fussed. I love just spending time with him.

Thought I'd let anyone knows who still cares:biggrin:
Yay! And just to put things in perspective, my friend has recently messaged a guy on facebook and met up with him the next day and then started dating him..so...you're fine :smile:
Original post by typicalvirgo
Yay! And just to put things in perspective, my friend has recently messaged a guy on facebook and met up with him the next day and then started dating him..so...you're fine :smile:

Awh thats cute

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending