The Student Room Group

Missing home?

What do you miss most when you leave home? Ready made dinner? :s-smilie:
Sun and getting paid.
Original post by Helloworld_95
Sun and getting paid.

Could still find P/T job when you are studying? :colondollar: Guess you are an international student?
I miss my dog :frown:
Buses that come every 10 minutes :moon:

Parents/TV.

Homemade food.
Original post by Study Inn Group
Could still find P/T job when you are studying? :colondollar: Guess you are an international student?

Yeah, and the pay in the UK for the job I do is about half what it is back home so it's not really as worth doing in the UK.
Original post by SophieSmall
I miss my dog :frown:

Do you travel home frequently to see him/her?
Original post by SeanFM
Buses that come every 10 minutes :moon:

Parents/TV.

Homemade food.

Where are you from? :u: Would it be easy for you to travel back home to visit your parents?
Where are you from? :u: Would it be easy for you to travel back home to visit your parents?

It's not that bad, I live in London but I go to uni in Bath, but if I go home I definitely end up doing no work :tongue: whereas at uni, I have half a chance of doing some work ...
Original post by SeanFM
It's not that bad, I live in London but I go to uni in Bath, but if I go home I definitely end up doing no work :tongue: whereas at uni, I have half a chance of doing some work ...

Not too long of a trip? And what's stopping you from working at home? :colondollar:
Not too long of a trip? And what's stopping you from working at home? :colondollar:

Yes, it could be a lot worse :tongue: some people have to travel 8 hours by coach :s-smilie:

Sometimes I forget my revision material :rofl: and there's just loads of TV shows that I tend to catch up on while I'm at home. :getmecoat:
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, it could be a lot worse :tongue: some people have to travel 8 hours by coach :s-smilie:

Sometimes I forget my revision material :rofl: and there's just loads of TV shows that I tend to catch up on while I'm at home. :getmecoat:

Do you find it easier revising in your accommodation or at your university library? Maybe there are communal facilities in your accommodation where you can revise in peace? :colondollar:
- Having a computer that actually works, my Laptop is shite
- Nice cubicle shower at home, hate the disgusting showers at Uni smh
- Much cheaper public transport
- Less hills, everything at my Uni seems situated on top of a hill or at the bottom, it's a constant workout ffs

Minor really, I don't miss anything major at home :/
Do you find it easier revising in your accommodation or at your university library? Maybe there are communal facilities in your accommodation where you can revise in peace? :colondollar:

Accommodation for sure :s-smilie: if I'm at the uni library it's because I'm inbetween lectures, and I feel really tired/not very attentive so it's not great for studying tbh. Funnily enough, I do use the communal area to revise (and be a pain :rofl:) just so other people can keep track of me studying and pressure me to focus.
I miss nothing about "home". University is my home and always will be
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
Accommodation for sure :s-smilie: if I'm at the uni library it's because I'm inbetween lectures, and I feel really tired/not very attentive so it's not great for studying tbh. Funnily enough, I do use the communal area to revise (and be a pain :rofl:) just so other people can keep track of me studying and pressure me to focus.

Do you think there's enough information on the internet that you can work comfortably in your accommodation without needing to really study in the library as well? :colondollar:
Do you tend to prefer working on your own or as a group?
My pets, my job/getting paid, my man.
Do you think there's enough information on the internet that you can work comfortably in your accommodation without needing to really study in the library as well? :colondollar:
Do you tend to prefer working on your own or as a group?

Yes, luckily Maths is a subject where you don't need to borrow loads of textbooks from the library, but I can see how that'd be a problem for people studying other subjects.

I prefer to work alone :redface: so I can set my own pace, I've tried group work before and we all just ended up studying our own things.
Original post by super_kawaii
I miss nothing about "home". University is my home and always will be

You are definitely enjoying uni life a lot :u:
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, luckily Maths is a subject where you don't need to borrow loads of textbooks from the library, but I can see how that'd be a problem for people studying other subjects.

I prefer to work alone :redface: so I can set my own pace, I've tried group work before and we all just ended up studying our own things.

Lucky for some, guess you will just have to memorise loads of formulas etc? Definitely need a quiet place to study as you'd need to concentrate hard at all times! If one figure is wrong then this could affect the overall sum :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest