The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Oh no I didn’t I just looked through it on my IPad because there is literally more than 100 pages .Good to hear back from you and it feels like you didn’t update since Friday. How comes? Is something wrong?

Oh no. I just keep on forgetting. I'll update you guys tonight. I'm covering content this week and then next week I'll do all of the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw lol i don't have school until the 10th so i can do a lot of revision Yayy Not :smile:
Today I haven't done much revision because i was out from 11.00 till 14.30 so it's time for me to do some revision now. Plus I am doing English Language so all i have to do is past papers and learn new vocabulary. What are you doing , in terms of revision ?! :smile:

You'd better get to it then - only kidding, you've got plenty of time and make sure you enjoy your hols :smile:
At the moment I'm trying to memorise my German and do more history because I have tests in both tomorrow :biggrin:

Original post by Trump POTUS
Excellent work young apprentices.

haha thanks - any advice? :smile:

Original post by Mac117
I made the EXACT SAME notes in history as you did, also yesterday. This is weird O.o

That is weird!! I've done some more of them again today because of the test I have tomorrow - how is revision going for you overall? :smile:

Original post by Chittesh14
Some crazy grades man - well done!
But, how do you get such high marks in science lol
I'm doing the exact same but I can barely scrape an A* if lucky...
Physics is my strongest - I usually get A*s all the time, usually strong A*s.
But, other than that it's tough for me :frown:.

Thank you! I LOVE science. Which exam board do you do and what do you think you struggle with the most? I'll try to help you where I can :smile:
What board are you guys doing for HISTORY ? Edexcel ? British society is the one you don't need to revise on much. Isn't it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
What board are you guys doing for HISTORY ? Edexcel ? British society is the one you don't need to revise on much. Isn't it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to scrape but I do Edexcel :biggrin:
I find the transformation of British society hardest; originally thought I wouldn't have to revise as it's the source paper but you still need your own knowledge to back up you answers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Sorry to scrape but I do Edexcel :biggrin:
I find the transformation of British society hardest; originally thought I wouldn't have to revise as it's the source paper but you still need your own knowledge to back up you answers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that but what kind of background knowledge would you recommend. I wouldn't need to know as much as unit 1 would I ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do OCR and I'd probably say as long as you have a basic knowledge of when things were introduced you should be ok - but the more you know the better :smile:
:smile: Alright :smile: Have you looked at the specification?
I have but there is some stuff that's not on the textbooks which annoys me because i've never learned it actually tell a lie :smile: We have learnt it but it's really vague :smile:

Yeah looked at spec a while ago :smile:
I understand that but what kind of background knowledge would you recommend. I wouldn't need to know as much as unit 1 would I ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not as much but you need to have a basic understanding of the topic and maybe some contextual knowledge that can help you answer the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no. I just keep on forgetting. I'll update you guys tonight. I'm covering content this week and then next week I'll do all of the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol ok :smile:
Original post by ladybird29
Yeah looked at spec a while ago :smile:

:smile: What do you think of it ? lol
:smile: What do you think of it ? lol

can't remember much lol but it was very long and had stuff im sure i never learnt in detail that was needed
Original post by ladybird29
can't remember much lol but it was very long and had stuff im sure i never learnt in detail that was needed

Lol :smile: Yup i would strongly with you :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you! I LOVE science. Which exam board do you do and what do you think you struggle with the most? I'll try to help you where I can :smile:

I was meant to say exact same exam board lol.
OCR Gateway B as well.
I've started revising for my GCSEs basically today -_-...
I just find every module boring and hard.
how was everyone's Easter weekend? mine was good, but didn't get much done work wise - only managed to read a law book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
I was meant to say exact same exam board lol.
OCR Gateway B as well.
I've started revising for my GCSEs basically today -_-...
I just find every module boring and hard.

Ah thought so but I wasn't sure

I have school tomorrow but I am revising too - and have you tried making diagrams or mindmaps to make it a bit more intersting? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk if this would be that much help. i do edexcel history - I have done nazi Germany and relations between USA and USSR so far (Cold War.) Whenever I do a history essay I search the subject online to see if I can find any extra information which I can add to the points which I plan to use already in my notes. then when I revise I will learn the extra information which I have included.

we do a practice essay for every subject in the unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have school tomorrow but I am revising too - and have you tried making diagrams or mindmaps to make it a bit more intersting? :smile:

woah, how come you haven't broken up already? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
woah, how come you haven't broken up already? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I break up in 2 weeks :smile:

I find those even more boring.
It's just the content - I find it a bit hard.
Do you have any notes or something that you can share :O
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
how was everyone's Easter weekend? mine was good, but didn't get much done work wise - only managed to read a law book.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, my Easter weekend is just revising then going McDonaldthen back home doing more work. Oh and eating chocolates :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending