The Student Room Group

Only sitting two AS's ?

I am currently studying maths , further maths, physics and BTEC ICT. This summer I will only be sitting two AS's maths and furthermaths as physics is a linear course and BTEC ICT does not have any tests. I was wondering if this will impact my application for uni? and if so how bad will it be i.e will my application be looked at badly given that I only have two AS's. Thank you very much!
Original post by NoahMal
I am currently studying maths , further maths, physics and BTEC ICT. This summer I will only be sitting two AS's maths and furthermaths as physics is a linear course and BTEC ICT does not have any tests. I was wondering if this will impact my application for uni? and if so how bad will it be i.e will my application be looked at badly given that I only have two AS's. Thank you very much!

Given that the new A levels are affecting the whole country, you are hardly going to be the only one in this situation. Universities have decades of experience in negotiating the different combinations of qualifications and they will have no difficulty in working out if you have what they are looking for.
Original post by NoahMal

The entire country are in this predicament, I myself am only sitting two AS's as my other subjects have turned linear. Some people will not being sitting any at all. Therefore universities will be a lot more interested in our predicted grades and have to base our places on this. I think as a result GCSE grades might be looked at a little more closely than they were in the past, but no it won't impact your application :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by espicton98
The entire country are in this predicament, I myself am only sitting two AS's as my other subjects have turned linear. Some people will not being sitting any at all. Therefore universities will be a lot more interested in our predicted grades and have to base our places on this. I think as a result GCSE grades might be looked at a little more closely than they were in the past, but no it won't impact your application :smile:

Damn GCSEs Well I'm completely screwed then :/ what subjects are you studying at the moment ?
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Given that the new A levels are affecting the whole country, you are hardly going to be the only one in this situation. Universities have decades of experience in negotiating the different combinations of qualifications and they will have no difficulty in working out if you have what they are looking for.

I guess it is a bad idea to choose a course that they do not prefer the two ASs that I sit to be studies together then :/
Original post by NoahMal
I guess it is a bad idea to choose a course that they do not prefer the two ASs that I sit to be studies together then :/

I don't really understand what you are saying here, but if you are saying you are in some way disadvantaged by your course choice, that is to completely misunderstand what I said. Universities will be able to handle any combination of courses and understand if the applicant has what they are looking for, because that is their job.
Original post by NoahMal
Damn GCSEs Well I'm completely screwed then :/ what subjects are you studying at the moment ?

English literature, History (both linear)
Sociology, Government and politics (Traditonal format) and the EPQ :smile: yourself ?
Reply 7
Original post by espicton98
English literature, History (both linear)
Sociology, Government and politics (Traditonal format) and the EPQ :smile: yourself ?

Sorry for late reply :K: Maths, Furthermaths, Physics and Btec ICT aswell as EPQ Im also contemplating doing AS chemistry next year

Quick Reply

Latest