The Student Room Group

which laptop?

I am going to start university in September to study medicine. Which laptop should I invest in? Any help appreciated

Scroll to see replies

a Macbook would be your best bet but it's not cheap
Reply 2
Depends really check software compatibility with a mac before buying. Although you can always boot a mac with windows oc.
Reply 3
Macbook Pro 13 probably. :wink:
A laptop with Windows as your OS is your best bet for compatibility with software. A lot of people invest in apple products but their completely over rated, personally i wouldn't go for an apple product unless it's a cheap price (addimitingly they do have a nice UI and run smoothly but so overpriced)
Reply 5
Whatever you get make sure you have enough RAM I only have four GB and it doesn't run so smooth as it should.
Reply 6
Thank you so much everyone :smile:
Reply 7
Apple products are incredible like the macbook air!!! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by woopwoop1
I am going to start university in September to study medicine. Which laptop should I invest in? Any help appreciated

Personally, thumbs down to the macbook. But that's just preference.

How much you looking at spending?
Reply 9
Original post by Alisha07
Apple products are incredible like the macbook air!!! :smile:

What's so good about an Air?
Original post by Thomb
What's so good about an Air?

It's super fast, easy to use and very light to carry round in lectures etc!
A macbook isn't worth the money unless you're going to study creative arts or a degree which requires one.
I have one myself, and the only reason why is because it was required by the school when I went to college. However, Adobe programs does run a lot more smoothly on a macbook... I have had multiple windows laptops, and before I got my macbook, my desktop pc was my go-to when using Adobe. But I still do most of my gaming on the desktop (obviously).
If you're going to game a lot, then don't get a macbook. They're not fit for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vonbroten
my stationary

?

You mean a desktop, I presume?
Reply 13
I currently use a 15 inch Macbook pro and I must say it is amazing.

You could go for that or a Lenovo. Both are great for University due to the amazing interface.

Hope it helps.
Original post by Alexion
?

You mean a desktop, I presume?

HAHA yes oops. English is not my native language. I must've directly translated the word we use for a desktop comp.
Original post by vonbroten
HAHA yes oops. English is not my native language. I must've directly translated the word we use for a desktop comp.

Ah, I see :cute:
Reply 16
Original post by Alisha07
It's super fast, easy to use and very light to carry round in lectures etc!

What about power though I mean can it handle mega programmes that use lots of memory and need to run fast?
Reply 17
about 600

Original post by Alexion
Personally, thumbs down to the macbook. But that's just preference.

How much you looking at spending?
Reply 18
I don't mind spending more if its amazing

about 600
about 600

I don't mind spending more if its amazing

Are you aware of any software that you'll need specifically for the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending