The Student Room Group

What are your thoughts?

Poll

Share or Keep your thoughts?

Do you prefer to share most of your thoughts w// friends and family or keep them to your heart? and the main question is WHY?

Scroll to see replies

I prefer to share them with friends tbh
Reply 2
I share most of my worries with my partner and then my family. I feel like my partner understands me more and has the same kind of views as me so it makes it feel easier to tell him stuff than anyone else. I don't tell friends as much as I tell my partner or family though tbh, I only have one or two close friends, everyone else is more of an acquaintance.
Reply 3
I did start sharing them with people a few months back, people I thought to be close friends, because I was struggling with a lot. But things turned pretty shitty with that and I decided not to bother sharing my inner thoughts with anyone for a while.

Best not to reveal how emotionally messed up I am inside haha :tongue:
Reply 4
I have one very close friend who I have known for years and trust completely so I tell them stuff like that. Everyone else gets the hard face.
Original post by Inexorably
I did start sharing them with people a few months back, people I thought to be close friends, because I was struggling with a lot. But things turned pretty shitty with that and I decided not to bother sharing my inner thoughts with anyone for a while.

Best not to reveal how emotionally messed up I am inside haha :tongue:

I wish there was some kind of way where you could talk to a complete stranger who could give you an advice without judging you.---You can share w// me. Don't take it serious unless you want to
keep, people don't want to know about my problems, why the f**k would they want to know? unless i'm going to therapy or something(i won't)
Hope all of you who have replied would see my view. The reason I have raised that kind of an issue is when you are arguing with a person/ family they are starting to remember most of that "shitty" stuff that you have shared with them.
--- Would are your opinions?
Original post by shimmeringsofya
Do you prefer to share most of your thoughts w// friends and family or keep them to your heart? and the main question is WHY?

I write down my thoughts and put them in a sack with a snake, a chicken and a dog, and tie the sack. Then I throw the sack into a river and throw the river into space.
Reply 9
I wish there was some kind of way where you could talk to a complete stranger who could give you an advice without judging you.---You can share w// me. Don't take it serious unless you want to

There are sites for that - certain forums (even TSR) but there's also one called 7 cups of tea or something which is great for that.
Original post by thefatone
keep, people don't want to know about my problems, why the f**k would they want to know? unless i'm going to therapy or something(i won't)

you are quite right, I think
Original post by Inexorably
There are sites for that - certain forums (even TSR) but there's also one called 7 cups of tea or something which is great for that.

That was really helpful, thank you for your reply! I am still open for you:smile:
Reply 12
i dont really open up tp people but i would never open up to my family about all things but certain things i would tell my stepmum or brother. i have a few close friends where i could tell them anything.
you are quite right, I think

:smile:
Reply 14
Hope all of you who have replied would see my view. The reason I have raised that kind of an issue is when you are arguing with a person/ family they are starting to remember most of that "shitty" stuff that you have shared with them.
--- Would are your opinions?

I have high standards, the moment they use it against me they're gone.
Original post by mkap
i dont really open up tp people but i would never open up to my family about all things but certain things i would tell my stepmum or brother. i have a few close friends where i could tell them anything.

The reason is that some people would understand and forget it but others would keep reminding you about it
Original post by whorace
I have high standards, the moment they use it against me they're gone.

Sure but what about family members?
Reply 17
Sure but what about family members?

I don't tell them anything, trust runs deeper than blood.
Reply 18
I have one close friend that I share everything with. I usually just tell my family stuff on a need to know basis, otherwise it just leads to drama
Original post by whorace
I don't tell them anything, trust runs deeper than blood.

your statement does match your photo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending