The Student Room Group

Anyone not started revising?

Poll

Have you started revising yet?

seeing others in the same position as me makes me feel a little better (don't act like you don't secretly wish others were in the same boat as you so you're not as screwed)
Reply 1
Original post by I'm-so-screwed
seeing others in the same position as me makes me feel a little better (don't act like you don't secretly wish others were in the same boat as you so you're not as screwed)

haha dw Im only in year 10 but I got my science mock next month and hardly haven't done anything ;p but good luck hope you do well
Reply 2
Original post by I'm-so-screwed

I've not started revising, starting tomorrow. I've made my timetable, so hopefully I'll stick to it. I suggest you start revising to, as it'll make you feel better, than leaving it to the last minute, and then you're going to so 'I'm totally screwed' :biggrin:
Reply 3
I've been doing bits but I haven't started properly yet. I'll probably start when half term begins (Friday) :smile:
[scrollr]START REVISING NOWWW!!! [/scrollr]
gosh
I've done bits in every subject, but my revision technique is horrible and i'm not coping very well atm in terms of understanding concepts :frown: Biology past papers are my bane and Chemistry past papers are so hard for me too :/ I have started revising but everything is so easy to learn but so hard to implement onto past papers.
Hey! :smile: I'm Yr 11 and have my GCSEs starting in like...56 days, first one's Spanish I think. But nope, I haven't started revising for any of them and don't plan to until the night before (I know, I know...but hear me out) - that's the only way I can revise, otherwise I'll just forget everything again before the exam. I wouldn't recommend this as I know it's probably a flawed method, but it worked for me :smile: (got an A* in core science last year by doing this) as I can remember diagrams from text books really easily, so that helps when applying stuff to the exam.

The only thing I plan on doing in the Easter holiday is self teaching Extended Physics, then it'll be easier for me in class when I go to learn it :smile:

But yeah, I haven't started revising either :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I'm in year 10 and I chose triple science. I got my science mocks in June and maths mocks:redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

But I made a Easter revision timetable which I'm going to start using today!
Original post by *Alisha*
Posted from TSR Mobile

As if you're revising for your year 10 mocks months away, I didn't even do that for the ones in year 11. Wish I had your motivation.
If it's only gcses/national 5s there's no need to heavily study for most people tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by adityac3688
I have started revising but everything is so easy to learn but so hard to implement onto past papers.

This is so true :banghead:
Original post by ScienceFantatic
As if you're revising for your year 10 mocks months away, I didn't even do that for the ones in year 11. Wish I had your motivation.

Hey
The grades we get for our mocks are sent to the colleges where going to pick. So they are important for me. It's a good idea making a revision timetable.
I didn't start revising until study leave for GCSEs. Got decent grades, but not the best. Really recommend that you revise before study leave to get a string of A*'s.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow I never really did any revision in year 10 and last minute cramming with mocks and never even thought of making a timetable. In December mocks year 11 no timetable as well but made one now for the real exams.
I haven't started revising and I'm in year 11 lol oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
I haven't started revising and I'm in year 11 lol oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should make a timetable and start revising.....because I'm sure you want good GCSE Grades:biggrin:
(started revision mid February on pure maths 5 hours weekdays 10 hours weekends, I've even started doing a level maths because I find it so interesting, I went from being a D/E student in y10 and start of y11 - absolutely hated maths, now it's all i enjoy doing) I've only just started revising my other subjects as I've finished the whole scope of maths. What I would say is you have to ask yourself what you want to do in life? I sat and thought to myself, I want money. I want to grow up and be able to support my family, take them to places without the worry of debts and bills. Buy my kids the things they want without worrying about bills. So I started to work, investment banking suited me most so I pushed myself to start revising the subject I hated the most because it's what i would need to take at A level and uni. So I started and after a few weeks of hard work I stated doing more and more and actually looked forward coming home from school to do maths revision... I use m4ths.com he's been a saviour to me. So if you are lacking the motivation to revise, and you're thinking it's just GCSEs nobody cares about them... If you don't get the grades, you won't be able to study you're desired a levels, you're dreams will be crushed. That's the thing I'm scared of, if I dont get an A in maths, my whole dream would be ruined and I'd have to do something entirely different. So just think about your future. Would you rather suffer for a few months revision to have a whole future of wealth and happiness ahead of you, or would you rather laugh and be laid back for these last months but in the future you're scraping around for money to support your family because you didn't persue your dreams. Make the wise choice. I did.
You should make a timetable and start revising.....because I'm sure you want good GCSE Grades:biggrin:

Haha yes I do but revising long term doesn't work for me as a have a really good short term memory - so if I revised the whole module the day b4 I remember it better than revising 2 months before😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Haha yes I do but revising long term doesn't work for me as a have a really good short term memory - so if I revised the whole module the day b4 I remember it better than revising 2 months before😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats why you should take short breaks after each second. As everyone knows revising for hours does not help at all.

Quick Reply

Latest