The Student Room Group

What is husband material?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
in my opinion a man at ease with himself and others, who is patient, tolerant, athletic and curious, who always stands up for what he believes in and cares deeply about the woman he is married to, one whose standards exist right down to the simple details.
Original post by Supersaps
Been an interesting few days of marriage here.
ooooooh congratulations! I see where youre coming from now lol

Original post by trustmeimlying1
I made the right choice.

ooohh thats all yeh ask

my mum told me to follow what your heart says and if that is what your heart says then...
Original post by chocolatesauce
ooooooh congratulations! I see where youre coming from now lol

my mum told me to follow what your heart says and if that is what your heart says then...

leave me alone.

Go away.
Original post by whorace
in my opinion a man at ease with himself and others, who is patient, tolerant, athletic and curious, who always stands up for what he believes in and cares deeply about the woman he is married to, one whose standards exist right down to the simple details.

unrealistic but me likey in wonderland.
leave me alone.

Go away.

ok :frown:
Reply 45
unrealistic but me likey in wonderland.

unrealistic because no one has standards, i'll try to hold myself as accountable to that as possible.
Original post by whorace

yes indeed
Original post by whorace
unrealistic because no one has standards, i'll try to hold myself as accountable to that as possible.

tis not that id just rather not marry a robot.
Reply 48
tis not that id just rather not marry a robot.

what do you mean? there is nothing robotic about the description I have made
My ideal list:

Protestant Christian
Virgin
Blond
Reasonably attractive
Sensitive, kind and caring
Funny
Intelligent (STEM degree ideally) or otherwise ambitious and professional in other ways (e.g: business owner or pilot or something)
Submissive in some ways but willing to take the lead in others
dear lord
dear lord

Well, God's a cool guy and everything but I think he's too good for me to marry :tongue: :wink:
Original post by Misc Aware
slept with < 10 women
not a man sloot
no tattoos
not northern or scottish
no drugs or smoking

Why what's wrong with Northerners?
1. My man.
2. My man.
3. My man.

That is all.
Reply 54
Protestant Christian - Yes (Independent)
Virgin - No (lol)
Blond - No (Black, hair that is)
Reasonably attractive - Reasonably? Please
Sensitive, kind and caring - Sometimes
Funny - Yes, just ask around (i'm modest as well)
Intelligent (STEM degree ideally) or otherwise ambitious and professional in other ways (e.g: business owner or pilot or something) - Yes (FO / Navy)
Submissive in some ways but willing to take the lead in others - NO
Original post by whorace
Protestant Christian - Yes (Independent)
Virgin - No (lol)
Blond - No (Black, hair that is)
Reasonably attractive - Reasonably? Please
Sensitive, kind and caring - Sometimes
Funny - Yes, just ask around (i'm modest as well)
Intelligent (STEM degree ideally) or otherwise ambitious and professional in other ways (e.g: business owner or pilot or something) - Yes (FO / Navy)
Submissive in some ways but willing to take the lead in others - NO

4/8, not bad, not bad at all

(I couldn't marry someone involved in the armed forces though)
Rich
provider
6'2
Muscular
Rich
No tats
No smoking
Hard worker
A lot of money

You mad?
Reply 57
Original post by Captain Sweden
Can you explain which of those requirements were misogynistic? And how do you know if they were hypocritical?

The age requirement, or rather the notes therewith.

The requirements for the number of sexual partners and the use of the word slut, or a synonym.

The gender of friends. Friendship, like love, knows no bounds.

They are hypocritical because they refer specifically to a woman remaining chaste but not to her potential husband likewise. They require a woman to avoid premarital sex but not a man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not out of touch with his feminine side. Doesn't see shame in doing 'girly' stuff. Loves vampires (traditional type). Could trust him with your life if it came to that!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace

Are you bisexual?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending