The Student Room Group

maths

hi, I am in year 10 and have really been struggling with maths, I was wondering if you know any revision tips that could help me?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by serena32
i'm in year 10 and struggle with maths what are the best ways to revise

You can get workbooks which are really good, just check that it is the right one for your syllabus and exam board and practise papers. Lots and lots*of practice papers...
Reply 2
Original post by serena32
hi, I am in year 10 and have really been struggling with maths, I was wondering if you know any revision tips that could help me?

Mathswatch is amazing :biggrin:
If you can't get this, then try GCSE bitesize; it's great.
And one thing I must stress, is PAST PAPERS! - www.mrbartonmaths.com; you'll find the solutions too. I'd advice you to revise content first, and then trying past papers.
Reply 3
Original post by iKiss.
Mathswatch is amazing :biggrin:
If you can't get this, then try GCSE bitesize; it's great.
And one thing I must stress, is PAST PAPERS! - www.mrbartonmaths.com; you'll find the solutions too. I'd advice you to revise content first, and then trying past papers.

Thank you!!! I do have access to mathswatch lucky me and it does help me I will try the other tips you said thanks :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by justbeu
You can get workbooks which are really good, just check that it is the right one for your syllabus and exam board and practise papers. Lots and lots*of practice papers...

thankyou :wink: and if it helps I am on the edexcel exam board
Do you happen to have access to mymaths at all through your school? It's very helpful if you struggle with any particular topics and provides online homeworks etc.

One thing I found helpful is after you finish a topic, make review notes of the key sections. So for example, if you were doing a topic about circles, you'd highlight that the circumference of a circle is 2πr, the area is πr^2 and so on so forth. I'd also recommend sticking in an example of a question to do with that topic.

Once you've finished all your topics, make sure you do plenty of past papers! They allow you to see what you can improve on and where you are losing marks, so you can then go over those topics again.

I've tutored/mentored a couple of year 10s/11s doing their GCSE mathematics on the edexcel exam board, so if you ever need any help, feel free to drop me a message and i'll try and explain as best as possible. Failing that, if you get stuck, everyone on here is super friendly so just create a thread and you'll get help in no time! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by backtraced
Do you happen to have access to mymaths at all through your school? It's very helpful if you struggle with any particular topics and provides online homeworks etc.

One thing I found helpful is after you finish a topic, make review notes of the key sections. So for example, if you were doing a topic about circles, you'd highlight that the circumference of a circle is 2πr, the area is πr^2 and so on so forth. I'd also recommend sticking in an example of a question to do with that topic.

Once you've finished all your topics, make sure you do plenty of past papers! They allow you to see what you can improve on and where you are losing marks, so you can then go over those topics again.

I've tutored/mentored a couple of year 10s/11s doing their GCSE mathematics on the edexcel exam board, so if you ever need any help, feel free to drop me a message and i'll try and explain as best as possible. Failing that, if you get stuck, everyone on here is super friendly so just create a thread and you'll get help in no time! :smile:

Thank you so much this helped me but I don't have access to mymaths, I originally did in year 8 but my school stopped it but thankyou if I am stuck I will ask you ;D
Reply 7
Kesh maths for topic booklets for Edexcel syllabus
Maths watch - great for worksheets and video tutorials
Past papers

I'm currently working in Maths intervention at a secondary and these are the main things we use to tutor GCSE pupils. Also not sure if you have access to pixl maths but I've heard it's quite good for revision as well.
Reply 8
Original post by sabana
Kesh maths for topic booklets for Edexcel syllabus
Maths watch - great for worksheets and video tutorials
Past papers

I'm currently working in Maths intervention at a secondary and these are the main things we use to tutor GCSE pupils. Also not sure if you have access to pixl maths but I've heard it's quite good for revision as well.

I do have access to pixl but currently haven't been using it, better start using it and thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest