The Student Room Group

How much revision during easter per day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Lol, that was me at the start but now i've got a lot more serious and i am a little motivated . Tbh it's a shock so i decided to do 9 hours and it's actually working.
Some people that i know from tsr did like 11-12 hours and it motivated me a lot.
On tsr there's a thread where we all update what we have done each day and some of us would have done small amounts and others huge amounts. From there we get motivated a lot. :smile: :u:

Do you revise for 9 hours on school day too? If not how much do you do on normal school days? :colondollar:
Original post by 11lmizo
Do you revise for 9 hours on school day too? If not how much do you do on normal school days? :colondollar:

Oh no!! I only do 2-3 hours or maybe 3-4. I can never do 9 hours , if i did 9 hours i would be staying up all night which i cannot do to save my life haha 😂😂
Reply 102
Oh no!! I only do 2-3 hours or maybe 3-4. I can never do 9 hours , if i did 9 hours i would be staying up all night which i cannot do to save my life haha 😂😂

What time do you start revising during the day and what time do you end? How long are your breaks when planning to do 9hrs of revision a day?
I'm aiming for all A*'s and I'm doing 3-4 hours per day, which will become 4-5 hours during exam season.

Oh so your just doing during the Easter holiday?
Original post by 11lmizo
Oh so your just doing during the Easter holiday?

Yup :smile: Obviously
What did you think :smile:
Original post by davist
What time do you start revising during the day and what time do you end? How long are your breaks when planning to do 9hrs of revision a day?

I start at 9.00 and finish at around 8 or 7 but this exceeds most of the time.
In terms of breaks i do 20 mins then a break or an hour then 5 minutes of break :smile:
What about you ?
Reply 107
I start at 9.00 and finish at around 8 or 7 but this exceeds most of the time.
In terms of breaks i do 20 mins then a break or an hour then 5 minutes of break :smile:
What about you ?

I start at around 11am with 40 minutes of revision sessions and 30 minutes break after each session continuously throughout the day until 6pm. I wish I could manage 9hrs of daily revision :smile:. Have you perhaps started late on your revision to be doing such long hours?
Original post by davist
I start at around 11am with 40 minutes of revision sessions and 30 minutes break after each session continuously throughout the day until 6pm. I wish I could manage 9hrs of daily revision :smile:. Have you perhaps started late on your revision to be doing such long hours?

If i start late then i just carry on with my revision and sometimes it's not 9 hours so i have to work till 22.30 but that's rarely :smile: However i won't revise for like hours and hours and not sleep. i can't even imagine myself doing that :smile: :smile: What about you ?
I've being doing about 4 hours per day with breaks little and often. I try to maintain a balance of revision and social hours otherwise I become stressed and it isn't too good on your health if you 'over work'.
Aiming for all A*s at iGSE. First exam on May 3rd. Done around 3 hours a day so far but gonna do 8-10 hours a day from tomorrow for the rest of the holidays (been busy recently hence little revision). Aim is to learn everything by end of easter then have 2-3 weeks to do practise papers. What do you guys think? Is this enough revision for all A*s? Remember, there is no coursework, its all on the day of the exam!!!! Cheers :tongue:

Btw, anyone got any French tips? IGCSE CIE btw...
Original post by oli19919
Aiming for all A*s at iGSE. First exam on May 3rd. Done around 3 hours a day so far but gonna do 8-10 hours a day from tomorrow for the rest of the holidays (been busy recently hence little revision). Aim is to learn everything by end of easter then have 2-3 weeks to do practise papers. What do you guys think? Is this enough revision for all A*s? Remember, there is no coursework, its all on the day of the exam!!!! Cheers :tongue:

For French:
I've been doing lots of past papers which are useful.
In terms of learning/revising vocabulary you should definitely get the app 'Memrise'. You can download french courses to learn vocabulary. I've been learning 5 words every day from the Edexcel GCSE French Vocabulary list.
Likewise you could try the app 'Quizlet' where you can create your own vocal lists with words your struggling with or do not know.
Hope this helps!!
Chill guys, I am pretty sure the person meant 9 minutes not hours
I try doing two hours in the morning with regular breaks in between and then two hours in the evening and maybe an hour at night. I say "try" but my motivation seems to be lacking for some reason.
Original post by RaptorStar
Chill guys, I am pretty sure the person meant 9 minutes not hours

The person meant 9 hours :smile: Lol
Original post by hope2311
I try doing two hours in the morning with regular breaks in between and then two hours in the evening and maybe an hour at night. I say "try" but my motivation seems to be lacking for some reason.

I mean motivation is the thing that annoys and anger everyone. I wasn't motivated for like a couple of weeks until i actually thought about it the results and etc :smile:
Original post by oli19919

:smile: Well done and yes i am sure :smile: Just keep working hard :smile:
I do about 3/4 hours. 9 hours is way too much!
I mean motivation is the thing that annoys and anger everyone. I wasn't motivated for like a couple of weeks until i actually thought about it the results and etc :smile:

I think that the reason I got good results last time was because my parents bribing me half the time. Well I call it bribing, they call it "compromising". :wink:
Original post by hope2311
I think that the reason I got good results last time was because my parents bribing me half the time. Well I call it bribing, they call it "compromising". :wink:

:smile: Lol x

Quick Reply

Latest