The Student Room Group

Why don't we just convert to Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
There was a lot of harm done by most religions. Islam continues with it.

Wasn't just whites who practiced slavery. Africans and Arabs also did. In some cases Africans sold their own people for a profit to Western merchants.

The Klan has killed around 3,500 people since its inception. Black on black murder passes that every 6 months in the US.

Africans and arabs practiced slavery but the type practiced by Europeans was more harsh and killed more people. Plus a lot of slaves were kidnapped by Europeans rather than sold by other Africans.

In the case of Africans enslaving other Africans, well for years tribes had conflict and it was prisoners of wars that were sold internally, and they wouldn't lose their tribe, culture and their identity - plus they didn't die from it. Since it was only men who fought wars I wonder if any women were enslaved at all.

I don't agree with you comparing the Klan with 'black on black' crime, but I wonder if Black Muslims in the US have anything to do with those numbers, probably not.
Reply 181
Original post by MJlover
Africans and arabs practiced slavery but the type practiced by Europeans was more harsh and killed more people. Plus a lot of slaves were kidnapped by Europeans rather than sold by other Africans.

In the case of Africans enslaving other Africans, well for years tribes had conflict and it was prisoners of wars that were sold internally, and they wouldn't lose their tribe, culture and their identity - plus they didn't die from it. Since it was only men who fought wars I wonder if any women were enslaved at all.

I don't agree with you comparing the Klan with 'black on black' crime, but I wonder if Black Muslims in the US have anything to do with those numbers, probably not.

1. That's a big big lie

2. Just because one killed more than the other doesn't give it justification

3. And probably the most important one. EUROPEANS ABOLISHED SLAVERY. ARABS STILL CONTINUE IT

http://originalpeople.org/the-arab-muslim-slave-trade-of-africans-the-untold-story/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wdkmwd
1. That's a big big lie

3. And probably the most important one. EUROPEANS ABOLISHED SLAVERY. ARABS STILL CONTINUE IT

http://originalpeople.org/the-arab-muslim-slave-trade-of-africans-the-untold-story/

Africans were even complicit in the selling of their own people. Is this really surprising given the barbarism and sadism of a lot of African leaders?
Original post by chemting
"It was accepted at the time" is the worst excuse ever. The prophet is supposed to be timeless, "ahead of his time" progressive, a bastion of morality for all of time. He wasn't supposed to have been influenced by culture and time, unless you admit he wasn't the "apostle of allah", just another fallible Arab who achieved things politically?

People don't take 16th century England as a basis for all morality & way of life, and King John as the most perfect person to have ever lived. Muslims do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM, they're always using the King John and other Plantagenet monarchs' example :rofl:
Original post by Oliver_94
The problem with you. You have no counter argument so anyone who comes out in support of Islam is a troll. This is why Islam is the fastest growing religion and will soon be the majority (even more than atheists like myself). People like you can't logically attack Islam, you just shout troll, troll, troll. I take it as a compliment as I know I have backed you into a corner

It is obvious you are a Muslim troll. No atheist would speak about Islam with the exact same admiration that Muslims do, otherwise they would no longer be an atheist.

Islam will never be a majority, they make up less than 5% of the UK's population so fantasise about Islam ruling the world all you like but we all know it's never going to happen.
Original post by wdkmwd
1. That's a big big lie

Haha please. Europeans travel to Thailand to have sex with young girls used as sex slaves. Some even buy slaves and keep them illegally. Europeans can be far more backwards, so don't go there.
Reply 186
Original post by yasminkattan
Haha please. Europeans travel to Thailand to have sex with young girls used as sex slaves. Some even buy slaves and keep them illegally. Europeans can be far more backwards, so don't go there.

Old Prominent Arab men, especially in Saudi Arabia, their Imams and religious leaders, not only frequently rape their house maids and organise arrange marriages for their adult sons usually little Yemeni girls, but they also keep slaves, it has been well documented that these acts still go one till this day so please don't even try and compare the two.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hundreds-mauritanian-women-subject-slave-conditions-saudi-arabia-121500465

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/11/inside-the-world-of-gulf-state-slavery.html
Original post by wdkmwd
Old Prominent Arab men, especially in Saudi Arabia, their Imams and religious leaders, not only frequently rape their house maids and organise arrange marriages for their adult sons usually little Yemeni girls, but they also keep slaves, it has been well documented that these acts still go one till this day so please don't even try and compare the two.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hundreds-mauritanian-women-subject-slave-conditions-saudi-arabia-121500465

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/11/inside-the-world-of-gulf-state-slavery.html

And why can't I compare the two? I could just as easily find hundreds of articles about slave trafficking in Europe, usually involving children.
Reply 188
And why can't I compare the two? I could just as easily find hundreds of articles about slave trafficking in Europe, usually involving children.

Because one (Arab) is religiously permitted (Islam) while the other (European) isn't (Christianity)

So do the Arabs. They sell them into slavery too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
PRSOM, they're always using the King John and other Plantagenet monarchs' example :rofl:

Yeah I don't know where they got this from? I've mentioned this later well, how can someone who rejected the Magna Carta be a basis for any morality to anyone today?
It is obvious you are a Muslim troll. No atheist would speak about Islam with the exact same admiration that Muslims do, otherwise they would no longer be an atheist.

Islam will never be a majority, they make up less than 5% of the UK's population so fantasise about Islam ruling the world all you like but we all know it's never going to happen.

Lol, how should I prove I am not a Muslim?

You'd be surprised!
Reply 193
Original post by luminarychild
Weak mind? I'm pretty sure there is a lot more intelligent muslims than there are of people like you, and that's a fact. Maybe you need to understand the religion a lot better before you go charging ahead with your basic insults. It is not a matter of deflection it was merely a comparison of my religion and the dirty elements of your background which you seem to accept even though we are in the 21st century. Magic man? I take it you have not endorsed the science in the quran either, but I guess someone with a logic like yours would think science is magic too :lol: as for the cave.... what time was ISlam revealed? I'm pretty sure the likelihood of caves were pretty common

I've read the quran. Some of the things in there are pretty disgusting. It's anything but a "religion of peace". It's little more than tales of a waremongering pervert.

The notion of an "inteligent muslim" is something of a paradox isn't it?
Most people grow out of believing in imaginary friends and fairys by the time they reach their 6th birthday. At which point if the little girls are really unlucky you end up married to an elderly pervert... But that's another story. :eek:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JC.
I've read the quran. Some of the things in there are pretty disgusting. It's anything but a "religion of peace". It's little more than tales of a waremongering pervert.

The notion of an "inteligent muslim" is something of a paradox isn't it?
Most people grow out of believing in imaginary friends and fairys by the time they reach their 6th birthday. At which point if the little girls are really unlucky you end up married to an elderly pervert... But that's another story. :eek:

You have no clue and a paradox? I'm more intelligent than you just look at our academic profiles :rofl: A medic vs a music student need I say more?
There was no waremongering pervert, if that is your definition of one then Britain has had countless leaders of the same calibre. You need to study more if you still believe in fairies :wink:http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm

The compiler of the famous Hadith collection Mishkat al-Masabih, Imam Wali-ud-Din Muhammad ibn Abdullah Al-Khatib, who died 700 years ago, has also written brief biographical notes on the narrators of Hadith reports. He writes under Asma, the older daughter of Abu Bakr:
“She was the sister of Aisha Siddiqa, wife of the Holy Prophet, and was ten years older than her. In 73 A.H. Asma died at the age of one hundred years.” This would make Asma 28 years of age in 1 A.H., the year of the Hijra, thus making Aisha 18 years old in 1 A.H. So Aisha would be 19 years old at the time of the consummation of her marriage, and 14 or 15 years old at the time of her nikah. It would place her year of birth at four or five years before the Call.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 195
You have no clue and a paradox? I'm more intelligent than you just look at our academic profiles :rofl: A medic vs a music student need I say more?
There was no waremongering pervert, if that is your definition of one then Britain has had countless leaders of the same calibre. You need to study more if you still believe in fairies :wink: If anything muhammed saved her http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm

Muhammed saved Aisha by having sex with her when she was 9, and by beating her frequently?

Hahaha. How brave and peaceful your "prophet" was.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" Muhammad's own wife complained of the abuse that the women of her religion suffered relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's fathers-in-law (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him byslapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

P.S There is only one 'e' in War-mongering

So much for you being "intelligent" :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wdkmwd
Because one (Arab) is religiously permitted (Islam) while the other (European) isn't (Christianity)

You're very misinformed. Focus on your own religion instead of wasting time insulting someone else's.
Original post by Ninja_Cat
So do the Arabs. They sell them into slavery too.

What I was trying to get across is that this occurs throughout every society (unfortunately). It has nothing to do with religion, and the person I replied to was trying to say that slavery nowadays is only practiced in Arab countries, which is ridiculous and untrue.
Reply 198
There was no waremongering pervert, if that is your definition of one then Britain has had countless leaders of the same calibre. You need to study more if you still believe in fairies :wink:http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm

The compiler of the famous Hadith collection Mishkat al-Masabih, Imam Wali-ud-Din Muhammad ibn Abdullah Al-Khatib, who died 700 years ago, has also written brief biographical notes on the narrators of Hadith reports. He writes under Asma, the older daughter of Abu Bakr:
“She was the sister of Aisha Siddiqa, wife of the Holy Prophet, and was ten years older than her. In 73 A.H. Asma died at the age of one hundred years.” This would make Asma 28 years of age in 1 A.H., the year of the Hijra, thus making Aisha 18 years old in 1 A.H. So Aisha would be 19 years old at the time of the consummation of her marriage, and 14 or 15 years old at the time of her nikah. It would place her year of birth at four or five years before the Call.

Not quite sure why you keep raising spurious issues? It does nothing for your arguments credibility.

You're not going to convert me to some disgusting abhorrent crack pot religion which is essentially what this thread is about.

Islam makes great claims for itself. It purports to being the last religion. Well the holy pedo didn't foresee scientology, Jehovah witnesses or the church of the flying spaghetti monster. etc etc...
Just another example where islams book of fairy stories falls flat on it's arse.

Religion is drivel. Anyone with even a modicum of common sense can see it for how ridiculous it is.
Clearly you're a brainwashed "allah snackbar" so there's no way to have an intelligent conversation with you so I see little point continuing the discussion.
That being said, I'll leave you with this quote from Billy Connolly...

"Religion is over lads it's ****ing over. Take your reformation, your vatican, your ****ing mecca and **** off. Suicide ****ing bombing, now there's a bright idea, every time there's a "bang" the world is a ****** short. ****ing idiots."
Original post by wdkmwd
Muhammed saved Aisha by having sex with her when she was 9, and by beating her frequently?

Hahaha. How brave and peaceful your "prophet" was.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" Muhammad's own wife complained of the abuse that the women of her religion suffered relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's fathers-in-law (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him byslapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

P.S There is only one 'e' in War-mongering

So much for you being "intelligent" :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Simple typo, at least I don't make racist comments and declare myself intelligent afterwards like yourself and remember your terrible grammar on that thread :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My grades and academia are far more superior than yours, so remember that before calling me stupid, idiot :lol:

So you take those quotes but have you read the full article? don't twist the words boy

Islam has enjoined upon the husband duties towards his wife, and vice versa, and among these duties are some which are shared by both husband and wife. (tirmidhi)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
“The woman is the guardian of her husband’s house and is responsible for it.” (Bukhari)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
“Any woman who dies while her husband is pleased with her, she will enter Jannah.” (At-Tirmidhi)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) advised men:
"The best amongst you, are the best for their wives, and I am the best of you for my wives." (Tirmidhi)

The Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said: “The most perfect Muslim in the matter of faith is one who has excellent behaviour; and the best among you are those who behave best towards their wives” (From Mishkaat)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending