The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackpalmer1996
Don't worry if you haven't and others have, there's still plenty of time until the exam! Loads of cramming to do :smile:
Best of luck!!!

Thank you 😄 you just made me feel better
Reply 861
Good luck guys
Reply 862
Any new C3/4 crash maths papers yet ?
Reply 863
hey I need help with JAN IAL C34 question 4 im stuck on it
Reply 864
Is there a thread for C3???
Reply 865
and how is everyone revising for maths? just practice? is that the only thing i can do?
Original post by imran_
hey I need help with JAN IAL C34 question 4 im stuck on it

yeah?

What are you stuck on? the limits becomes 00 \, and π3\frac{\pi}{3} your dxdu=cosθ\frac{\mathrm{d}x}{\mathrm{d}u} = \cos \theta so your integral is transformed into:

Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle [br]\begin{equation*}\int_0^{\pi/3} \frac{\cos \theta}{2\sqrt{1-\sin^2 \theta}} \, \mathrm{d}\theta\end{equation*}

Now just use the fact that 1sin2θ=cos2θ=\sqrt{1-\sin^2 \theta} = \sqrt{\cos^2 \theta} = \cdots
Reply 871
Original post by Zacken
What are you stuck on? the limits becomes 00 \, and π3\frac{\pi}{3} your dxdu=cosθ\frac{\mathrm{d}x}{\mathrm{d}u} = \cos \theta so your integral is transformed into:

Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle [br]\begin{equation*}\int_0^{\pi/3} \frac{\cos \theta}{2\sqrt{1-\sin^2 \theta}} \, \mathrm{d}\theta\end{equation*}

Now just use the fact that 1sin2θ=cos2θ=\sqrt{1-\sin^2 \theta} = \sqrt{\cos^2 \theta} = \cdots

what happens to the power 3/2
Original post by imran_
what happens to the power 3/2

Aye, sorry I mis-read that as 12\frac{1}{2} because I'm blind. We have that (1sin2θ)3/2=1sin2θ(1sin2θ)(1-\sin^2 \theta)^{3/2} = \sqrt{1-\sin^2 \theta}(1- \sin^2 \theta) by indices laws, so your integrand is:

cosθ21sin2θ(1sin2θ)=cosθ2cosθcos2θ\displaystyle \frac{\cos \theta}{2\sqrt{1-\sin^2 \theta}(1-\sin^2 \theta)} = \frac{\cos \theta}{2\cos \theta \cos^2 \theta}
Original post by SSD07
and how is everyone revising for maths? just practice? is that the only thing i can do?

Pretty much all I'm doing, just loads and loads of past papers and exam questions, the solomon papers are great for the tougher questions if you're aiming for A/A* !

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c4-solomon/

Good luck!
Is anyone else finding the Solomon papers for c3 easier than the actual edexcel pprs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Severely stuck on method for C4 June 2014 (R) Q7 integration, any help?
Original post by Jacob2215

Link the paper? Cba to go find it rn
Original post by Jacob2215

Have you seperated the variables?
Put the functions of t on one side(right side preferably) and N on Left side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Have you seperated the variables?
Put the functions of t on one side(right side preferably) and N on Left side.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think i see what I'm doing now, cheers cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending