The Student Room Group

How Do You Feel About Men Wearing MakeUp?

Scroll to see replies

men in general couldn't care less.

my man - LOL NO! eyeliner on the waterline is fine, nothing more than that.
Original post by Thomb
I have and I like it. :biggrin:

If its done well and doesn't look like an a TOWIE job then its okay :biggrin: Thinking about doing it full time?
Reply 22
Original post by Amellia123
If its done well and doesn't look like an a TOWIE job then its okay :biggrin: Thinking about doing it full time?

No I liked it but I don't know I'm to self conscious.
Reply 23
Original post by Leviathan1741
Yeah, everyone likes different things. And I think we've all done that at one point or another :tongue:

What wearing eye-liner?:mute:

Nah I never tried eye-liner, but I have been tempted to try it out ever since I saw some guys pull off the look really well. But then again some narrow minded people might start thinking I am "gay", so that always stops me.
Original post by Jameel.n

Nah I never tried eye-liner, but I have been tempted to try it out ever since I saw some guys pull off the look really well. But then again some narrow minded people might start thinking I am "gay", so that always stops me.

No haha, I meant covering up blemishes. To be fair, if anyone has a problem with you wearing eyeliner, then that is their issue, not yours. Don't let the potential opinions of a few put you off :smile:
They should do whatever makes them happy! :biggrin:
I love it! Make up is not gendered!! Free yourself from the gender stereotypes!!!!!!

Who cares what others think?
Reply 28
Original post by alkaline.
men in general couldn't care less.

my man - LOL NO! eyeliner on the waterline is fine, nothing more than that.

hi
Reply 29
Do they?
I never knew some did.
Original post by PikahBoo
hi

hey (?)

EXAMPLE: zayn wearing kohl/surma/kajal on his lower waterline
Reply 31
Original post by Leviathan1741
No haha, I meant covering up blemishes. To be fair, if anyone has a problem with you wearing eyeliner, then that is their issue, not yours. Don't let the potential opinions of a few put you off :smile:

Yeah you are right, I should not pay attention to the opinions of a few insignificant people. But I might try it out though.:tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by loveleest
Who cares what others think?

Yeah I agree. But what would you think if you saw a straight dude wearing eye-liner, you'd instantly think his a bit fruity. Wouldn't you?:eyeball:
Original post by aarora
I personally think that men who wear make up look slightly creepy. I also find it a bit weird when I see guys working at a make up counter it's just a bit odd IMO.

It's a job, idk what you find weird about it at all, the job market isn't that great at the moment, and power to them if they have a job, and it puts food on their table, pays the rent and heating bills.

As for the main topic of discussion. Make up is not gendered at all, and anyone can make the choice to use or not use make up and it be okay, be it a full on job with eye liner, lipstick ect or just a bit of concealer, it is their decision to make.
Reply 34
Original post by alkaline.
hey (?)

EXAMPLE: zayn wearing kohl/surma/kajal on his lower waterline

The eyeliner looks good but the lipstick. nah?
Yeah I agree. But what would you think if you saw a straight dude wearing eye-liner, you'd instantly think his a bit fruity. Wouldn't you?:eyeball:

I'd think "good for him feeling able to wear make up in a society still divided along unnecessary and harmful gender divides, and boy does he pull it off well"

"fruity":rofl:

I'd think he is a little bit feminine, but who cares? lol
Reply 37
Original post by Foo.mp3
Only really find it acceptable if demanded by your employer e.g. models/presenters/actors (vanity, no homo, etc) :curious:

What about in a social setting i.e.. not at work?
the times are continuously changing and so are social expectations. if you're happy doing it, go for it. why should women be accepted when dressing themselves a lil masculine-ly (not a word but yaknow) if guys can't do the same vice versa? you wear that liner with pride dude :biggrin:
Original post by Thomb
No I liked it but I don't know I'm to self conscious.

Well check this then;

Cant even tell he's wearing it in the first one!!

Quick Reply

Latest