The Student Room Group

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prince_Paul_246

Find me one ( just one) white person, who if they had a job interview and there lives depended on them getting that job and I had a pill, to turn there skin black for a day.

Would any white person take that pill ?

You've asked the question, but then just proclaimed the answer.

This is much more of a question of balancing risk/reward. You don't know if the skin change would help or not.

In reality, there are actually written procedures to hire non-whites over whites. There is no such thing the other way round, and would rely on the racism of the individual doing the hiring. In actuality, the changes of your skin colour helping your application are actually higher if you are non-white.

I mean, if these white people, REALLY believed that doors just opened for black people, then they would take that pill

What people believe, and what is actually the case, are not necessarily the same thing.
Reply 381
There is not a white person who would take pill to turn their skin black, if there life depended on getting the job.

Secondly white people don't care if the black person is upper or lower class. It matters not. White racism does not separate black people into groups.

Come on if the situation was I take the pill and become a black upper class lawyer and the only other person in the interview situation was me (prior to taking the pic obv.) The black upper class lawyer would get the job there's no denying that. Would I regret it afterwards depends on the personality of the dude I've turned into?

Class does count for a lot in that kind of situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Thomb
Come on if the situation was I take the pill and become a black upper class lawyer and the only other person in the interview situation was me (prior to taking the pic obv.) The black upper class lawyer would get the job there's no denying that. Would I regret it afterwards depends on the personality of the dude I've turned into?Class does count for a lot in that kind of situation.
Nope. They would not.Remember there has been study after study to show that whites with criminal records have more chance of callback than black people who are clean. Racism exists. Remember a white person of upper class would feel more of a bond to working class white person, than a black person from upper class.
Just popped in to see whether the usual people to engage in race discussions are here and they are, so I'm off. Too much drama for an Easter Sunday. :ciao:
Reply 384
Nope. They would not.Remember there has been study after study to show that whites with criminal records have more chance of callback than black people who are clean. Racism exists. Remember a white person of upper class would feel more of a bond to working class white person, than a black person from upper class.

No way I don't have any class background whatsoever I would be in the interview saying the black guy should get it and if he didn't the law would come down on the employer like a tonne of bricks. Fact. :bricks:
If there is positive discrimination then I have challenge to you

Find me one ( just one) white person, who if they had a job interview and there lives depended on them getting that job and I had a pill, to turn there skin black for a day.

Would any white person take that pill ?

I mean, if these white people, REALLY believed that doors just opened for black people, then they would take that pill

Truth of the matter. There is not one white person who would take that pill.

If I had a pill that would turn you white would you take it?
Original post by joecphillips
If I had a pill that would turn you white would you take it?

I'd rather kill myself
I'd rather kill myself

But you just said the fact that somebody wouldn't become black for a job proves racism so that just proves you are racist.
Reply 388
I'd rather kill myself

Really?

What's the reason black people can't be racist to white people racism is racism is it not?
But you just said the fact that somebody wouldn't become black for a job proves racism so that just proves you are racist.

Nope. I said for a day. You said forever
Nope. I said for a day. You said forever

I never actually specified a duration I thought it was obvious I was asking that question reversed back to you.
Yes you can.
I never actually specified a duration I thought it was obvious I was asking that question reversed back to you.

In that situation, if my life depended on getting a job and I could take a pill which would change my skin colour for a day to turn it white ?

Of course I would take the pill. Because I know that being white has many advantages.

But if you are asking me would be white in general ? Then no way on earth.
There is not a white person who would take pill to turn their skin black, if there life depended on getting the job.

Secondly white people don't care if the black person is upper or lower class. It matters not. White racism does not separate black people into groups.

I separate black people into groups.......

The same groups as other colours too

Poor, rich, chav, idiot, smart, funny, ugly and so on.

Yours views are really disturbing

Posted from TSR Mobile
White is a race so racism can happen, what a dreadful question

Original post by IAmNero
As far as I'm concerned, you can be racist to anyone!
But doesnt white privilge automatically deflect racism?
[video="youtube;s39yYPzktoE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s39yYPzktoE[/video]

White boy is not derogatory or even on the same level as that word smh

they above is comparable

Saying **** off back to Europe white boy is racist, saying the white boy over there isnt
If this 'Prince_Paul_246' guy was white and saying these things about black people, he'd probably be banned from TSR faster than you could say "racist hypocrite."
Original post by Dandaman1
If this 'Prince_Paul_246' guy was white and saying these things about black people, he'd probably be banned from TSR faster than you could say "racist hypocrite."

Totally agree which is one of the reasons it's so disturbing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dandaman1

IF, but he aint, your white why don't you post it

Quick Reply