The Student Room Group

I found my passion in Maths

Who else is keen on Maths? What's your story?

Scroll to see replies

Meee. I know so many smart people and they all hate maths. Im behind on all of my college access course modules except maths, which im getting distinctions in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Meeee too :woo: I love it more than anything. There was once a time when I hated the sight of math books back in grade 4. Now I am just a math addict. Gimme a math question and you're my best friend :lol:
Original post by manlikeabdo
Meee. I know so many smart people and they all hate maths. Im behind on all of my college access course modules except maths, which im getting distinctions in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would agree w// you. Most of my peers (I'm 17y.o.) do not like Maths but when I look at my mom or her peers and who succeeded in their lives they were good at Maths.
So what's your point of view?
Original post by shimmeringsofya
I would agree w// you. Most of my peers (I'm 17y.o.) do not like Maths but when I look at my mom or her peers and who succeeded in their lives they were good at Maths.
So what's your point of view?

I just find it so simple and straight forward. Its also so satisfying when I complete an equation. Currently Im studying computing to get onto compsci but i might change my mind and do accounting or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="manlikeabdo;63722341"]I just find it so simple and straight forward. Its also so satisfying when I complete an equation. Currently Im studying computing to get onto compsci but i might change my mind and do accounting or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
I am completely with you here ...but don't you think that it would be quite radical change of interests orientation
(edited 8 years ago)
Hated Maths but I enjoyed finally understand formulas and then applying them to work, it was so easy
i took so many maths drugs so now i am addicted to maths :u:
Reply 8
:hi:
Original post by Not So Average
Hated Maths but I enjoyed finally understand formulas and then applying them to work, it was so easy

:h:At least , there is some kind a relief . Im glad for you
Yay! Welcome to the club! :biggrin:

I decided to do a Maths degree back when I was in Y12. But now I'm well and truly hooked :love: :love: :love:
I'm doing a GSCE - AS Level maths module with the Open Uni and I'm absolutely loving it.
Never really understood algebra but I'm absolutely nailing it so far.

I've always been great at arithmetic, but never really developed my knowledge past that.
Turns out, now that I'm older (25) and more passionate about learning, it all seems fairly simple so far.

I love how you're either right or wrong. There's rarely any middle ground.
Original post by Hamoody
Meeee too :woo: I love it more than anything. There was once a time when I hated the sight of math books back in grade 4. Now I am just a math addict. Gimme a math question and you're my best friend :lol:

Me! I used to prefer English and the arts but now I'm balanced more :smile:
I loved it when I was a child, hated it between 12-16 years old, from 16 on I realised it's my favourite babe of all time.
Original post by Kel_Med
I absolute love maths, only reason I didn't pursue it as career is because I didn't want that to ruin my love for it haha

I think its just because of the way the fundamentals never change, I'm still using stuff I learnt in year 8 haha and that satisfaction of getting the right answer using a totally inefficient method :biggrin: no other subject can give you that lol

Could I ask what are you doing? What's your career/job?
Loved it since primary school :smile:
Original post by shimmeringsofya
Who else is keen on Maths? What's your story?

I'm starting to like maths :smile: . I'm 17 y.o too and during a - level it became my favourite subject ! I'm doing maths , ft maths , physics. I had a few degrees in mind for uni and maths is one of them but im not really sure what the job market looks like.Apart from being a teacher, finance or research what else can you do thats well paid and easy to enter with a maths degree ?
Original post by Bernie2016
Loved it since primary school :smile:

Honestly, I'm really happy to hear that some people do love that science
Original post by CountTesla
I'm starting to like maths :smile: . I'm 17 y.o too and during a - level it became my favourite subject ! I'm doing maths , ft maths , physics. I had a few degrees in mind for uni and maths is one of them but im not really sure what the job market looks like.Apart from being a teacher, finance or research what else can you do thats well paid and easy to enter with a maths degree ?

You seem to be really smart!!!:biggrin:
And thank you for raising such a good issue about Maths&Career Opportunities
chicks dig me because of my math skilz

Quick Reply

Latest