The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Accommodation

Hi, I've confirmed Edinburgh for History as my firm!
Just wondering what everyone is thinking about accommodation i.e what is best, whether to go catered or self-catered...
Original post by Alicephoebe
Hi, I've confirmed Edinburgh for History as my firm!
Just wondering what everyone is thinking about accommodation i.e what is best, whether to go catered or self-catered...

Hey! I've firmed them for Chinese & Economics 😬 I applied for accommodation a couple of days ago and I opted for catered (at Pollock Halls). I had previously been arguing with my parents that I wanted to go non-catered (as it is more affordable) however they pointed out the convenience of catered accommodation and I know a couple of current Edinburgh students who rate the catered accommodation very highly :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by superfinfin
Hey! I've firmed them for Chinese & Economics 😬 I applied for accommodation a couple of days ago and I opted for catered (at Pollock Halls). I had previously been arguing with my parents that I wanted to go non-catered (as it is more affordable) however they pointed out the convenience of catered accommodation and I know a couple of current Edinburgh students who rate the catered accommodation very highly :smile:

Aw fab! Yeah I'm considering pollock halls as well! It's meant to be good
Original post by Alicephoebe
Aw fab! Yeah I'm considering pollock halls as well! It's meant to be good

I've heard nothing but good things about Pollock Halls and I really liked all of the buildings I visited! When you apply for accommodation, you need to select five options, which is not something I had realised! I went for Chancellor's Court, Holland House, Grant House, Ewing House and Baird House :smile:
i applied for self-catered cause it's less expensive and i don't trust anyone else cooking for me. i am my own best chef lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending