The Student Room Group

Finding the balance between a fun university and a respected university

Hello, so basically i am a reasonably smart student in my first year of A-Levels. At GCSE i attained 8 A*'s, 3 A's and 1 B but i am kind of going through a crisis right now because i know i will have to start applying for University in a couple of months and i don't know whether to go to a top University that will set me up career wise or a university that isn't as good but would give me the best years of my life per say.
I go to a pretty good college and my classes are filled with people that are really smart and the whole college scene has dampened my motivation and made me feel not as worthy since there are alot of people that are smarter than me. This has lead to spiral of decline and made me contemplate whether i really want to go to a top Uni like Imperial College London.
What do you guys think?
Original post by mrmahadsaid
Hello, so basically i am a reasonably smart student in my first year of A-Levels. At GCSE i attained 8 A*'s, 3 A's and 1 B but i am kind of going through a crisis right now because i know i will have to start applying for University in a couple of months and i don't know whether to go to a top University that will set me up career wise or a university that isn't as good but would give me the best years of my life per say.
I go to a pretty good college and my classes are filled with people that are really smart and the whole college scene has dampened my motivation and made me feel not as worthy since there are alot of people that are smarter than me. This has lead to spiral of decline and made me contemplate whether i really want to go to a top Uni like Imperial College London.
What do you guys think?

Go to a red brick uni like Birmingham,Nottingham, Leeds etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know why you think you won't have fun at a good and respected university? Good universities still have social scenes and clubs you can get involved with.
Original post by doodle_333
I don't know why you think you won't have fun at a good and respected university? Good universities still have social scenes and clubs you can get involved with.

True enough but many people want a lively city to live in as well which is why the Russell group uni's in a big city are ideal for what the op is asking about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending