The Student Room Group

Weird revision method

I used to make lots of notes but now instead i just wright key words and definitions ect on scrap paper and just keep repeating. It worked really well for a day,but then after it got really boring and my hand started to ache.
Does anyone know any fun effective revision techniques?
Reply 1
Original post by I'm-so-screwed
I used to make lots of notes but now instead i just wright key words and definitions ect on scrap paper and just keep repeating. It worked really well for a day,but then after it got really boring and my hand started to ache.

"Fun revision techniques" is an oxymoron. :tongue:

If mind maps aren't for you*, try making a simple website with all of your notes on (use Wix) or Quizlet for learning short facts and definitions.

*I thought they weren't for me, but then I bought a massive whiteboard. They are now for me.

depends mainly on what type of learner you are, i think. i'm a visual learner so i like to make posters and stick them up in my room using lots of different colours and highlighters and post-it notes etc. if you're an auditory learner [learn by listening to things] you could try recording your notes and listening to them or if you're a kinetic learner [learn by phyiscally doing things] you could try getting a magnetic whiteboard and do what i do -- make magnets of the definitions and the words and then try to match them up on the whiteboard. or just use good old fashioned paper and pen to do the same thing.

it's whatever works best for you. i reccomend doing this test
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjK1rfv7-PLAhWGdpoKHec6D20QFggiMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.humanmetrics.com%2Fcgi-win%2Fjtypes2.asp&usg=AFQjCNHT3ZrFVP4mvqpDT07FSwAkyn7Fyg&sig2=uKodRFMmBuGftZ-DQWyaog&bvm=bv.117868183,d.ZWU

and then seeing which studying method correlates with your personality type.

hope this helps~

Maybe try singing your notes, maybe to a catchy tune?
Also try teaching a topic to someone
Ok I'll definitely try this, thanks everyone for all the help and advice.

Quick Reply

Latest