The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You should contact them ! Because I messaged them and they told me it was okay in english !

You don't need to do any notary work until you have passed the exam and accepted a place. I am sitting the Charles 1st Faculty exam on 23rd April!
Original post by Cooliomed
You don't need to do any notary work until you have passed the exam and accepted a place. I am sitting the Charles 1st Faculty exam on 23rd April!

Aw that's great !! Thanks for letting me know ^.^
I am too ! But I can't remember the date lol, it's in may for me :3
Aw that's great !! Thanks for letting me know ^.^
I am too ! But I can't remember the date lol, it's in may for me :3

You taking the exam in Prague?
You taking the exam in Prague?

Tbh I can't remember :lol: I'm taking 3 differents exams, 2 in Prague and one in London, and I have so many dates that I can't remember which one is for Charles Uni 1st faculty I'll check my agenda and tell you about it later :biggrin:
Tbh I can't remember :lol: I'm taking 3 differents exams, 2 in Prague and one in London, and I have so many dates that I can't remember which one is for Charles Uni 1st faculty I'll check my agenda and tell you about it later :biggrin:

Lol! I have three exam in April. Masaryk on 9th, Palacky on 16th and then Charles 1st Faculty on 23rd!
Lol! I have three exam in April. Masaryk on 9th, Palacky on 16th and then Charles 1st Faculty on 23rd!

I have those too ! But at differents dates, for me it's may and july !
I have those too ! But at differents dates, for me it's may and july !

I looked at the July ones but felt I wanted to get them done before A-levels really kicked in.
I looked at the July ones but felt I wanted to get them done before A-levels really kicked in.

Aw you're right ^.^ good choice :yep:
Original post by the_queen
if you don't mind me asking, what subjects you have at A Level?what about the local language in Czech Republic?Thank you! Good luck!

I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths for AS currently. People say it is not too hard to learn the language in Czech Republic - but you will be obliged to take an assessment in their local language (supposedly Czech) at the end of every semester.
Original post by the_queen
did you apply for September 2017 already?

how is the process with translation of the documents in Czech language?

No I haven't applied yet. I will apply next year February time during my A2's.
What's the best faculty of Charles Prague as they have so many?
Original post by ApplesTrees
What's the best faculty of Charles Prague as they have so many?

Charles is like Oxford uni but instead of colleges they have faculties. 1st is the oldest with the best reputation. 2nd and 3rd are also in Prague and there are two facilities in other cities.
Charles is like Oxford uni but instead of colleges they have faculties. 1st is the oldest with the best reputation. 2nd and 3rd are also in Prague and there are two facilities in other cities.

Have you applied to Charles?
Have you applied to Charles?

To the first faculty. Doing the exam on 23rd April.
To the first faculty. Doing the exam on 23rd April.

One of my friends goes to Charles First Faculty and he finds it fantastic. But I hear a lot that there are so many drop outs after first year - have you looked into that to see why it is the case?

Would A-Levels Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths be enough for the entrance exam? How many exams do you have to take - I am sure it is Biology and either Chemistry/Physics - and you have to get minimum 80%?
One of my friends goes to Charles First Faculty and he finds it fantastic. But I hear a lot that there are so many drop outs after first year - have you looked into that to see why it is the case?

Would A-Levels Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths be enough for the entrance exam? How many exams do you have to take - I am sure it is Biology and either Chemistry/Physics - and you have to get minimum 80%?

The way I look at it is if you are not up to the task then you fail. I am not arrogant and if successful will be 100% focused. I am there to become a doctor and not to party in Prague.

It is Bio, Chem and you get to choose maths or physics. I am taking these a-levels and using the medical doorway test prep package which has been a great help to be honest!!!
The way I look at it is if you are not up to the task then you fail. I am not arrogant and if successful will be 100% focused. I am there to become a doctor and not to party in Prague.

It is Bio, Chem and you get to choose maths or physics. I am taking these a-levels and using the medical doorway test prep package which has been a great help to be honest!!!

Thanks! Good luck with your exams
Reply 57
Original post by BristolFresher15
Perfect. Thanks!

I was thinking of just applying to Plovdiv with my Canadian high school grades (and not saying I'm taking A-levels) - so that if I get an offer it will be unconditional. But I don't know if they are good enough to get in.

I'll definitely give them to Charles though because it probably has much higher requirements.

- What did you study in university in Canada, I am a graduate from Ontario, with Bulgarian duo citizenship, been thinking of applying to Plovdiv, and I understand the process if you have any questions.
I spoke with them last week, a lot of people saying Bulgaria sucks and education is bs... clearly don't understand that any country located in the Balkan is basically the same..
whether you apply to chezh or Bulgaria..

Every country in Eastern Europe is corrupted I don't doubt it that there is people who pay to pass their exams, and that is messed up but when they try and get a job and cant due to lack of knowledge that's their problem

If you work hard, study your ass off and put in extra work, you will pass exams and you will know your stuff and you could find a good placement...

What did you take in Canada
Original post by Bgrap123
- What did you study in university in Canada, I am a graduate from Ontario, with Bulgarian duo citizenship, been thinking of applying to Plovdiv, and I understand the process if you have any questions.
I spoke with them last week, a lot of people saying Bulgaria sucks and education is bs... clearly don't understand that any country located in the Balkan is basically the same..

Every country in Eastern Europe is corrupted I don't doubt it that there is people who pay to pass their exams, and that is messed up but when they try and get a job and cant due to lack of knowledge that's their problem

If you work hard, study your ass off and put in extra work, you will pass exams and you will know your stuff and you could find a good placement...

Agreed. Studied Integrated Science at Carleton University. So Life and Health Science.
Original post by Bgrap123

There are huge differences between Czech and Bulgaria and Czech is not in the Balkans for a start. Czech is Central/West Europe with Germany to the North and Austria to the South.

Charles is one of the world's top 2% of universities and is leagues ahead of any Bulgarian uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending