The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leesh12
September, you?x

Feb 2017 intake :smile:
Reply 3401
Original post by ladyspork
Yup! The last interviews were Wednesday so if they're on track you should know soon. I found out on Tuesday evening I have a March 2017 offer for adult nursing :smile: good luck!

ah well done! hopefully i'll be there next year as well haha :smile: when was your interview?
An offer is an offer x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3403
Hey have many people heard back from Ulster university? I heard earlier today
Yup I got an offer along with some others on this site. Heard there was a lot of rejections out too Shabo. Hope u had good news

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=e_llyn;63656031]ah well done! hopefully i'll be there next year as well haha :smile: when was your interview?

7th March, but my friend who interviewed on 26/02 heard she had an offer the same night as me, for the same intake.

So I don't think interview dates have any bearing any more, I've got a friend who interviewed in December for MH waiting to hear back!

What they told me at interview was basically we're all in big piles of scores and these are just divvied up randomly, random intakes as well, and obviously the March 16 intake heard earlier than most Septs/March 17s. From what I've heard on here, supposedly the very highest scores get offers within 5-10 days and then after that the rest go to selection panel.

I don't know how true that is because I got an offer last Tuesday, around a fortnight after interview, and the selection panel was Wednesday? I wouldn't try to find any pattern in acceptances or rejections, it drives you crazy and it all seems to have gone out the window this year, eg if you heard within 5-10 days it used to mean you were rejected! If you haven't heard by 31st, I'd contact them. :smile: Best of luck!
Is there a Facebook group for adult nursing students at UWS?
Anyone up at UWS dumfries on 21st April for testing and that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mrs Hernandez
Is there a Facebook group for adult nursing students at UWS?

Haven't seen one yet x
Reply 3409
Original post by ladyspork
7th March, but my friend who interviewed on 26/02 heard she had an offer the same night as me, for the same intake.

So I don't think interview dates have any bearing any more, I've got a friend who interviewed in December for MH waiting to hear back!

What they told me at interview was basically we're all in big piles of scores and these are just divvied up randomly, random intakes as well, and obviously the March 16 intake heard earlier than most Septs/March 17s. From what I've heard on here, supposedly the very highest scores get offers within 5-10 days and then after that the rest go to selection panel.

I don't know how true that is because I got an offer last Tuesday, around a fortnight after interview, and the selection panel was Wednesday? I wouldn't try to find any pattern in acceptances or rejections, it drives you crazy and it all seems to have gone out the window this year, eg if you heard within 5-10 days it used to mean you were rejected! If you haven't heard by 31st, I'd contact them. :smile: Best of luck!

my interview was 1st feb, so that makes me feel a little better if your friend hasn't heard back and her interview was in december haha! but thank you very much - i'll be sure to ring them if i haven't heard by the 31st :smile:
Any extra advice for Manchester interview for child nursing?
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e_llyn
my interview was 1st feb, so that makes me feel a little better if your friend hasn't heard back and her interview was in december haha! but thank you very much - i'll be sure to ring them if i haven't heard by the 31st :smile:

Don't mean to sound daft but have you checked your UCAS? sometimes an email might be missed. Just a thought, I'm sure you have. Hope you hear soon
Reply 3412
Original post by RascalRach
Don't mean to sound daft but have you checked your UCAS? sometimes an email might be missed. Just a thought, I'm sure you have. Hope you hear soon

yes i've been checking that like five times a day as well as my emails :smile: but thank you anyway!
Original post by e_llyn
yes i've been checking that like five times a day as well as my emails :smile: but thank you anyway!

Aw I feel for you... exactly what I was like! Fingers crossed you hear good news soon. X
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Salford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cazcar19
Me! For Adult Nursing (pgdip)

Congrats me too! 😄😄 I'm just finishing up my APEL (just need it signed by my ward manager).

What are you doing for accommodation or do you live nearby? :smile:
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Stirling (main campus) after interview?
Original post by eilidhr99
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Stirling (main campus) after interview?

Had my interview the 14th March and still waiting now
Original post by Kayley874
Had my interview the 14th March and still waiting now

I had mine 28th January, such a long wait 😩
Original post by eilidhr99
I had mine 28th January, such a long wait 😩

I can't work out how theyr doing it like some people have had offers, some rejections and still waiting with no idea 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending