The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Update 28/03/16
Today I didn’t get time to revise because I was out most of the time but I tried to crack on with revision.
Past Paper: English Language

1. November2012 30/40 Grade A
2. November2013 30/40 Grade A
3. November2014 30/40 Grade A
4. Summer2015 32/40 Grade A

Today, I was revising English Language and I don’t really know how to revise so I only did past papers. If you guys have any suggestions or advice please tell me,especially on how to improve my writing skills e.g. new vocab
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by brainzistheword
You'd better get to it then - only kidding, you've got plenty of time and make sure you enjoy your hols :smile:
At the moment I'm trying to memorise my German and do more history because I have tests in both tomorrow :biggrin:

haha thanks - any advice? :smile:

That is weird!! I've done some more of them again today because of the test I have tomorrow - how is revision going for you overall? :smile:

Thank you! I LOVE science. Which exam board do you do and what do you think you struggle with the most? I'll try to help you where I can :smile:

My revision isn't going very well since I had a breakdown a few days ago. My predictions were very high though so I hope I'll be fine for the exams.

How about you?
Original post by Chittesh14
I find those even more boring.
It's just the content - I find it a bit hard.
Do you have any notes or something that you can share :O

Yeah sure I do - I'll post them tomorrow if I get time (and ain't partying cos it's my birthday :biggrin:)

I will try to get them to you as soon as possible :smile:
Original post by Mac117
My revision isn't going very well since I had a breakdown a few days ago. My predictions were very high though so I hope I'll be fine for the exams.

How about you?

Aw I'm sorry to hear that - are you ok now though?

If there is anything I can do to help you reach your predictions just let me know.

And for me, my eczema is playing up so I spend more time scratching than doing anything else :smile:

Let's help each other along - I wish you the best with everything :smile:
UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

So today I have done:

C4-6 Chemistry past paper

Biology B6 past paper questions

English Past paper extract question

Made a CV

Geography homework - research on Montserrat and Pakistan Flood

History notes on:
Tet Offensive
Civil rights campaigners
Media coverage
Students
VC tactics
President Johnson
Early stages
Later stages
Lessons of Vietnam
(edited 8 years ago)
Aw I'm sorry to hear that - are you ok now though?

If there is anything I can do to help you reach your predictions just let me know.

And for me, my eczema is playing up so I spend more time scratching than doing anything else :smile:

Well I had a talk with a professional and now I'm on my way to get better. It was the pressure and feelings I bottled inside me for months which exploded instantly causing a lot of mess in my room :P

Sorry to hear that! I hope it'll get better soon :smile:

If you want feel free to PM me and we can talk more ^^ I can always help too, though I do have a different exam board (CIE).
Ok. So, my teacher just emailed me today saying he's lost the recording of my last French speaking and I can't redo my old one so I now need to memorise a new one. Great. Therefore, I've only gone over physics notes and memorised my French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

So today I have done:

C4-6 Chemistry past paper

Biology B6 past paper questions

English Past paper extract question

Made a CV

Geography homework - research on Montserrat and Pakistan Flood

History notes on:
Tet Offensive
Civil rights campaigners
Media coverage
Students
VC tactics
President Johnson
Early stages
Later stages
Lessons of Vietnam

I've been using hegarty maths for maths revision. It's not my strongest subject. Do you have any tips on how to revise ?I plan on doing the past papers next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Ok. So, my teacher just emailed me today saying he's lost the recording of my last French speaking and I can't redo my old one so I now need to memorise a new one. Great. Therefore, I've only gone over physics notes and memorised my French.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's rubbish, I'm going to ask my teacher today if I can do revision instead of the German writing I have today because I have already done 2. Well done on all the physics notes and memorisng though :smile:

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I've been using hegarty maths for maths revision. It's not my strongest subject. Do you have any tips on how to revise ?I plan on doing the past papers next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

MyMaths and JustMaths are quite good also. For me I would just recommend past papers from the start they are the best way to spot weaknesses.
Hey, Happy Birthday! (I didn't forget!) :biggrin:

:birthday:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Hey, Happy Birthday! (I didn't forget!) :biggrin:

:birthday:

Thank you very much!! (You are the first person to remember out of all my friends :biggrin:)

:giggle::hoppy:
[QUOTE=brainzistheword;63727031]Aw I'm sorry to hear that - are you ok now though?

Same here with eczema, a doctor told me it can play up when the season changes? that's when I'm bad, rest of the time I'm fine
Happy Birthday! 🎉

Heading to the library today at opening time as I focus much better there. Going to walk there with my friend wo's going to a revision session at her school. :smile: Didn't get much done yesterday as had family over for Easter but learnt first German paragraph. Today I plan to quickly go over German paragraph and check I know it, learn first French paragraph, B3, C3, P3 and a bit of maths. If I have time I'll try to do an English past question as that was set as homework.
HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE :smile::dunce:
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :smile:
MAY GOD BLESS YOU X
( Take a day off from revising and give yourself a break , you deserve it ) :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Happy Birthday Babe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go party hard! Take a day off ! Happy Birthday ^^
happy birthday Zoe! xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!!
how do u revise like whats techniques do you use and how many hours do u revise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending