The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stephannalee
No, believe no-one will hear until tuesday now because of the bank holiday weekend, but I phoned up on thursday asking if we'll hear before the offer day and they said unfortunately some people may not find out about their offers until the 31st. So I wouldn't start panicking yet

Thanks for the info, I genuinely was scared that not finding out in time for the offer day was a hint at a rejection. Good luck, I really hope you get good news x
Original post by Jacqualyn
Thanks for the info, I genuinely was scared that not finding out in time for the offer day was a hint at a rejection. Good luck, I really hope you get good news x

Thanks :smile: they said the offer day dates are set by the uni not the medical school and the medical school has no power to change them and we had the opportunity to see the medical school at interview so they think a lot of people wouldn't attend the offer day anyway if they are from far away. Good luck to you to!!
Thanks :smile: they said the offer day dates are set by the uni not the medical school and the medical school has no power to change them and we had the opportunity to see the medical school at interview so they think a lot of people wouldn't attend the offer day anyway if they are from far away. Good luck to you to!!

Yes, central University and the Medical school are so separate I can see that being the case. There has been one or two issues with offer holder dates from faculty points of view this year. I'm so so desperate to hear already, but I don't know how I'd take the rejection, It's my last shot
Original post by rosepetals12
have they stopped giving out offers?

I nearly cried reading this haha!! I'm still waiting too! Good luck x
Yes, central University and the Medical school are so separate I can see that being the case. There has been one or two issues with offer holder dates from faculty points of view this year. I'm so so desperate to hear already, but I don't know how I'd take the rejection, It's my last shot

Fingers crossed you don't have to figure out what rejection would be like. I feel like I'm in a similar situation waiting on 2 universities but my keele interview was the better of the 2 (I think), so I feel as though if I get rejected from keele i will deffinately get rejected by the other uni, and this is my 2nd time applying so all the more stressful
I thought that Keele and other unis are now in their easter holiday, so they're closed? If so how can they get to us by 31st because that's still in the holiday? :s-smilie:
Keele is a portmanteau of Key and Peele
Original post by academia123
I thought that Keele and other unis are now in their easter holiday, so they're closed? If so how can they get to us by 31st because that's still in the holiday? :s-smilie:

think different departments maybe have different holidays, Im on easter at uni yet still meeting with my project supervisor and stuff over the holidays staff holidays tend to be different than the students
think different departments maybe have different holidays, Im on easter at uni yet still meeting with my project supervisor and stuff over the holidays staff holidays tend to be different than the students

The central university is on easter break but the medical students from 3rd year I think aren't they have exams coming up shortly and then a break. So the medical school admissions team will still be open, and I think generally staff work normal hours during holiday seasons with just bank holidays off.
The central university is on easter break but the medical students from 3rd year I think aren't they have exams coming up shortly and then a break. So the medical school admissions team will still be open, and I think generally staff work normal hours during holiday seasons with just bank holidays off.

Also, the first year medical students at Keele don't break up for Easter until Friday 1st April this year
Original post by Just_a_mum
Also, the first year medical students at Keele don't break up for Easter until Friday 1st April this year

Fair, I wasn't sure as I know my first year medic friend went home for a bit, but I know she's back doing stuff this week.
Fair, I wasn't sure as I know my first year medic friend went home for a bit, but I know she's back doing stuff this week.

They are on their SSC 3 week project, so many have gone/went home for a few days break as some of the work could be written up at home. They have now submitted their written reports and are preparing their presentations of their work for 1st April
It's only two days until offer holders day.. I don't think anymore offers will be given now. :frown:
It's only two days until offer holders day.. I don't think anymore offers will be given now. :frown:

Yeah they will,don't panic. I spoke to admissions on thursday, the offer day is organised by the uni not the med school, the med school has no way of deciding when the offer day is so unfortunately some people will get their offers too late to attend the offer day
Yeah they will,don't panic. I spoke to admissions on thursday, the offer day is organised by the uni not the med school, the med school has no way of deciding when the offer day is so unfortunately some people will get their offers too late to attend the offer day

Ohh okay that's reassuring! :biggrin: Did they say explicitly that there will still be offers given out even on/after offer holders day?
Ohh okay that's reassuring! :biggrin: Did they say explicitly that there will still be offers given out even on/after offer holders day?

No but said they will continue giving offers out next week and everyone will hear either way by the end of march
And 10 minute email observations have begun lol!
Original post by vikingkermit
And 10 minute email observations have begun lol!

I've been refreshing my emails constantly since 9am 😆
Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting to hear :biggrin: . I've been thinking of you all weekend

I'm still waiting for bloody Track to update! (I still applied for my loan over the weekend - it's starting to feel real!!)
Ahh you guys made me panic, thought people had started getting offers!! Im going to go out for a few hours with my mum just to try and get my mind off it, even though I should be doing uni work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending