The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

Apologies for the late one :biggrin:

Again, I didn't do as much as I had hoped but anyways it's something:

I made 49 Q Cards on Geography topic Coasts including transportation, erosion, constructive waves, destructive waves and deposition

I also made more History notes for the test I have on my birthday :s-smilie: (i.e tomorrow)

US Tactics

Low Morale/inexperience

Vietnam's neighbours

'Hearts and minds'

My Lai

Strategies for leaving Vietnam

And learned more of my German, which I also happen to have a test for tomorrow - yay :frown:

:biggrin:
Original post by ladybird29
How do you guys make your revision timetables?

Well it depends on how you work best. You could either plan out everything up until the exams or make checklists and plan out specifically what you will do each day by making a list the night before.

Decide which way you want to do it and I will try and help you :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
yeah I completely agree - I do try to understand it rather than just memorise. the concepts which I have understood have stuck in my brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

good, although there are always some things you just need to know (facts) that you will have to memorise.
Original post by brainzistheword
Well it depends on how you work best. You could either plan out everything up until the exams or make checklists and plan out specifically what you will do each day by making a list the night before.

Decide which way you want to do it and I will try and help you :smile:

I'm currently doing by day. So everyday I plant to do 1 page of a maths work book and P3, B3 & C3 revision each day as I have a test after Easter. As well as either German or French revision each day as I have paragraphs to learn for my FINAL writing assessments after easter!! 🎉

I want to do English past question once or twice a week. And economics revision a few times a week. PRE (philosophy religion and ethics) past paper once a week and same with maths and French and German reading and listening papers.
I'm currently doing by day. So everyday I plant to do 1 page of a maths work book and P3, B3 & C3 revision each day as I have a test after Easter. As well as either German or French revision each day as I have paragraphs to learn for my FINAL writing assessments after easter!! 🎉

I want to do English past question once or twice a week. And economics revision a few times a week. PRE (philosophy religion and ethics) past paper once a week and same with maths and French and German reading and listening papers.

Okay you want to do loads :biggrin: That's great :smile:

I'm also doing my final German writing (tomorrow) so I completely get what you mean.

I would suggest that you look at how much free time you have or print out a blank plan of your week and pencil in any arrangements/plans you have so you know they are taken up.

Then put in the stuff you mentioned above so you get it done and know if you have time. Plan your sessions so that they are a duration you can work with, such as 20 minutes (apart from the past papers ) and schedule breaks of 5-10 minutes and a few longer ones after a few sessions.
UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

I made 49 Q Cards on Geography topic Coasts including transportation, erosion, constructive waves, destructive waves and deposition

I also made more History notes for the test I have on my birthday :s-smilie: (i.e tomorrow)

US Tactics

Low Morale/inexperience

Vietnam's neighbours

'Hearts and minds'

My Lai

And learned more of my German, which I also happen to have a test for tomorrow - yay :frown:

You did a lot 49 cards wow :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
You did a lot 49 cards wow :smile:

Haha thank you - still not enough and I'm gutted I have school tomorrow

:smile:
Haha thank you - still not enough and I'm gutted I have school tomorrow

Aw lol i don't have school until the 10th so i can do a lot of revision Yayy Not :smile:
Today I haven't done much revision because i was out from 11.00 till 14.30 so it's time for me to do some revision now. Plus I am doing English Language so all i have to do is past papers and learn new vocabulary. What are you doing , in terms of revision ?! :smile:

Do you do AQA for science?
Excellent work young apprentices.
UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

US Tactics

Low Morale/inexperience

Vietnam's neighbours

'Hearts and minds'

My Lai

I made the EXACT SAME notes in history as you did, also yesterday. This is weird O.o
Some crazy grades man - well done!
But, how do you get such high marks in science lol
I'm doing the exact same but I can barely scrape an A* if lucky...
Physics is my strongest - I usually get A*s all the time, usually strong A*s.
But, other than that it's tough for me :frown:.
Original post by Trump POTUS
Excellent work young apprentices.

Thank you lol x
Do you do AQA for science?

Yeah I do
Yeah I do

How are you revising for your sciences? I do the exam board as you
Okay you want to do loads :biggrin: That's great :smile:

I'm also doing my final German writing (tomorrow) so I completely get what you mean.

I would suggest that you look at how much free time you have or print out a blank plan of your week and pencil in any arrangements/plans you have so you know they are taken up.

Then put in the stuff you mentioned above so you get it done and know if you have time. Plan your sessions so that they are a duration you can work with, such as 20 minutes (apart from the past papers ) and schedule breaks of 5-10 minutes and a few longer ones after a few sessions.

Great advice thank you so much
How are you revising for your sciences? I do the exam board as you

Sciences probably my biggest weakness, working through practice questions in revision guide and looking up and learning what I don't know
Sciences probably my biggest weakness, working through practice questions in revision guide and looking up and learning what I don't know

:smile: Alright :smile: Have you looked at the specification?
I have but there is some stuff that's not on the textbooks which annoys me because i've never learned it actually tell a lie :smile: We have learnt it but it's really vague :smile:
:smile: Alright :smile: Have you looked at the specification?
I have but there is some stuff that's not on the textbooks which annoys me because i've never learned it actually tell a lie :smile: We have learnt it but it's really vague :smile:

Did you print out the spec ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Did you print out the spec ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no I didn’t I just looked through it on my IPad because there is literally more than 100 pages .Good to hear back from you and it feels like you didn’t update since Friday. How comes? Is something wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending