The Student Room Group

Bad weather hits UK - will they blame this on Muslims too?

Another load of bad weather hitting the UK this Easter. With the media's current obsession with so-called "Islamic" terrorism, I wouldn't be surprised if they blame this on Muslims too. ::rollseyes::

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
Another load of bad weather hitting the UK this Easter. With the media's current obsession with so-called "Islamic" terrorism, I wouldn't be surprised if they blame this on Muslims too. ::rollseyes::

In answer to the question in the title, no, because no-one's that idiotic.
Reply 2
Naah it's all those Jains and Buddhists innit
:lol:
I think you'll find it's those dang homosexuals!
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie987
I think you'll find it's those dang homosexuals!

Haha yes of course.

People who have a problem with Islamic terrorism are all just a bunch of loony right-wing nut jobs.
>so-called Islamic terrorism
>so-called

Sorry, I forgot it was actually Christians slaughtering innocents in Europe.
Reply 6
I'm Muslim and I'm crying so hard that I caused this storm I'm handing myself in am sooooooooooo sorry :cry:
Islamophobia is very high so I would not be surprised. Before we tackle the so called threat of "Islamic extremism" we need to get to grips with Islamophobia
Original post by Oliver_94
Islamophobia is very high so I would not be surprised. Before we tackle the so called threat of "Islamic extremism" we need to get to grips with Islamophobia

Are you mentally ill?
Reply 9
Is this some attempt at being witty? You've failed miserably.
What has Jihadi John done now? :redface:
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Are you mentally ill?

Are you arguing that Islamophobia is not a threat to society?
Original post by KingBradly
Yeh, exactly. The "so-called" threat of Islamic extremism. What's a few bombs going off or a few rock fans getting gunned down? Everyone needs to just relax.

Extremism and attacks have happened how many times in this country? Yet Islamophobia happens every day. It is clearly the greater threat. And since these terrorist attacks have nothing to do with Islam whatsoever it is not justified to be Islamophobic
the so called threat of "Islamic extremism"

lmao
Are you arguing that Islamophobia is not a threat to society?

I am arguing that 'Islamophobia' is a rational response to take for someone with a sound mind.

Labelling legitimate arguments as a phobia is a petty and cowardly way to debate.
Yes, clearly the proliferation of Islam in the UK has angered the mighty storm god Thor and he is punishing us as a result of allowing our country to succumb to this foreign influence...

Spoiler

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
I am arguing that 'Islamophobia' is a rational response to take for someone with a sound mind.

Labelling legitimate arguments as a phobia is a petty and cowardly way to debate.

How is attacking a peaceful ideology and group in anyway a "rational response". I have studied Islam and I for one can not make any rational link from it to terror attacks.

1. The terrorists are not Muslim
2. Islam only promotes peace and acceptance
3. Muslims were the greatest victims of the attacks (considering the Islamophobia that followed)
How is attacking a peaceful ideology and group in anyway a "rational response". I have studied Islam and I for one can not make any rational link from it to terror attacks.

3. Muslims were the greatest victims of the attacks (considering the Islamophobia that followed)

Islam is not a peaceful ideology. It is barbaric, corrosive and oppressive. If you cannot make such a link one can only conclude you are stupid or biased. Or both.

1. Quoting the Quran? Sounds Muslim to me.
2. Proves you've never even read the Quran. Do your homework.
3. So not the victims or families of the victims who were massacred by Muslim terrorists?

I can only assume you are Muslim yourself. No one else would spout such ignorant vitriol.
Reply 18

This truly is a disgusting comment.

1.These terrorists have committed terrorism in the name of Islam and they personally identify as Muslims, therefore they are Muslims. YOU can't decide whether they are or not.

2. No it really doesn't, Islam condones murder, marital rape, abuse and slavery.

3. The people who died and their families are the greatest victims of the attack you absolute serf. How are a few mean words worse than bereavement you pathetic mongrel?
Reply 19
Yeh lol, that's exactly the kind of craziness one might expect from someone who thinks that all these Islamic terror attacks are a terrible problem (lol its only a couple ppl getting blown up) and that it may be worth considering that Islam as an ideology plays a part in their causation. Why do ppl bother to try and address these attacks like they're real problems anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending