The Student Room Group

What's the most gentlemen thing a guy has done for you??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm a GUY.

-I've opened the door for many girls. What pisses me off is how many don't even have the common sense to say "thank you" so I have become rude now and just slam the door in their faces.

-I've helped a lady pick up her things after she fell....

-I've picked up someones card and ran after them to give it to them.

-I've stopped what i was doing to help somebody find their way when they were new and lost.

You posting that kinda makes out it wasn't for them but for others (make u look good)
Also courtesy* not sense. 👍
Anonymous 5 exposed :lol:

nah im not Mancini if thats what youre thinking :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

PRSOM. :rofl:

Okay, okay...I thought of the first reason an hour later when telling my friend what had happened :rofl:
nah im not Mancini if thats what youre thinking :smile:

If you say so :wink:
Probably when I went NCS and on the first week I fell down a hill (I was known as roley poley the rest of the time). A lovely chap on my team was kind enough to hold my hand the rest of the way down so I didn't fall down again. :redface:
Waited until marriage :h:

waited for what?
Offered to carry a pile of books for me and offered to help me with some work I needed to do after work finished.
Reply 67
If you say so :wink:

Mancini does not need to hide like you on some generic thread.
Original post by aamirac
Probably when I went NCS and on the first week I fell down a hill (I was known as roley poley the rest of the time). A lovely chap on my team was kind enough to hold my hand the rest of the way down so I didn't fall down again. :redface:

that was nice of him

shouldve rewarded him with a ...
Original post by Mancini
You are just a bullying feminazi who treats people like **** and are taking joy in your treatment of this fella through posting your enjoyment of your joy in belittling him for offering you some help.

Honey no, I am not a feminazi at all.

Lol, what the hell are you saying, 'enjoying belittling him'?! :toofunny:

I think the point that triggered you was the fact I said "because I'm strong enough". I said that because I am strong enough to lift a small suitcase weighing about 10kg max for a short period of time. What's wrong with me enjoying the fact I'm a little bit strong? I like lifting stuff because I like to feel strong. I am in no way belittling him, he was very kind to do that, and that's why I mentioned him here because I appreciate that people like him exist. But me enjoying my strength doesn't make me a bullying, belittling feminazi.

If that was my purpose there would be so much more distaste in the first post and I would have put a whole essay about why it was wrong.
Did I do that? No I did not.
Why? Because I'm not a bullying feminazi.

Call me sad and pathetic for enjoying the little strength I have but you can't call me a belittling feminazi.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I'm sorry I don't understand your sentence :/ (I'm not a native) can you rephrase please :smile: ?

I think he was suggesting you demandinly high standards and if he ever meest you then he will buy you 2 happy meals.
Reply 71
Original post by Eternalflames
Honey no, I am not a feminazi at all.

Lol, what the hell are you saying, 'enjoying belittling him'?! :toofunny:

I think the point that triggered you was the fact I said "because I'm strong enough". I said that because I am strong enough to lift a small suitcase weighing about 10kg max for a short period of time. What's wrong with me enjoying the fact I'm a little bit strong? I like lifting stuff because I like to feel strong. I am in no way belittling him, he was very kind to do that, and that's why I mentioned him here because I appreciate that people like him exist. But me enjoying my strength doesn't make me a bullying, belittling feminazi.

If that was my purpose there would be so much more distaste in the first post and I would have put a whole essay about why it was wrong.
Did I do that? No I did not.
Why? Because I'm not a bullying feminazi.

Call me sad and pathetic for enjoying the little strength I have but you can't call me a belittling feminazi.

Mancini does not get triggered Mancini is the trigger, just ask your fellow feminazis round TSR. :smile:

Plus if my words were not true you wouldn't be huffing and puffing like this, obviously I hit a soft spot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
I think he was suggesting you demandinly high standards and if he ever meest you then he will buy you 2 happy meals.

:lol:

Spoiler

Original post by trustmeimlying1
that was nice of him

shouldve rewarded him with a ...

I think he kinda had to for my survival that week. :rofl:

:eyebrow:
this guy would come to the bus stop to see me everyday to talk which meant he would have to leave his house half an hour early, not sure if its gentlemanly but it comes to mind
I was waiting outside of a strip club, talking to the bouncers who wouldn't let me in because I had no ID. Shared some craic and they decided to let me in anyway. Then this knight in shining armour popped out of nowhere with a thick wad of cash; paid my £20 entry fee, give me a pat on the back and disappeared into the darkness. I had never seen him before and I've never seen him since. True gentleman.
(edited 8 years ago)
Also once I cried in front of a colleague and he listened to me and tried his best to comfort me and help me.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
I was waiting outside of a strip club, talking to the bouncers who wouldn't let me in because I had no ID. Shared some craic and they decided to let me in anyway. Then this night in shining armour popped out of nowhere with a thick wad of cash; paid my £20 entry fee, give me a pat on the back and disappeared into the darkness. I had never seen him before and I've never seen him since. True gentleman.

no bother mate.

will always help out a fellow irish lad
a simple acknowledgement that it was a kind gesture is all that's needed.

Just shows how ****ed up this generation of girls are. Then they are the ones complaining when i slam a door in their face saying "omg youre rude" **** off.

:lol:

I must be in the minority that find its awkward when guys open the doors. By that I mean when they open the door and then wait and say no you go through and wait till you walk in. Makes me feel more self conscious. I prefer it when they walk through and leave the door open and hold it for a sec with their fingers so it doesn't slam straight away/stays open for a while.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
no bother mate.

will always help out a fellow irish lad

Thanks, bud. A lad needs a strippy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending