The Student Room Group

2015 aqa psychology paper??

can anyone remember what questions came up in the 2015 aqa psychology paper for aggression, gender and relationships? and schizophrenia?
Reply 1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3968961 Dunno I'm schizophrenic if you want to ask me any questions?
Reply 2
Original post by Thomb
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3968961 Dunno I'm schizophrenic if you want to ask me any questions?

heey, im studying A Level psychology and currently on the schizophrenia topic.. we learn about therapies and explanations of schizophrenia etc its quite interesting,. do you know what may have been the cause of your condition of schizophrenia?
Reply 3
Original post by bodbadchem
heey, im studying A Level psychology and currently on the schizophrenia topic.. we learn about therapies and explanations of schizophrenia etc its quite interesting,. do you know what may have been the cause of your condition of schizophrenia?

When I was first admitted to hospital I was suffering from a drug induced psychotic episode.

I don't know if you want to keep on asking me questions but feel free to do so if you do I'm more than happy to answer your questions about schizophrenia.

Actually the cause was genetic. My uncle was schizophrenic and my mum's side of the family are a bit mad I think but my uncle was definitely schizophrenic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Thomb
When I was first admitted to hospital I was suffering from a drug induced psychotic episode.

I don't know if you want to keep on asking me questions but feel free to do so if you do I'm more than happy to answer your questions about schizophrenia.

Actually the cause was genetic. My uncle was schizophrenic and my mum's side of the family are a bit mad I think but my uncle was definitely schizophrenic.

oh right yeaah thanks,
like how do you feel being schizophrenic? and what treatments and stuff are you currently on? how old are you btw
Reply 5
oh right yeaah thanks,
like how do you feel being schizophrenic? and what treatments and stuff are you currently on? how old are you btw

I'm a mature student ( I won't disclose my exact age for personal reasons). It's a lifelong illness only the symptoms can be eased shall we say and I'm generally quite happy particularly as I've just been writing about my hero King George the Third. I'm on anti psychotic drugs anti depressants and take something for my nerves. Quite a lot actually. Feel free to keep asking me questions about my favourite subject - me. LoL :biggrin:

Are you thinking of going into Mental Health?
Reply 6
Original post by Thomb
I'm a mature student ( I won't disclose my exact age for personal reasons). It's a lifelong illness only the symptoms can be eased shall we say and I'm generally quite happy particularly as I've just been writing about my hero King George the Third. I'm on anti psychotic drugs anti depressants and take something for my nerves. Quite a lot actually. Feel free to keep asking me questions about my favourite subject - me. LoL :biggrin:

Are you thinking of going into Mental Health?

i understand dw. we're learning about anti psychotics aswell..atypical and conventional ones right aha. I've always thought of schizophrenia being really scary and negative so i thought anyone with schizophrenia would be down and stuff all the time but wow from talking to you im surprised as you actually seem very well and happy. and ermm im not too sure tbh but i do want to help people and i have an interest in the criminal mind and that sort of stuff
Reply 7
i understand dw. we're learning about anti psychotics aswell..atypical and conventional ones right aha. I've always thought of schizophrenia being really scary and negative so i thought anyone with schizophrenia would be down and stuff all the time but wow from talking to you im surprised as you actually seem very well and happy. and ermm im not too sure tbh but i do want to help people and i have an interest in the criminal mind and that sort of stuff

Criminality is really important to psychology I was confronted by a lot of crime in my past. From the infuriating position of a law circuit dealing drugs so it is impossible to bust. I don't take drugs anymore and I'm pretty anti drugs. To a roda accident when I was a child and loads of violence when I was a teenager.

Schizophrenic episodes are really scary but I have not had one for a few years, I'm fairly stable and thats probably due to a supportive family and mental health team. My psychiatrist has prescribed me loads of drugs and I haven't needed to see a psychologist since my last episode.

I am down I'm flat I don't do much motivation is a big problem. But I keep myself up mentally by doing things I enjoy like DJ'ing sand TSR etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending