The Student Room Group

Maths c4 help

question ii.c.
P= (4cos theta, 3sin theta) O is the origin (0,0)
this is what I have done so far but im not sure how to continue or whether what i have done is correct.
EPSON009 (1).jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
You haven't even shown us the full question...
Also your working is very hard to read
Reply 5
EPSON016.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 6
EPSON013 (1).jpg
Reply 7
Reply 8

Dude... that's still not the full question.
Original post by kevvvvvv
question ii.c.
P= (4cos theta, 3sin theta) O is the origin (0,0)
this is what I have done so far but im not sure how to continue or whether what i have done is correct.

You're pretty much there aren't you? You've worked out the gradient of the line OU; you've worked out the gradient of the tangent at P (you don't need the full equation of this tangent, just the gradient). Now set them equal to see when they are parallel.
Reply 10
Original post by Zacken
Dude... that's still not the full question.

it is the full question what are you smoking. the diagram for the question was at the end of one page and the questions related to it where at the start of the next page thats why theres two diff attachments for the whole question. and even if the whole question isnt there u dont need anything from the previous questions.
Reply 11
Original post by Gregorius
You're pretty much there aren't you? You've worked out the gradient of the line OU; you've worked out the gradient of the tangent at P (you don't need the full equation of this tangent, just the gradient). Now set them equal to see when they are parallel.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest