The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP2 Further Pure 2 – 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

***This is a discussion thread for the AQA June 2016 Further Pure 2 Exam ***

This thread is to discuss any questions you have about the AQA FP2 course and to discuss the exam after it happens. I will also be posting the unofficial mark scheme either on this thread or will link to it from here if someone else does it. Good luck in your exams!

I will be regularly checking up on the thread and am happy to help with any questions that people have

Date: 24th June
Time: 09:00
Duration: 1h 30m

Resources

FP2 Revision Materials and Past Papers: https://goo.gl/7D0ZnQ
Revision Videos: http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/aqa-revision

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all doing the best module of the best exam board :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
Good luck to all doing the best module of the best exam board :smile:

I have to agree with you there, FP2 is definitely my favourite content wise :smile: I take it you are sitting it this year? Have you been doing much revision yet?
hey! i just finished revising this unit and i was wondering, is there any topic other than de moivre's that people find particularly difficult? everyone says that fp2 is a huge step up from fp1, but i really don't feel like most chapters are too bad with the right technique and lots of practise. de moivre's is a huge exception though heh
Original post by jjsnyder
I have to agree with you there, FP2 is definitely my favourite content wise :smile: I take it you are sitting it this year? Have you been doing much revision yet?

Been there done it :biggrin: would recommend newer papers, as the older papers are rather easy compared to the new ones.
Reply 5
Been there done it :biggrin: would recommend newer papers, as the older papers are rather easy compared to the new ones.

Yeah defintely the newer papers are much better, older papers seem far too simple, they are useful to ease you into it at the start though!
of the best exam board :smile:

Peasants! at least our textbooks are nice to look at :angry:

Spoiler

Original post by Student403

Spoiler

Oh how I wish I was doing FP2, but alas that was lat year, uni exams await :smile:

Spoiler

Oh how I wish I was doing FP2, but alas that was lat year, uni exams await :smile:

Spoiler

Ohh that's cool! Mathmo?
Reply 9

Spoiler

They aren't the best looking, very informative though! Not sure about Edexcel's
They aren't the best looking, very informative though! Not sure about Edexcel's

I did a chapter from AQA's M3 and it was very nice and concise. :smile: Edexcel's usually have a bit too many questions
Reply 11
I did a chapter from AQA's M3 and it was very nice and concise. :smile: Edexcel's usually have a bit too many questions

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we don't have an M3 textbook :/ Was it one of the older ones? (It has been an absolute pain finding resources for M3-5!)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we don't have an M3 textbook :/ Was it one of the older ones? (It has been an absolute pain finding resources for M3-5!)

I don't know if you've found this already but here's a link to a pdf of relevant textbook chapters from the old textbooks for M3.

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~groves/AQA%20M3%20Teaching%20Materials.pdf
Reply 13
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
I don't know if you've found this already but here's a link to a pdf of relevant textbook chapters from the old textbooks for M3.

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~groves/AQA%20M3%20Teaching%20Materials.pdf

Yes I have been using that to learn the module, very useful! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
***This is a discussion thread for the AQA June 2016 Further Pure 2 Exam ***

This thread is to discuss any questions you have about the AQA FP2 course and to discuss the exam after it happens. I will also be posting the unofficial mark scheme either on this thread or will link to it from here if someone else does it. Good luck in your exams!

Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Thread which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions on your other exam papers, and do let me know if you spot any that aren't on the list. Good luck with this exam! :h:
Reply 15
Original post by Fox Corner
Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Thread which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions on your other exam papers, and do let me know if you spot any that aren't on the list. Good luck with this exam! :h:

Thanks for that, I'll let you know if I create any others, will do a Core 1 one if no one else gets round to it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Really need to crack on with revision for this module, FM teacher is so bad I spent half the year struggling to self-teach

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Adam_98
Really need to crack on with revision for this module, FM teacher is so bad I spent half the year struggling to self-teach

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am fully self taught this year, I have to admit FP2 was one of the harder ones to self teach (M5 and FP4 were the hardest though!), took me a while to get to grips with some of the topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
What would people say the hardest topic in fp2 is?
Reply 19
Original post by Hjyu1
What would people say the hardest topic in fp2 is?

For me personally, I would say nth roots of unity, but it really depends on the paper I find. Sometimes roots of unity questions are the easiest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending