The Student Room Group

I'm a non Muslim and I don't see why the UK becoming Islamic is bad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MildredMalone
If you're left-leaning, why would you like islam? Nearly everything about it is right wing.

Islam teaches equality, as left leaning politics teaches that too, it makes sense to support it? And last time I checked anti-Islam attitudes were an aspect of the right and nothing to do with the left. Try again.
Original post by Oliver_94
So I ask again what is wrong with the U.K. being governed by Islamic law?

Read the Koran 5:32-38, then come back and tell me you think atheists should be treated according to what you read.
Islam teaches equality, as left leaning politics teaches that too.

Unless you're a woman, gay, or non-muslim.
Islam teaches equality

Read the Koran 5:34, and come back and tell me whether you think women are treated equally to men.

I'll give you a clue: its starts off with Men have authority over women.
Becoming 'Islamic' means saying goodbye to freedom, democracy and equality.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EricPiphany

Huh :dontknow:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Huh :dontknow:

Funny baby picture. You're welcome.
Anybody having a touch time understanding whether islam is violent or not just listen to the first 4 minutes of this lecture to clear your thoughts up a little :smile:

http://youtu.be/del_4z5d-BY
I see a lot of talk about Islam taking over and I for one do not see why that is bad.

A little background on me. I'm in my early 20s, university education up to masters, live in Birmingham, always been an atheist, identify as left leaning politically and I vote for Labour. I have a job in the IT department of a medium business and I'm white British.

So whether all that matters I don't know but it's there nonetheless. So as said, I don't see how the UK become majority Islamic under the law of Islam is bad? I have read the Quran before (I have religious curiosity but no belief) and it promoted nothing but peace, acceptance, love and tolerance. And all Muslims fit these values as we have seen. So I ask again what is wrong with the U.K. being governed by Islamic law? I want actual reasons rather than bigotry.

First off, if you are not joking, you should be ashamed of yourself. No matter where you are from, you value your national pride and heritage. The men and women of our country fought in WW1 and WW2 so you could live a free, peaceful life. Islam outlaws freedom, and demands that everyone abide by it or face the consequences (which are in some countries, slow and painful death).
But I'm actually not Muslim, I will say something haram if you want me to.

I don't, I don't think Allah exists. Never have, never will, but I still respect the teachings

"I will say something haraam if u want me to"
Lol what even

Original post by South_Coast
First off, if you are not joking, you should be ashamed of yourself. No matter where you are from, you value your national pride and heritage. The men and women of our country fought in WW1 and WW2 so you could live a free, peaceful life. Islam outlaws freedom, and demands that everyone abide by it or face the consequences (which are in some countries, slow and painful death).

As if Muslims didn't fight in the world wars .....
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by South_Coast

Just shut it. Islam has brought so much to our multicultural society. It has enriched the lives of many and I will not turn my back on it because of some false terrorists who have been called Muslim when indeed they are not
Reply 31
Original post by NickLCFC
Becoming 'Islamic' means saying goodbye to freedom, democracy and equality.

If you actually understood Islam you would know it is a supporter of those.
Reply 32
Just shut it. Islam has brought so much to our multicultural society. It has enriched the lives of many and I will not turn my back on it because of some false terrorists who have been called Muslim when indeed they are not

Oliver...how can you still pretend to believe that the countless terrorist attacks across the Middle East and Africa and the recent ones in Europe are just attacks by random groups of insane individuals who are just using Islam as way to justify their murderous acts?

These terrorists aren't murdering and maiming people and then saying "Oh well I did it because of Islam or something". They are ONLY doing it because they are interpreting Islamic scripture (correctly or incorrectly).

No one is killing in this way in the name of Christianity or the Simpsons or Tescos. Islam is the only factor uniting these attacks.
Reply 33
Guys, it's clear he's trolling

"And as we've seen ALL Muslims fit this criteria of tolerance, love etc." Gives it away pretty much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Roofas
Oliver...how can you still pretend to believe that the countless terrorist attacks across the Middle East and Africa and the recent ones in Europe are just attacks by random groups of insane individuals who are just using Islam as way to justify their murderous acts?

These terrorists aren't murdering and maiming people and then saying "Oh well I did it because of Islam or something". They are ONLY doing it because they are interpreting Islamic scripture (correctly or incorrectly).

No one is killing in this way in the name of Christianity or the Simpsons or Tescos. Islam is the only factor uniting these attacks.

You say that but if I was an unattractive,unintelligent,belligerent,young man with swarthy looks, no job prospects,living far from where my heart is and sex starved and I felt like committing suicide and taking a few people along with me I'd be inclined to say I did it in the name of Islam.

Apart from anything else,someone who hated society would want to do something that causes one large group to distrust and even hate another.

Plus claiming I did it in the name of Christianity or most other reasons would make me look silly.

(Of course in America young disaffected males have shot dozens of school pupils when they felt this way.)
(edited 8 years ago)
As i've said on numerous occasions adopting elements of the Sharia would tackle all the current issues of the day including out of control crime, town centre violence/decay, the NHS, teen/single mothers, broken homes/divorce, undereducation, nutrition, health, venereal disease...even the banking crisis (created by the jewish fixation on credit/interest based banking) would all be helped by the deep cleaning action of Islamic law.
I see a lot of talk about Islam taking over and I for one do not see why that is bad.

A little background on me. I'm in my early 20s, university education up to masters, live in Birmingham, always been an atheist, identify as left leaning politically and I vote for Labour. I have a job in the IT department of a medium business and I'm white British.

So whether all that matters I don't know but it's there nonetheless. So as said, I don't see how the UK become majority Islamic under the law of Islam is bad? I have read the Quran before (I have religious curiosity but no belief) and it promoted nothing but peace, acceptance, love and tolerance. And all Muslims fit these values as we have seen. So I ask again what is wrong with the U.K. being governed by Islamic law? I want actual reasons rather than bigotry.

You are a troll and should and be taken seriously
Reply 37
Original post by EccentricDiamond
You are a troll and should and be taken seriously

I urge you to read the post above yours
Original post by Biryani007
Sharon law is very dangerous...there'll be an influx of muslamic ray guns on british streets. If you are struck down by one you start speaking muslim and your skin colour becomes islamic :eek:

You wouldn't want that :afraid:

This "Muslamic ray guns" thing is tiresome because the guy you're quoting and mocking actually said "Muslamic rape gangs", in reference to the thousands of children getting raped, pimped out and trafficked in places like Rotherham, Rochdale, Derby, Oxford etc (but you knew that) so you're actually making a joke about that. Stay classy....
Well al_94, sorry I mean "Oliver_94", you should know how countries with near-completely Muslim populations treat atheists like yourself. So you're either a troll or a cuckhold lol. Pick one.

Though given that the poster I strongly suspect you actually are - al_94 - once posted a video on here from Al Qaeda's ex media propoganda officer espousing the benefits of a caliphate, it's insurprising you've made this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending