The Student Room Group

A level english languagage

Help m!
With what? You haven't asked a question.
Reply 2
It's English language not English languagage ..
Are you sure you should be taking the subject for A Level?
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
With what? You haven't asked a question.

Actually , do you guys have any pdf versions of the textbook or some other notes
?
You haven't specified what you require help with - are you in your AS year or A2? There have been reforms in 2015 so the A Levels aren't linear and they are different spec wise. I study the subject with the AQA spec, you haven't mentioned whether you are with OCR or AQA. Judging by the title, I worry about how you even got onto the course.
Reply 6
The edexcel IAL As level
Original post by me2*
The edexcel IAL As level

Yeah but what help DO you require?
Nobody knows what you are asking here :/
Reply 9
Original post by Rhythmical
Yeah but what help DO you require?

Q1 what is grammar?
Q2 what is linguistics?
Original post by me2*
Q1 what is grammar?
Q2 what is linguistics?

Q1) Grammar is the topic used to cover a certain part of English Language. It refers to word classes such as nouns and verbs etc. It also explores the syntax (i.e the order of a sentence). In a general term, it explores the structure and the system of the English Language.

Q2) Linguistics is the term used to define the study of a language. Here you explore the language meaning, language form and language in a broad and variable context.

Have you started your A Levels or are you about to?
Reply 11
Q1) Grammar is the topic used to cover a certain part of English Language. It refers to word classes such as nouns and verbs etc. It also explores the syntax (i.e the order of a sentence). In a general term, it explores the structure and the system of the English Language.

Q2) Linguistics is the term used to define the study of a language. Here you explore the language meaning, language form and language in a broad and variable context.

Have you started your A Levels or are you about to?

Iam about to
Original post by me2*
Iam about to

Have you studied it previously like at iGCSE level? I know there is a big jump with IALs and iGCSEs as they aren't similar. Have a look at this http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/english-language-2015.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials
Reply 13
Have you studied it previously like at iGCSE level? I know there is a big jump with IALs and iGCSEs as they aren't similar. Have a look at this http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/english-language-2015.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest