Edexcel S3 - Wednesday 25th May AM 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SeanFM
Are you doing AS or A2 AFM? :K:

He's doing the full AFM A-level this year
Original post by SeanFM
Are you doing AS or A2 AFM? :K:

AS and A2 :frown: still have 3 modules to learn in a month :frown:. I dread S4 D1 D2.
Original post by physicsmaths
AS and A2 :frown: still have 3 modules to learn in a month :frown:. I dread S4 D1 D2.

Psshh. S4 is short, D1 is short as well (content wise, there is not much to learn in D1 compared to other modules eg M1) and D2.. :dontknow:

Good luck, hope you're working hard :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
Psshh. S4 is short, D1 is short as well (content wise, there is not much to learn in D1 compared to other modules eg M1) and D2.. :dontknow:

Good luck, hope you're working hard :tongue:

Lol just started working in the last few weeks haha.
S4 much shorter then S3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol just started working in the last few weeks haha.
S4 much shorter then S3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: I see.

S4 is 3 chapters long. A fair bit of content in those 3 chapters but shorter compared to other modules.
Reply 45
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: I see.

S4 is 3 chapters long. A fair bit of content in those 3 chapters but shorter compared to other modules.

What's S4 like... I suddenly feel intrigued by it now. :laugh:
Original post by Zacken
What's S4 like... I suddenly feel intrigued by it now. :laugh:

More similar to S2 than S3. Just loads of distributions, there's even a graph sketching question here and there to do with power functions. (Something you'll probably come across in uni maths anyway...) and just more stuff to do with expectation and estimators. Fun module if you like stats.
Reply 47
Original post by SeanFM
More similar to S2 than S3. Just loads of distributions, there's even a graph sketching question here and there to do with power functions. (Something you'll probably come across in uni maths anyway...) and just more stuff to do with expectation and estimators. Fun module if you like stats.

Damn, sounds like something I'd have loved to do if I had the time. :s-smilie:

Thanks!
Original post by Zacken
Damn, sounds like something I'd have loved to do if I had the time. :s-smilie:

Thanks!

:lol: I'm sure you can self study AFM in the summer, what's most important now is to meet your offer. :tongue:
Reply 49
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: I'm sure you can self study AFM in the summer, what's most important now is to meet your offer. :tongue:

Aye, cheers Sean! :biggrin:
Hi, could anyone explain how question 2b of exercise 3a https://771a1ec81340d97ae9ed29694f73dd633b1c7c70.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYV1BTbDkxWXZCVmc/CH3.pdf is calculated please, as I keep getting 127361 which is nowhere near the answer on solutions bank :/ Thanks :-)
Original post by economicss
Hi, could anyone explain how question 2b of exercise 3a https://771a1ec81340d97ae9ed29694f73dd633b1c7c70.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYV1BTbDkxWXZCVmc/CH3.pdf is calculated please, as I keep getting 127361 which is nowhere near the answer on solutions bank :/ Thanks :-)

Can anyone explain please? :-)
Can anyone explain please? :-)

How are you doing it? The method seems to be in the answer.
Original post by SeanFM
How are you doing it? The method seems to be in the answer.

I was doing (1049-1049/6) squared divided by 6 which gives 127361, is the 1049 not correct, am I wrong to be doing the sum of the xi values here? Thanks :smile:
Original post by SeanFM
:woo:

And S3 wouldn't be S3 without it clashing with another module, and this year it clashes with C2. :woo: :party:

Here are some resources, inspired by resources from the thread of the previous year.

Madasmaths - awesome website for loads of things for all of your exams, with a few topics that come up in S3.

PhysicsAndMathsTutor - link to loads of useful things.

FMSP revision page - some videos to watch about the specification and a specific set of exam questions.

If there is demand I can start an S4 thread as well..!

And if you have any questions, fire away!

Is there a place with good S4 notes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel S4 textbook?
Original post by Zacken
Edexcel S4 textbook?

Well I'm not actually writing an S4 exam. I'm at uni but a level notes are always a lot simpler with the equivalent content at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Well I'm not actually writing an S4 exam. I'm at uni but a level notes are always a lot simpler with the equivalent content at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I know. My suggestion still stands. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Yes, I know. My suggestion still stands. :tongue:

Are there like ebooks around? I don't have money to buy a textbook for a few weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was doing (1049-1049/6) squared divided by 6 which gives 127361, is the 1049 not correct, am I wrong to be doing the sum of the xi values here? Thanks :smile:

I don't understand why you're doing that :s-smilie: the sum that you're asked to find is given and you just have to compute it.

Are you trying to use

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure :redface: for Edexcel I found that the book was all you really need. I guess it's worth googling individual topics if you don't have the textbook.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending