The Student Room Group

Is the jump too big and unmanageable! READ INSIDE!

Hey guys so I'm going to sixth form this year and I want to do English Language but I'm currently doing the foundation version (AQA) for GCSE, is there too much of a big step up if I choose it for a level? I really enjoy it! But don't want to choose something out of my reach 😣!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Haliem
Hey guys so I'm going to sixth form this year and I want to do English Language but I'm currently doing the foundation version (AQA) for GCSE, is there too much of a big step up if I choose it for a level? I really enjoy it! But don't want to choose something out of my reach 😣!

I ve not heard of many places that accept Cs for any levels so it might be a bit of a jump
hey

Spoiler

most sixth forms should let you resit English language a level if you want to do it at a level :smile:, but they might be hesitant (if they're strict but this is unlikely), you'll probably need to resit on the higher gcse paper and November resit paper to get that B grade or higher (you might need to pay for the paper though or apply as an external candidate) I reckon you'd be in with a very good chance, b/c your english literature grade was very good :smile:
see if there's any taster sessions for english language, or take it and see how it goes when you start as most sixth forms will allow you to change subjects if you don't like them.

Quick Reply

Latest