The Student Room Group

A scenario that will stretch your moral boundaries.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
He stated 4 and 6. 4 is below nursery O.o and 6 is year 1. Bit weird with him saying that they doing well academically.

You can go to nursery from a few months old, so 4 isn't below nursery. Most people start school at 4 and leave nursery beforehand. 6 could be year 2(42% chance at this time of year). It is strange saying that they are doing well academically.
Original post by thefatone
1 factor isn't enough to make me a bad person because it doesn't carry enough weight of "wrongness" i.e. doing drugs and wasting time are both wrong but which one is "wronger"? well doing drugs is obviously worse than wasting time.

Why? You can't just state that one is more wrong without any explanation lmfao.
Reply 82
thing is the girl in uni knows what is right and still chooses to do drugs which isn't something i'd look up to but she has the choice to do what she wants but she's fully capable and knows what she does.
the guy however doesn't really know right from wrong and hasn't developed a sense of morality because all he knows in his earlier life is abuse and pain so he'll do that to others so it make him feel better at the end of the day.

i'm not fighting my argument on the grounds of what is worse i'm fighting on who is not as wrong as the others.

Are you serious?

You're saying he doesn't know that beating up his pregnant girlfriend is wrong?
Reply 83
1 factor isn't enough to make me a bad person because it doesn't carry enough weight of "wrongness" i.e. doing drugs and wasting time are both wrong but which one is "wronger"? well doing drugs is obviously worse than wasting time.

Why is doing drugs wrong?
Sally just coz' she just needs to step back in line, if not they all can die
Sally or Sukdev. Sally because she can easily turn her life around and Sukhdev just for his childrens sake but i think Im going to go with Sally because Sukhdev seems quite careless with regards to his family and other people in his life
Original post by Tabstercat
Why? You can't just state that one is more wrong without any explanation lmfao.

seriously? drugs you waste your life and body
time you waste life that's it
drugs are much harder to come off compared to stop time wasting
Original post by datmofo
Are you serious?

You're saying he doesn't know that beating up his pregnant girlfriend is wrong?

you seriously don't get it do you?
he does know it's wrong however he's less(let's say responsible for his actions) compared to others. i'm applying justice while you're applying equality
what i'm trying to say by saving john here is that so he gets an equal opportunity just like everyone else, he needs the most help compared to others that's why i've picked him, the others all have had a chance but there's someone worse off than them.
Original post by datmofo
Why is doing drugs wrong?

again with drugs wasting away your body and life
why would you willingly degrade your body and slowly kill yourself? plus your paying to do it aswell via the use of drugs? what's the point? if you want to kill yourself that much i'll just let the train run over you then:colonhash:
I picked Sukhdev because I thought of the kids. Slightly regretful of my choice after seeing the other posts having very reasonable arguments for Sally and John :frown:
Reply 88
you seriously don't get it do you?
he does know it's wrong however he's less(let's say responsible for his actions) compared to others. i'm applying justice while you're applying equality
what i'm trying to say by saving john here is that so he gets an equal opportunity just like everyone else, he needs the most help compared to others that's why i've picked him, the others all have had a chance but there's someone worse off than them.

The others are doing far more trivial crimes though. Beating up your pregnant girlfriend is FAR worse than taking drugs. If John and Sally were both drug addicts, I'd agree with you that John is less at fault.

Also are you not thinking of Johns girlfriend and unborn child who will suffer more as a result of John being alive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by datmofo
The others are doing far more trivial crimes though. Beating up your pregnant girlfriend is FAR worse than taking drugs. If John and Sally were both drug addicts, I'd agree with you that John is less at fault.

Also are you not thinking of Johns girlfriend and unborn child who will suffer more as a result of John being alive.

exactly which is why i choose john so i can help him because he needs the most help. so what? you're gonna save someone who needs less help than others? so if there was someone who had no meal for the night and someone who hadn't eaten for a few weeks you're telling me you'd feed the person who had no meal for the night?
John is beyond help, so definitely not him. It's out of Sally and Sukhdev.

Sally: She hasn't directly harmed anyone; she can redeem herself and still become successful, if she goes to rehab. However, she is addicted to one of the worst drugs out there; heroin is physically addictive so it will be very hard to kick the habit.

Sukhdev: Has a family depending on him. His children are young, and his wife has depression; this could potentially make the wife's condition worse, which could mean she is unable to look after the children. Dead father + a mother with depression = bad scenario for the children.

I choose Suckdev because he has people depending on him
Sally's not going anywhere in life due to her drug problems, has no children and doesn't speak to her family anyway.

Sukhdev has two young children and is a hard working business man. Looks like some dodgy fraudulent behaviour is involved there, but what business isn't that true of? He's clearly a hard worker as he spends so much of his time away from home. His wife has been diagnosed with depression and his death could tip her over the damage and be hugely detrimental to their children. I don't get the relevance of not supporting Lucy, just because he had sex with her doesn't mean he has any obligations to find her a ****ing house several months later.

Whilst I empathise with John's childhood troubles, that's not an excuse for him to assault his pregnant gf. He's an utter **** that is contributing nothing to society but violence and misery. Although his gf is pregnant, even if the baby survives his assault it is extremely unlikely that he would have anything positive to contribute to his/her life anyway.

Therefore, I would save Sukhdev.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Christ Redeems
Sally's not going anywhere in life due to her drug problems, has no children and doesn't speak to her family anyway.

Sukhdev has two young children and is a hard working business man. Looks like some dodgy fraudulent behaviour is involved there, but what business isn't that true of? He's clearly a hard worker as he spends so much of his time away from home. His wife has been diagnosed with depression and his death could tip her over the damage and be hugely detrimental to their children. I don't get the relevance of not supporting Lucy, just because he had sex with her doesn't mean he has any obligations to find her a ****ing house several months later.

Whilst I empathise with John's childhood troubles, that's not an excuse for him to assault his pregnant gf. He's an utter **** that is contributing nothing to society but violence and misery. Although his gf is pregnant, even if the baby survives his assault it is extremely unlikely that he would have anything positive to contribute to his/her life anyway.

Therefore, I would save Sukhdev.

PRSOM :h:
Original post by EricPiphany
But how would you truely choose at random? Throw a die?

Yeah, or something like that, with equal chance of each person being chosen:smile:
seriously? drugs you waste your life and body
time you waste life that's it
drugs are much harder to come off compared to stop time wasting

drugs give a massive amount of pleasure, why is that time wasting so much worse than the time wasting of spending hours on TSR?
hard to come off maybe but not necessarily.
drugs give a massive amount of pleasure, why is that time wasting so much worse than the time wasting of spending hours on TSR?
hard to come off maybe but not necessarily.

then a huge down.
just like coffee does with the caffeine in it. you have to keep drinking and consuming the caffeine in it to come back to the level you were before.
wasting time has neative affects no where near as serious as drugs
then a huge down.
just like coffee does with the caffeine in it. you have to keep drinking and consuming the caffeine in it to come back to the level you were before.
wasting time has neative affects no where near as serious as drugs

it doesn't say she's addicted and many many people use heroin without becoming addicted. this doesn't make them bad people nor is it the most dangerous thing in the world.
it doesn't say she's addicted and many many people use heroin without becoming addicted. this doesn't make them bad people nor is it the most dangerous thing in the world.

still dangerous nonetheless
Reply 98
I'd save Sally so I could stab her myself.
Reply 99
Original post by datmofo
So killing 6 millions Jews doesn't make Adolf Hitler a bad person?

ok mate...

He's a bad person because he didn't kill enough.

Quick Reply

Latest