The Student Room Group

What is husband material?

Scroll to see replies

#InstantlyDisqualified. :rofl2:
Original post by Anonymous
Ultimate1,fam is that you? Why did your account get permabanned? How the arranged marriage going in India,must feel good to be home innit
What degree did man study again?

:toofunny:
these perfect husbands all sound terribly boring.
Not an uptight cocky Londoner who went to Harrow.
A guy who likes to travel, who's ambitious and intelligent, who surprises me. A guy who understands me :h:
Original post by chocolatesauce
do they exist? have you come close, if so what was wrong? what is your criteria?

go! go! go!!!!

I don't discriminate between husband and boyfriend material, but here are the things I value:

Relaxed (one of us has to be!) :P
Kind
Loyal
Uninhibited
Intelligent
Generous

^^ My boyfriends so far had all of the above.
Original post by Hydeman
#InstantlyDisqualified. :rofl2:

Haha

You qualify
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Confirmed men who aren't taking STEM subjects don't know what they're doing and are more likely to cheat.

:colonhash:

No it's not like that at all, engineering and Mathsy stuff is just what I find super attractive and I want to do med so I don't see why asking for STEM is such a big deal :/ it's something I really like.

Original post by queen-bee
Winning!He's also got to be good with children and help out around the house and be at least 6ft,caring,loving,affectionate individual

Yup, personally I'm fine with 5'10, I don't need him to help around the house( unless it's dishes and changing sheets) i can do the rest i just want him to be willing if I'm ill or something , yes last points are important: Id like a man who is intimate but not romantic (?)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xobeauty
Rich
provider
6'2
Muscular
Rich
No tats
No smoking
Hard worker
A lot of money

You mad?

8/8, clearly a crap list if anyone on TSR can make it
Original post by alkaline.
No it's not like that at all, engineering and Mathsy stuff is just what I find super attractive and I want to do med so I don't see why asking for STEM is such a big deal :/ it's something I really like.

Yup, personally I'm fine with 5'10, I don't need him to help around the house( unless it's dishes and changing sheets) i can do the rest i just want him to be willing if I'm ill or something , yes last points are important: Id like a man who is intimate but not romantic (?)

I'm already tall,so would be awkward having a guy the same height as me,so prefer taller tbh.
Yeah,housework isn't that big of a deal but we all need help sometimes. Depends what you mean by romantic? And why not?
I'm already tall,so would be awkward having a guy the same height as me,so prefer taller tbh.
Yeah,housework isn't that big of a deal but we all need help sometimes. Depends what you mean by romantic? And why not?

Aah right, I'm 5'6 so I only want some inches above tbh

I just really like intimacy and romantic guys aren't not my thing at all I find it repulsive actually :/, definately not a gifts or romantic gesture type person, I just prefer someone showing concern for me, giving me their specific attention and being extremely intimate with me.

I think my "love languages" are acts of service, physical touch & quality time. N yeah I hate movie romance also....wbu?
Original post by alkaline.
Aah right, I'm 5'6 so I only want some inches above tbh

I just really like intimacy and romantic guys aren't not my thing at all I find it repulsive actually :/, definately not a gifts or romantic gesture type person, I just prefer someone showing concern for me, giving me their specific attention and being extremely intimate with me.

I think my "love languages" are acts of service, physical touch & quality time. N yeah I hate movie romance also....wbu?

So if your man bought you a gift,you wouldn't accept it?
It's nice those having someone who means a lot to you buying you stuff and also doing things that don't require me
I thought Hollywood hugely exaggerates everything tbh,some people end up becoming deluded and upset when their life doesn't pan out like a Hollywood love story
Some of us don't want to marry that late therefore the guy is most likely still going to be in uni especially if he's older than us

So if your man bought you a gift,you wouldn't accept it?
It's nice those having someone who means a lot to you buying you stuff and also doing things that don't require me
I thought Hollywood hugely exaggerates everything tbh,some people end up becoming deluded and upset when their life doesn't pan out like a Hollywood love story

No id accept it but I'd just be like okay thanks I'd find it very difficult to react properly cause no offence if it's a bunch of roses it doesn't mean anything to me. this happens when my dad sometimes brings random stuff home for me I feel bad because I really don't care unless it's like a special pen or something.

The times I'd buy him things would be for example if I saw a really nice hoodie and I wanted him to have one or like if he genuinely needs something. I'm not gonna force buy like valentines if I can't find anything sincere to get him I just won't buy stuff like I wouldn't expect him to get offended there are other things you can do anyway but I noticed some girls are really hooked on "omg you didn't get me anything"

Lmao yea I feel sorry for people that think that's real :/
idk tbh med degree is 5/6 years whereas eg. engineering is 3, so he'd be done before me anyway. I thought STEM degrees from a good uni had good job prospects though? Also, med is like guaranteed job for the first 2 years after uni.

As a muslim, i'd say if you've already found the guy you want to marry, why wait so long? The chances of zina increase majorly and personally I'd want to be able to properly support him whilst he's going through uni not just be with him after he's done the hard bit by himself and achieved everything, since you can't be in a proper relationship outside of marriage in Islam.

If it wasn't for this then yeah I'd basically do what you said in that last paragraph. I definitely don't want children before 25 anyway *hopefully* lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
For me personally -

Loyal and faithful
Funny and isn't easily offended
Isn't religious
Open minded and good to talk to or debate with
Doesn't want to have children
Is an animal person and is especially fine with cats and doesn't mind them being on the bed with us
Helps me with my health, especially on bad days. I don't expect him to be my full on carer but expect help if I need it
Same interest as me with films, games, music etc
Doesn't do drugs - I don't mind drink and weed occasionally but not anything above that

Thankfully, I've found my future hubby and we're planning to get married in 2018 :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yellow 03
I don't discriminate between husband and boyfriend material, but here are the things I value:

Relaxed (one of us has to be!) :P
Kind
Loyal
Uninhibited
Intelligent
Generous

^^ My boyfriends so far had all of the above.

aren't you a lucky lady! whos the relaxed one?
Original post by Foo.mp3
An attractive, manly man of principle who sets great store by love, duty, and integrity. Nothing more, nothing less

Bolded are BS and clearly don't apply to your own set of criteria/personal record queen-bee :rolleyes:

Can probably count the number of guys out there who fit the following criteria on one hand: dominant + highly sexed yet responsible, T-total, monogamous, quasi-virgins :laugh:

LOL at that queenbee, he has a point.

underlined bit: well if I am, I can expect the guy to be, right? I'm not holding any double standards here.
Original post by Foo.mp3
An attractive, loving, yet manly man of principle who sets great store by duty and integrity. Nothing more, nothing less

Bolded are BS, not to mention incompatible, and clearly don't apply to your own set of criteria/personal record queen-bee :rolleyes:

Spoiler

I know,what can I say? I think doing A stem subject and never going to clubbing and having only slept with one women is abit too demanding,highly unlikely to find such guys.
Both my ex's were the exact opposite :rolleyes: one can only dream
Original post by chocolatesauce
aren't you a lucky lady! whos the relaxed one?

Not me! :tongue: That's the thing, I am generally a worrier, so it's good to be with someone who remains cool under pressure or in the face of the unexpected.
Original post by Ishea16
no weed
good with kids
kind hearted
able to uphold responsibilities
good tempered
patient
gentle with his words
no sidechicks:colonhash:

i read this as gentle with his swords lol

Quick Reply

Latest